What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco grows Slurricane and Wedding Cake

indagroove

Veteran
Nice bro. I'm also growing Slurricane and Wedding Cake, but I'm on the opposite side of the equator, so it's just starting to get cold here now.

One thing that I've found tricky is that my cut of Slurricane (which is super frosty and smells like grape jelly) doesn't feed as heavy as the Wedding Cake. If I was to monocrop wedding cake, I would be running my PPMs at least 100ppm higher than where I'm at with feeding both strains the same nutes.

Slurricane:
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20200928_231657 - Edited.jpg
    20200928_231657 - Edited.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 41

CoCo_LoCo

Nice bro. I'm also growing Slurricane and Wedding Cake, but I'm on the opposite side of the equator, so it's just starting to get cold here now.

One thing that I've found tricky is that my cut of Slurricane (which is super frosty and smells like grape jelly) doesn't feed as heavy as the Wedding Cake. If I was to monocrop wedding cake, I would be running my PPMs at least 100ppm higher than where I'm at with feeding both strains the same nutes.

Slurricane:
View Image

Thanks for the advise dude. I tested the EC of the runoff of one of the slurricanes that was looking a bit too light green. The runoff was about 400ms higher than it should have been so I flushed her a bit.

Im feeding around 1.2 EC veg and flower. Im going to drop it to about 0.8 going forward for veg. Maybe raise it a bit in flower.

What EC do you feed at?

indagroove

Veteran
Thanks for the advise dude. I tested the EC of the runoff of one of the slurricanes that was looking a bit too light green. The runoff was about 400ms higher than it should have been so I flushed her a bit.

Im feeding around 1.2 EC veg and flower. Im going to drop it to about 0.8 going forward for veg. Maybe raise it a bit in flower.

What EC do you feed at?

I usually feed between 1.3 and 1.5 EC, depending on the plant phase, but check runoff regularly and adjust accordingly. I think 0.8 EC in veg will be too low. The runoff of Slurricane is often 300ppm higher than Wedding Cake, so it's a bit tricky to accommodate both. I think in future runs, I may monocrop one strain per cycle, and then switch strains for the following cycle. I really want to push the EC on the Wedding Cake, but I know the Slurricane won't be happy with that. I'm running "Cowboy's Cut" of Slurricane btw.

CoCo_LoCo

Week and a half of flowering. The stretch is upon me.

The slurricane is way bigger than the wedding cake now.

hVEAAswh.jpg

Dktlc6Sh.jpg

evtBUkuh.jpg

v7ZxSPdh.jpg

DxnBcmQh.jpg

CoCo_LoCo

I took all the plants out, put the net in at the height I wanted then slid the Slurricanes under the net and worked all the branches around the net. This is before any defoliation.

jaN6q4Ih.jpg

After defoliation. Took a bunch of leaves off that where jamming up the net and worked the branches around to spread then out evenly.

Tried my best to get the slurricanes as low as the wedding cakes and keep them from blocking them. Not an ideal matching at all but im ok with it as I like the variety.

fKfqD9Bh.jpg

yzNRHlhh.jpg

727hhYYh.jpg

gizmo666

your grow is looking excellent
as i'm going to be using a net for the fist time myself(in a while i'm only at day 1 lol)
when you defoliate how far do you go?
thanks
giz

indagroove

Veteran
Almost 3 weeks of flowering.

The Slurricanes went ape shit. The Wedding cake is struggling to keep up.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

My Slurricane also explodes during veg and early flower. I have to remember to flip it sooner. My current run got a little too tall, but I'm managing, can to bend them over a bit. I know what you mean aboiut the Wedding Cakle, but don't worry it will catch up and might flower for a week or so longer than the Slurricane. Here's mine at just shy of 6-weeks flowering (Wedding Cake in front-right, the rest Slurricane):

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20201124_000606.jpg
    20201124_000606.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 34

CoCo_LoCo

My Slurricane also explodes during veg and early flower. I have to remember to flip it sooner. My current run got a little too tall, but I'm managing, can to bend them over a bit. I know what you mean aboiut the Wedding Cakle, but don't worry it will catch up and might flower for a week or so longer than the Slurricane. Here's mine at just shy of 6-weeks flowering (Wedding Cake in front-right, the rest Slurricane):

View Image

Thanks for the advise bro.

These wedding cake clones I have are half as vigorous as the slurricanes. Im really enjoying the developing buds and the whole structure. Very big poofs of pistils even multiple nodes down. Definitely gonna yield.

Latest posts

Latest posts