Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Mandala Seeds > Kalichakra phenos

Thread Title Search
Kalichakra phenos Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-18-2019, 05:21 PM #1
Horselover Fat

Horselover Fat has much to be proud ofHorselover Fat has much to be proud ofHorselover Fat has much to be proud ofHorselover Fat has much to be proud ofHorselover Fat has much to be proud ofHorselover Fat has much to be proud ofHorselover Fat has much to be proud ofHorselover Fat has much to be proud ofHorselover Fat has much to be proud ofHorselover Fat has much to be proud ofHorselover Fat has much to be proud of
Kalichakra phenos

I'm growing Kalichakra again. I'm on the fourth week of flower. I got four distinctly different plants. Two on the sativa side and two more indicaish bushes.

Pictures are from day 18

This is #1 She's got a narrow sativa leaf. Very airy structure

#2 is much strechier than the others.

#3 is bushy

#4 is very bushy and compact. Tiny infact, but loads of budsites.

Do you guys have pictures of your kalichakra phenos to share?
Horselover Fat is online now Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:02 PM #2
repuk
Altruistic Hazeist

repuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant future
Sure!

Beautiful purple striped stems. I'd say is going same growth and smell route as the legendary "foxy kalichakra" (burnt rubber smelling) with a superb frankincese/patchouli/berries taste after curing. No signs of preflowers, at 18/6 now.

She has been fimmed only, caught me off-guard, really vigorous and hardy plants. Cannot bend her now, so will resort to supercropping and or crunch and bend for sure.

Kalichakra #2 has been fimmed and bondaged so until it develops al bit more there's little to see, but really close looking.

With This one if it turns out to be a girl I'l probably do the horizontal repot to keep her down.
repuk is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-19-2020, 01:00 PM #3
repuk
Altruistic Hazeist

repuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant future
She's a girl! She threw preflowers on flip day #2!

Kalichakra #2 flipped too, we'll see.
repuk is offline Quote

Old 04-30-2020, 11:14 AM #4
Horselover Fat

Horselover Fat has much to be proud ofHorselover Fat has much to be proud ofHorselover Fat has much to be proud ofHorselover Fat has much to be proud ofHorselover Fat has much to be proud ofHorselover Fat has much to be proud ofHorselover Fat has much to be proud ofHorselover Fat has much to be proud ofHorselover Fat has much to be proud ofHorselover Fat has much to be proud ofHorselover Fat has much to be proud of
Awesome!

My #3 foxtailed, not like the one you posted, but the buds were different shape from the others. I had some problems during the grow (due to using powerful leds for the first time), but it was a pretty good grow. I had to take down #1 because of bananas mid way through flower, but yields were #4 ~50g, #3 ~60g and #2 80g. They were quite small when I flowered them and number #1 was still tiny when I chopped her.

The high is similar between them. Relaxed, zero paranoia and nice buzz. The strechy #2 yielded most and luckily has the best high with a little energy to the buzz.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200208_091114.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	531346 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200208_090933.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	531347 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200210_133923.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	531348
Horselover Fat is online now Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-22-2020, 11:12 AM #5
repuk
Altruistic Hazeist

Dunno if it's a pheno I never came across, but the plant depicted (Kalichakra #1, #2 was a male and was culled) smells to apricot... I think I've run like a dozen of them already, none with this scent.
repuk is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-22-2020, 08:46 PM #6
Wild Seed

Wild Seed is a jewel in the roughWild Seed is a jewel in the roughWild Seed is a jewel in the roughWild Seed is a jewel in the roughWild Seed is a jewel in the roughWild Seed is a jewel in the roughWild Seed is a jewel in the roughWild Seed is a jewel in the rough
They look great! Did the fragrance differ much between them?
Have only found one female so far. Looked like the #2 and stayed green. Vigorous with heavy conical buds. Smells of spices and herby mint, something like a saag aloo, later complemented by a bold fruity scent too, maybe mango or apricot. Humorous, relaxing yet energizing effect.

Repuk, from your experience how many phenos would you say there are?
Wild Seed is offline Quote

Old 05-22-2020, 09:51 PM #7
OkThen

OkThen is a name known to allOkThen is a name known to allOkThen is a name known to allOkThen is a name known to allOkThen is a name known to allOkThen is a name known to allOkThen is a name known to allOkThen is a name known to allOkThen is a name known to allOkThen is a name known to allOkThen is a name known to all
Thanks for all the posts !!
I have three Kalichakra 2018 freebies in veg under t5s at the moment.
The smoke reports sound great !!

Old 05-23-2020, 10:36 AM #8
repuk
Altruistic Hazeist

@Wild Seed: Re: fragance, Yes, a lot!! She was the first plant I grew and I've grown her since 2009 (there should be pictures on my albums), recent ones were much tamed and refined but equally vigorous.

Spices and minty/fennel/sagey touches were much bolder on first ones if I recall correctly, they worked out the line for more fruity base tastes, which in the past were more mangoish, or my last, which was like red berries and blueberries with the boldest patchouli/sandal frankincense I've ever come across.

This one looks similar (stems and its rubs) but the apricot scent caught me off guard.

Dunno about current phenos, initially there were like three. Two big ones, high yielders, one with no fruity taste and low taste but for the herbal spicyness. A second one had what I believe wider nepalese leaves was tastier, with some mango taste, and a third that was more stout and less yielding but faster. I remember other forum users talking about them here in IC.

I think you got the second pheno. Really vigorous high yielding plant a little on the leafy side with pinecone sized buds with citrics/mangoish taste and minty/slightly piney herbal spicy touches.

I couldn't agree more with you on the effect. Some plants are also really arousing and sensual, incredible to smoke in partnership with your significant other.

With current line I'm finding different plants as I go sowing, I think I have three 10 seeds packs plus more as freebies from Devi, I think from 2018.

Starting to feel like running over my seed stock and start finding moms or elite cuts.

The bigger three on the right are my first three kalichakras back in '2009, The one at right corner has the leaves I was talking about.

repuk is offline Quote

Old 05-23-2020, 05:44 PM #9
Wild Seed

Wild Seed is a jewel in the roughWild Seed is a jewel in the roughWild Seed is a jewel in the roughWild Seed is a jewel in the roughWild Seed is a jewel in the roughWild Seed is a jewel in the roughWild Seed is a jewel in the roughWild Seed is a jewel in the rough
Yep, that looks like the one. Fruity pinecones with spicy mint or fennel. Almost doubled the yield of everything else, coupled with a low odour. Good to know how the other typical phenotypes compare.

Thanks repuk. Happy to hear the effects are enhancing in every department. She's definitely a spritely smoke. I'd love to see a report if you search through all those seeds. Hopefully there are more foxy frankincense & berry phenos to be found. I've about 10 2018 KCs left.

OkThen, keep us updated. Hoping you've got a girl or 2 there to enjoy.
Wild Seed is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:20 AM #10
repuk
Altruistic Hazeist

Found a couple more pics from "foxy kalichakra"

At two weeks into flower:

Main stem (Blumat is the regular sized one)

Canopy

Chop day
repuk is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.