What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Leg Pain

Smokerman

Veteran
This is the CT the thoracic surgeon wanted for my lungs, he calls me later this week. It looks like I need to talk to the cardiologist.
0C03023D-7DC5-4291-856F-C78C4E3AE603.jpeg

Smokerman

Veteran
Just got diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia. If anybody else suffers from this please, please tell me you found something, anything that helps.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
trigeminal neuralgia???? on top of everything else?? Damn, that sucks! I remember as a kid visiting a friend of the family who came down with that - out of the blue, no reason.

The pain can be unbearable, hope they can give you something that helps Smokerman. :shucks:

Smokerman

Veteran
trigeminal neuralgia???? on top of everything else?? Damn, that sucks! I remember as a kid visiting a friend of the family who came down with that - out of the blue, no reason.

The pain can be unbearable, hope they can give you something that helps Smokerman. :shucks:
It’s like lightning bolts going through your face. Dr gave me gabapentin which reduces the frequency but unfortunately doesn’t seem to help with the constant burning pain.

moose eater

It’s like lightning bolts going through your face. Dr gave me gabapentin which reduces the frequency but unfortunately doesn’t seem to help with the constant burning pain.

When my spine first went wonky, compressing nerves/spinal cord, and expressing the nerve confusion/pain through the legs for the most part, the Doc gave me Gabapentin/Neurontin. I was on very light doses, totaling about (if I recall correctly) 150mg/day.

The stuff gave me an issue with transposing consonants when speaking (stumbling over too many non-vowels was what it was like), as well as whacky animated dreams. Later I had other reactions to the stuff, which included some amount of dizziness, etc. Oh, and the stuff boosted my glucose levels, too; lovely shit.

Not everyone gets the side effects described, but many/some do. And if you need it, you need it, absent another source to quell the nerve signals, which is its primary job.

If you want a somewhat humorous but well-informed article re. Gabapentin, look at a source online, crazy-meds.org.. I think that's it, but I've been getting some trouble from the site when I tried to get specific re. finding the page(s) I looked at previously re. Neurontin/Gabapentin, when I was going to get a link to post.

Good luck.

And yes, it seemed not long ago at all (days? weeks?) that the hurdles sometimes seem to just pile up, no matter what. Hopefully you get the bad news out of the way, and move on to something resembling recovery or remission.

Last edited:

Smokerman

Veteran
When my spine first went wonky, compressing nerves/spinal cord, and expressing the nerve confusion/pain through the legs for the most part, the Doc gave me Gabapentin/Neurontin. I was on very light doses, totaling about (if I recall correctly) 150mg/day.

The stuff gave me an issue with transposing consonants when speaking (stumbling over too many non-vowels was what it was like), as well as whacky animated dreams. Later I had other reactions to the stuff, which included some amount of dizziness, etc. Oh, and the stuff boosted my glucose levels, too; lovely shit.

Not everyone gets the side effects described, but many/some do. And if you need it, you need it, absent another source to quell the nerve signals, which is its primary job.

If you want a somewhat humorous but well-informed article re. Gabapentin, look at a source online, crazy-meds.org.. I think that's it, but I've been getting some trouble from the site when I tried to get specific re. finding the page(s) I looked at previously re. Neurontin/Gabapentin, when I was going to get a link to post.

Good luck.

And yes, it seemed not long ago at all (days? weeks?) that the hurdles sometimes seem to just pile up, no matter what. Hopefully you get the bad news out of the way, and move on to something resembling recovery or remission.

I’m not really feeling any side effects yet except being more tired, I’ll have to see how it plays.
Thank you for the kind words.

Latest posts

Latest posts