Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Coco Coir > transplant in coco coir - help

Thread Title Search
transplant in coco coir - help Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-19-2020, 04:48 PM #1
MICHAELPITO

MICHAELPITO will become famous soon enoughMICHAELPITO will become famous soon enough
transplant in coco coir - help

Hello everyone! I started my first coconut ride, I have already grown in soil but never in coconut. I have read many guides, I have read a beautiful guide on the Italian forum, I was inspired by this for this tour. In this guide, the grower starts in a 0.4 liter pot and transports several times to a maximum double or triple size pot. Its sequence is 0.4 liters, 1 liter, 3 liters, 6 liters, 11 liters or 15 liters. The grower uses plastic pots, uses coconut and 50/50 perlite. I want to do the same thing but using tissue pots, I started in a 0.4 liter pot of tissue, I would like to transfer first into a 1 liter pot, then 2, then 4, then 8 and then 16, all in pots of fabric. In this way I should always have an excellent root / substrate / oxygen ratio to push the plant hard. I plan on doing one plant in mainlining so I have a lot of time to vegetate. How about?
MICHAELPITO is offline Quote

Old 11-19-2020, 05:28 PM #2
MICHAELPITO

MICHAELPITO will become famous soon enoughMICHAELPITO will become famous soon enough
A clarification, I will irrigate at high frequency with an automatic irrigation system DTW

Old 11-19-2020, 06:46 PM #3
Bush Dr
Painting the picture of Dorian Gray

Bush Dr is a splendid one to beholdBush Dr is a splendid one to beholdBush Dr is a splendid one to beholdBush Dr is a splendid one to beholdBush Dr is a splendid one to beholdBush Dr is a splendid one to beholdBush Dr is a splendid one to beholdBush Dr is a splendid one to beholdBush Dr is a splendid one to beholdBush Dr is a splendid one to beholdBush Dr is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICHAELPITO View Post
A clarification, I will irrigate at high frequency with an automatic irrigation system DTW
In that case you don’t need to be in a pot bigger than 3 or 6 litres

Vegging to fill the pots in bigger pots is a waste of time and money unless you’re growing trees

Check out Dan’s Buds ....

This ain't no ordinary herb I'm smoking - Fantan Mojah

Supermoto for that eXtra buzz

A friend in need is a friend in debt
Bush Dr is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-19-2020, 07:20 PM #4
ridoo

ridoo is a jewel in the roughridoo is a jewel in the roughridoo is a jewel in the roughridoo is a jewel in the roughridoo is a jewel in the roughridoo is a jewel in the roughridoo is a jewel in the rough
as said by Bush Dr in coco you don't need such big containers...

and you don't need about transplanting so much, in coco the roots use the place you give then die dissolve and new ones grow, use of enzymes for eat dead roots and it will works even faster...

and i don't know about how many plants you will have but transplanting them from 6 liters containers with an automated water stuff in the middle... just sound as a nightmare to me

Old 11-19-2020, 09:03 PM #5
MICHAELPITO

Hi guys! thank you all! I haven't told anything about my project.
- growbox: 60x60x160
- light: spider farmer sf1000 100watt
- extractor: quiet line 100 cubic meters per hour
- filter: activated carbon
- vases: fabric
- substrate: coco professional plus & perlite 50/50 cane
- fertilizers: advanced nutrients ph perfect sensi grow & bloom A + B, advanced nutrients b52, vodoo juice, overdrive and big bud.
- humidifier
- 2 fans (1 to cool the LED and 1 for the plant)
- automatic irrigation system
- 5 and 20 liter tank
- air pump and porous stone
- grid under pot
- basin under the pot to recover (and throw) the run off
- strain: green royal queen seed ice cream
In my space I want to make only a plant grown with the original mainlining method of nugbuckets, weeks of vegetative estimated from 7 to 10, I want to reach half the height possible and then send in fioriutra, being a single plant I would like to obtain as much as possible so vegetate as long as it takes to have thick branches and heavy buds. I have read all the guide articles on the coco for cannabis website and about coconut transplants, they recommend starting in a 0.4 tissue pot, reaching the third node transplanting into a 2 liter tissue pot, and reaching the sixth / seventh node transplant into the final pot (11 liters for automatic irrigation and 20 liters for hand irrigation), the same says the groweasy website (very reliable) but I had also read the guide of this Italian guy who made many decantings by pushing hard his plants. What could be the best solution? I repeat that I would like to fill the space I have with only one plant, so it must be pretty thick. thanks

Old 11-19-2020, 09:19 PM #6
ridoo

ridoo is a jewel in the roughridoo is a jewel in the roughridoo is a jewel in the roughridoo is a jewel in the roughridoo is a jewel in the roughridoo is a jewel in the roughridoo is a jewel in the rough
hum...

with only one plant I would start in the biggest container and make a SCROG

or some serious bending to optimise light surface

my 2 cents

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:39 PM #7
MICHAELPITO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridoo View Post
hum...

with only one plant I would start in the biggest container and make a SCROG

or some serious bending to optimise light surface

my 2 cents
I also thought about scrog but it's much more stressful, mainlining is convenient, easy and profitable, isn't it?

Old 11-20-2020, 01:39 AM #8
ridoo

i guess it depends what you experience the most

this mainlining thing looks good, it's like very controlled "super cropping", dunno, whatever, if you give proper care it will work fine

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-20-2020, 01:57 PM #9
f-e

f-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant future
50/50 isn't hydro or coco. Both of which are fed differently. Many from soil backgrounds run into problems this way. If you want anything in coco it's expanded clay. However the mix isn't the best for recycling. Coco should really be used on it's own.
f-e is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-20-2020, 03:06 PM #10
Bush Dr
Painting the picture of Dorian Gray

Bush Dr is a splendid one to beholdBush Dr is a splendid one to beholdBush Dr is a splendid one to beholdBush Dr is a splendid one to beholdBush Dr is a splendid one to beholdBush Dr is a splendid one to beholdBush Dr is a splendid one to beholdBush Dr is a splendid one to beholdBush Dr is a splendid one to beholdBush Dr is a splendid one to beholdBush Dr is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by f-e View Post
50/50 isn't hydro or coco. Both of which are fed differently. Many from soil backgrounds run into problems this way. If you want anything in coco it's expanded clay. However the mix isn't the best for recycling. Coco should really be used on it's own.
Good advice ^^^^

This ain't no ordinary herb I'm smoking - Fantan Mojah

Supermoto for that eXtra buzz

A friend in need is a friend in debt
Bush Dr is online now Quote