Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cooking With Cannabis > Different effects between Sativa and Indica in edibles?

Thread Title Search
Different effects between Sativa and Indica in edibles? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-22-2020, 08:27 PM #1
Cvh

Cvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivor
Different effects between Sativa and Indica in edibles?

Hi all,

I have a short question.

Does anybody experience a difference in effect if either an Indica or a Sativa strain is used in an edible? Or does it all have the same effect because the terps get boiled off during the decarboxylation stage?

(I can't try this experiment myself because of a very bad experience with edibles in the past.)

Cheers
Cvh is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-22-2020, 09:32 PM #2
I wood

I wood has disabled reputation
Yes, similar to differences in smoking.
These days I’m on a nearly 100% sativa diet, productivity is up.
I do provide for a couple of people who don’t notice any difference in sativa or indica leaning buds or hash. They don’t seem to get tired from smoking the way I do, they also smoke way more volume.

Still adrift in Hilbert space.
I wood is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-22-2020, 09:47 PM #3
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivor
Yes there is a delta 'tween the 2.

I made some brownies out of previously vaped bud. They were good but it did seam they were fighting themselves, it's hard to explain e.g getting drunk on Irish coffees. You wind up as a wide awake drunk LOL and, your eye balls hurt the next day. Ask me how I know LOL.

Some people understand when you tell them,
not to piss on an electric fence,
others have to find out for themselves. ~ Im'one

A good approach to just about anything in life is to hope for the best,
but be prepared for the worst.

Civilization is the history of conspiracy!
What is civilization but, a conspiracy,
for all of us to do better, working together!
~Snowden

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch..
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 11-22-2020, 09:53 PM #4
Doctor M

Doctor M is just really niceDoctor M is just really niceDoctor M is just really niceDoctor M is just really niceDoctor M is just really niceDoctor M is just really niceDoctor M is just really niceDoctor M is just really niceDoctor M is just really nice
I made some sativa dominant edibles that turned out to strong. My expeience with them was frightening.
Doctor M is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-23-2020, 08:25 AM #5
Cvh

Cvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivor
I keep reading conflicting anecdotal reports on the web.
I have more trust in you guys here then any other sources.

Please keep sharing your personal experiences with Indica VS Sativa edibles.
Cvh is offline Quote

Old 11-23-2020, 08:41 AM #6
moose eater

moose eater has a reputation beyond reputemoose eater has a reputation beyond reputemoose eater has a reputation beyond reputemoose eater has a reputation beyond reputemoose eater has a reputation beyond reputemoose eater has a reputation beyond reputemoose eater has a reputation beyond reputemoose eater has a reputation beyond reputemoose eater has a reputation beyond reputemoose eater has a reputation beyond reputemoose eater has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvh View Post
I keep reading conflicting anecdotal reports on the web.
I have more trust in you guys here then any other sources.

Please keep sharing your personal experiences with Indica VS Sativa edibles.
Any more, I mix my trim that I tumble for hash, then I've sometimes made cannabis butter.

So as far as separating the effects of sativas here, versus Indica, I can't say, and my mothers are mostly heavily influenced by their lineage of Haze or Sativa, though there's some Indica in some of them, for sure.

That said, I can say quite assertively that I have been eating cannabis butter, plain, in place of viable extracts for capsules at the moment (soon to change, I think), and the pieces I eat each evening are about the same size, weight, etc.

I typically follow each 'dose' at night with several puffs of either hash, heat-pressed resin, or flower, and 1 shot of tequila, then bed time shortly there after..

The middle of the night experience, on those becoming-more-rare occasions when I wake up, varies considerably. Sometimes I wake up so high I am reluctant to try and stand up to make it to the restroom for a moment or 2, and other times I am barely high.... from the same cannabis butter, of about the same size and weight dose.

So I'm wondering if there are other factors or variables at play in this question.
moose eater is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-23-2020, 09:14 AM #7
ozzieAI

ozzieAI is a survivorozzieAI is a survivorozzieAI is a survivorozzieAI is a survivorozzieAI is a survivorozzieAI is a survivorozzieAI is a survivorozzieAI is a survivorozzieAI is a survivorozzieAI is a survivorozzieAI is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvh View Post
Hi all,

I have a short question.

Does anybody experience a difference in effect if either an Indica or a Sativa strain is used in an edible?

Or does it all have the same effect because the terps get boiled off during the decarboxylation stage?

(I can't try this experiment myself because of a very bad experience with edibles in the past.)

Cheers
they mostly boil off and leave a bland sort of effect...i add terpenes back into the mix when i make my caps to create the effect i would like to have...adding terpenes makes edibles POP....

We are not criminals - they are the criminals for criminalising cannabis horticulture -Gypsy Nirvana

ozzieAI is offline Quote

Old 11-23-2020, 10:16 PM #8
Cvh

Great feedback. Thanks a lot.
Does anyone else has some experiences?
Cvh is offline Quote

Old 11-27-2020, 07:40 AM #9
Cvh

Bump.
Anyone else have some experience or an opinion?
Cvh is offline Quote

Old 11-27-2020, 09:10 PM #10
mme_oscar

mme_oscar will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzieAI View Post
they mostly boil off and leave a bland sort of effect...i add terpenes back into the mix when i make my caps to create the effect i would like to have...adding terpenes makes edibles POP....
Hey,

Interesting idea. Could you please develop: which kind of terpenes and how much?
Do you add them directly to coco butter?

Cheers
mme_oscar is offline Quote