What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deep Cheese, Tangie, Zamaldelica, Pink Kush, Holy Grail Kush, SSH x Love Potion etc.

Thesearch

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thesearch

Well, I apologize for my absence, things have been a bit hectic. I had to move to the aforementioned greenhouse, but someone else on the property ended up having some PTSD problems and thought I was trying to push them out of the property. Of course it was unfounded and I did my best to persuade them, but I'm too old for drama so I decided it wasn't worth staying.

So we got them moved to a third spot where they got some good sun and then got put in this greenhouse.
Long story short, the greenhouse was one ply gh poly and not on enough of an angle, so we had condensation and dripping problems even with the use of a dehumidifier, fans, vents etc. This ended up in a bit of mold forming on some main colas, assumably from direct drips too late in flower, but besides the early harvests to avoid more mold, it was not a bad harvest, all stress to the plants considered.

Plants were mostly harvested after 65 days under the sun on October 15th, with the exception of the zamaldelicas, the choco candy female and the cookie monster, which got maybe 4 more days before weather was getting worse.

Notable things I missed mentioning:

The choco candy is phenomenal. I can't say this enough. My female wasn't very fast flowering, definitely not the 9 weeks advertised, but is the perfect mix of the sweet coffee/artificial chocolate sativa dankness smell of the chocolope and the dank kushy pungency of a kushy afghan. In fact, I probably shouldn't say it, it's almost like an unkept secret. I would say if it got taken to 11 or 12 weeks ot would have been true quad, no doubt. probably the most crystal covered buds of them all, and a smell that is more like what I imagined when I first heard of dosidos. You could call this dosidos and say the other ones are fake imo. I'd believe it. havent smoked it yet though, so we will see how she hits. got 1 male and 1 female out of the 2 plants.

The weird looking Philly's gold plant full on hermied, balls and all, same with one of my deep cheese plants. They did get stressed quiiite a bit so that's not too much of a surprise though.

1 Deep Cheese was cheesy smelling early on but was the one that hermied. 2nd one smells nothing like cheese but is a very lovely fruity pineapple smell.

My super silver haze X love potion plants I was really looking forward to ended up super crystally, very dense buds, great branching and production, but smell and taste more like a sweet sour diesel then I was expecting. Almost like it was mostly a cross of the skunk and g13 parts of the heritage. Genetics are funny though, and since the seeds were a gift I cant complain about the beautiful plants that they are. Nice sweet, sour and hashy flavour with a fairly strong but fairly balanced high.

The one Tangie female I ended up with may have been a bit of a dud also. I didnt take it to it's full length, but the main smells at harvest were powdered donuts and baby powder, which in drying turned a bit to the tanginess from tangie but without the orange. overall experience with that batch of seeds is pretty shit. I did get the males to pollinate a couple plants though, namely the tangie female, a couple zamaldelicas and the choco candy though I dont know yet what if any was successful of that.

Everything else I will give a better write up on once I get them dried and cured a bit more.

The pictures of the plants are about a week before harvest. The unlabeled plants are zamaldelicas.

Thesearch

OK, I don't want to be the guy who razzes everyone else for not giving the smoke reports but doesn't finish it themselves, so here goes a rough once over on everything, I'll add some bud pics soon if I rememember.

Zamaldelicas
I had 4 phenos, there was some flavour/smell variation, classic spicey mild sativa smells with one having a bit more sweetness to it, but nothing terribly noteable. High on all of these was a bit stimulating (not sleepy) but more hazey then bright, stimulating or psychedelic. Tried smoking 2 gram cannons to my face and smoking several in a row, but couldn't really get much out of them. They were too early harvested for my high tolerance and overall was my biggest disappointment in the grow. I am hoping to grow it again and see it in it's true glory, hopefully soon.

Philly's Gold
Smells like crackers and tomato leaves, tastes like burning leaves. High is virtually non-existant.

Deep Cheese
sweet skunky pineapple smell and flavour, but was a bit more harsh, covering the sweetness in flavour. Not much noteable here. Honestly didn't notice anything noteable about the high.

Holy Grail Kush!
OK, here we start to see more of the potential of the grow shining through. 3 phenos, all slightly, but noteably different. #1 pheno was in my opinion the strongest, largest yielding and had a solid pine note added to the sweet garbage kush smell that made up the background on all 3 phenos. #2 pheno was the strongest smelling, lowest yielding one, and had a particularly sweet funky garbage juice pungency along with the solid kush notes. #3 was a bit more mild in flavour and smell but still very nice. All 3 had pretty good indica effects, but weren't quite as strong as the versions I have tried before. I will see how they do inside.

Tangie
So, I didn't have a lot of good to say about the tangie before, but it turned out to be one of my favourite smokes out of the batch surprisingly. Yes, the sweet orange front was pretty much missing, but the tangy flavour it did have was very nice and transferred to the flavour fully. along with the nice sativa high it really was nice. I guess even a dud tangie is high quality.

SSH x LP
Along with my previous notes on this strain I'm just going to add that the closest pheno I got was the #2, which had more lemony-sativa flavours then the other two. After a lot of reflection, I realized the smells and flavour were reminding me of duke nukem/nuken, with some sour notes added, and more sativa background. #2 was more sativa high, I felt like as well, but they were all definitely conversation conducive, non-drowsy sativa dominant in effect. Actually gave one toke to a friend who never smokes and they spent the next 3 hours cleaning my friend's apartment!

Pink Kush
Very nice strain, reminded me of the pink kush I was getting 7 years ago more then the pink kush cut that seems to be going around now. Kush forward with a cherrry/geraniol sweetness in the back (the pink cut going around now is more straight loud fuely kush). Fairly strong as well. Not straight sedation, but indica dominant and sedative on its level. 2nd most scissor gumming strain after the monster cookies. would make a good plant for extractors.

White Cookies
Very fluffy buds with a very nice piney/hazey smell including some noticeable terpinolene. Nice stimulating, conversation conducive strain. Tastes and smells nicer then it looks for sure.

Monster Cookies
It was definitely at least 2 weeks away from a proper harvest date, yet still turned out to be the #1 fiskar buster. I had to clean my scissors after ***every*** bud... no joke. it was a little annoying actually. It was also the strongest strain. sedative and dreamy but not instant knockout, it was the only one that I smoked and had a genuinely baked reaction too. no guessing if you're high with this one. Taste was classic kush and on point, but had a bit of an underripe smell to it after curing. can't wait to take her to her limits. wish me luck

last but not least

Choco Candy
The smell on this strain is fannnnntastic and hits all the boxes for me. full chocolope flavour (valentines/halloween milk chocolate with a rounded sweet melon background and a touch of sharpness like the tangy edge from tangie, and a touch of skunk/fuel, just enough that it gives it that dangerous edge) but with the added kushy hash flavour of a kushy afghan, and a touch of pine. Flavour is there, but doesn't 100% come through. I'm hoping this will change if it's grown indoors, but mostly I'm excited to cross this plant out to a few fun strains. It has already been crossed to tangie! High is pretty balanced on this strain, didn't notice going up or down with it.

That's all for the smoke reports, but I'm just going to put it out there that I took clones (in flower) of all plants except the zamaldelicas and have kept them for another indoor round and as I evaluate the phenos. Despite taking them all in flower I had an almost 100% success rate using the rapid rooter grow plugs and a little bit of medi one to keep them going. this was also in an average 8 degree celsius environment with a single cfl bulb. I highly recommend the rapid rooter plugs. they are miles above peat moss plugs.

I will post bud pics soon and the tent repopulating :)

Successful seed crosses:
zamaldelica x tangie, choco candy x tangie, tangie x tangie, hgk x purple kush, hgk x (ssh x lp), (ssh x lp) f2, pink kush x purple kush