What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Train wreck

G

My friends love this strain everyone raves about it. I don't know what it's genetics are i do know it comes from northern california
Speaking of rare genetics right now I'm puffin plumb bud from B.C. I haven't heard of it since emery catalog 96 a cool old school strain

G

Trainwreck

A brain thumping, Sativa, soaring high. Comes on strong as a freight train, finishes in the typical ultra-heady Sativa manner! Very medicinal. People become hooked on it like a hard drug. Old school California taste. Dense rock hard nuggets. Next to no leaf .Light green with small calyxes. Thin stem, small buds. Legend has it it was started in the early 80’s by a couple of brothers in San Diego. Mexican X Columbian, with a hint of Afghani.

After 10 or 12 years, somehow a clone was let out, and the madness has started. It has thrived and been mastered in Humboldt County for 12-14 years.

This is unbelievable pot. (90% Sativa / 10% Indica)

This is probably a complete a description I have read.(thanks meduser)

I'm smokin it right now and that just about sums it up but double

Tex

demeegod

WHen you grow it though you tend to have banana problems. I hated that.

The yield on TW is pretty average, nothing special. TW is definately a high maintenance and connesseur (or however you spell it, i refuse to spell check it) stash.

In it's own right it's pretty much among the top 3 strains/clones you can get your hands on if you have the time to check for nanners here and there.

G

Deme, my experience was nothing like that. Trainwreck was/is extreamly easy to grow, virtually no extra maintanance, very robust and vigorous. No hermies what so ever and I stressed the shit out of a couple of them and nothing in the way of bananas.

It really excels when supercropped as well. When supercropped, I think I pulled like 3 o's a plant indoors.

Good growin

Tex

demeegod

Really? There is a group of 4 of us who share from N. Cali dispensories and we all encountered the nanners.

It wasn't nute sensitive or anything, it grew well. The nanners were the pisser. We all pretty much grow differently and all got nanners. Just to different degrees. 2 got nanners at harvest (so no prob), 1 got nanners early and picked them and no prob, I had nanners (a few) but I didn't notice till it has pollinated something and got a nice single bud full o' seed, I was just happy that it didnt spread the pollen everywhere.

Well, just giving my opposing opinion. It's a great strain to experience and smoke. The growing, just watch out for nanners.

demeegod

Well then Im just SOL!

Well then Im just SOL!

LOL.

Well, if only my friends and I get Nanners this is beginning to hurt my feeling. DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU CLONES!

It wasn't a waste though, still made quality buds. Would just like to have the Non-nanner version now.

fuaryone

Strange...

Strange...

I recently rec'vd a clone of Trainwreck... and some-one mentioned that part of the make up is lowland Thai... I have no particulars on the clone only that it came from N.Cal... and has frost even in veg... :confused: so whats the real story... Dr. Jay should know this one for sure... peace.

hieagle420

Cannabis Creeper
Veteran
MIne has nanners to... i was begining to think it was all me.. but i have no light leaks, and they were never stressed... just wondring if the person had it b4 me stressed it and i have a hermie clone off it.. i am getting the Wreck from another source to find out if it puts out nanners too... Damn it looks so good to have nanners on it...
Hey Texaskid.. my wreck was vigrous and vegged really fast... just dont understand why it is hermie :confused: :spank:

Keep It Green and Stay Safe.. HE

G

Are these S1 beans you are growing out? or are these clones from someone?

I grew mine in temps as high as 100 degrees in the flower room, supercropped to the max, bent main stems completely over 180 degrees to the point of breaking, made drastic nute fluctuations on one or two of them, and no nanners.

Maybe I have a super resealant trainwreck or something, who knows.

Tex

hieagle420

Cannabis Creeper
Veteran
Hey Tex
they were clones... if they were S1 then i see why the nanners pop up... but as far as i know they were not S1... Keep It Green and Stay Safe.. HE

G

The TW clone is known to pop out a few bananas late in flower. Jason King mentions it in the Cannabible 2 and I've seen them on buds.

G

who is this jason king guy anyway? i know he's written that book... but what are his credentials? or is he just some guy, that everyone takes his word for gold?

(no offense intended, but i've heard of this dude about 100000 times, but who is he???)

THC

G

He is a photogapher that took a bunch of killer pictures of many many different and gave his commentary on each of them based on the feedback of the growers and personal preference. He then compiled them in a nice color picture book, I also understand that he differs with the grower on quality, appearence, genetics but favors his explaination of origins and quality over theirs alot.

Alot of people dispute his commentary on the strains, so there is always turmoil surrounding him. He takes a mean picture though and Cannabible 1 and 2 make good coffee table books

Tex

G

Yup, another 8 weeks or so and WOODHORSE SEEDS will be fully RESTOCKED with our PURE Trainwreck seeds!

Stay tuned!

HIGHRIDER

Sounds great and at the prices you are selling them for should'nt be that hard to get rid of them. I have a tw x apollo11G and they have'nt showed any hermie traits so i can't relate,just wanted to say hey.

HIGHRIDER

I have a friend that moved to Canada so i'm gonna ask him to send me some!

It's that strain that i always wanted to try but never got the chance since it's usually only avaiable in clone form.

..the name, the high descriptions.. hummm

I can't wait!! :canabis:

I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!

mybeans420

resident slackass
Veteran
bush@crackhouse said:
I have a friend that moved to Canada so i'm gonna ask him to send me some!

It's that strain that i always wanted to try but never got the chance since it's usually only avaiable in clone form.

..the name, the high descriptions.. hummm

I can't wait!! :canabis:

I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!

just curious, why canada? tw is pretty easily obtained in california and no border crossings.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

my experience.....
i've only ever had very immature bananas pop up after it takes me too long getting everything cut down and they go too long in flower. very robust plant. i also believe that tw is indeed mexican and afghani but instead of columbian, lowland creeping thai which is evident in its habit based on the tendancy it has to send it shoots out almost completely laterally.

now a suggestion.....
i have NO PROOF that this works save my own experience.
if you are having issues with tw putting out bananas take a cutting and put it outside next spring. IN THE GROUND!! let it veg for about a month.
i've found that doing this will invigorate a stressed plant. i dont know why or how. all i know is that in my experience it works.
after the plant has vegged for about a month take some cutting off of it and bring them indoors.when i used this technique on some sensi star clones that had to endure a 2 week journey cross country on in the luggage compartment of greyhound busses they came back to full vigor.
if it doesnt work what have you lost?

peace
beans