Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Organics for Beginners

Thread Title Search
Organics for Beginners Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2020, 04:58 PM #5811
GuyManDude

GuyManDude is a jewel in the roughGuyManDude is a jewel in the roughGuyManDude is a jewel in the roughGuyManDude is a jewel in the roughGuyManDude is a jewel in the roughGuyManDude is a jewel in the rough
i'm looking at AN's organic line. anyone using it here?
GuyManDude is offline Quote

Old 10-29-2020, 04:58 PM #5812
Sunshineinabag
Banned

Sunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivor
I try to avoid all liquid bottled nutes
Sunshineinabag is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:02 PM #5813
mexweed

mexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud of
yeah if you're going bottled might as well use pbp with liquid karma and call it close enough

the water only plants I've been doing with biolive as a stand alone are looking good, the roots uprising plants I just transplanted and they're looking a little light on N so I'm thinking I might have to double the application rate, biolive errs on too much N and not enough K but it works if you don't pile it all on at once, the roots uprising bloom definitely has a more appealing NPK but unless this N issue is easily solved by adding more I would have to say biolive is the better stand alone
mexweed is offline Quote

Old 11-24-2020, 01:11 PM #5814
nuitari

nuitari will become famous soon enoughnuitari will become famous soon enough
Hello everyone. I want to use lc's soiless mix 1 and for supplement recipe 1. But I cant find kelp meal and liquid karma. So maybe u can help me to change these what I can get.
I have to think as local farmers since I cant get the products as labeled brands.

instead of kelp meal I m thinking to use powdered seaweed extract which contains;(u can advice me diffrent material for me to use as long as its not a brand.I probably can find raw materials like alfalfa etc what can I add instead of seaweed for the source of potassium)
Organic materials:%30
Potasyum Oksit(K2O):%12
Alginic acid:%1,5
Gibberallic Acid:1 Mg/Kg
Ph 9-11
EC 34,8 dS/M

instead of liquid karma thinking to use bottled humic fulvic acids ? Not decieded on this yet. Any help would be appreciated.(or wormcastings teaa with molasses for every watering or 2nd.)

And instead of canadian sphangum peat gonna use coco peat should I change anything for cocopeat ? ;
Edit: It seems I cant get pure bone meal. I can get meat bone meal mixed . I think it has lower amount of P compared pure bone meal. Should I add anything to supplement P ?

Last edited by nuitari; 11-24-2020 at 02:41 PM..
nuitari is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-24-2020, 02:51 PM #5815
SamsonsRiddle

SamsonsRiddle is a glorious beacon of lightSamsonsRiddle is a glorious beacon of lightSamsonsRiddle is a glorious beacon of lightSamsonsRiddle is a glorious beacon of lightSamsonsRiddle is a glorious beacon of lightSamsonsRiddle is a glorious beacon of lightSamsonsRiddle is a glorious beacon of lightSamsonsRiddle is a glorious beacon of lightSamsonsRiddle is a glorious beacon of lightSamsonsRiddle is a glorious beacon of lightSamsonsRiddle is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuitari View Post
Hello everyone. I want to use lc's soiless mix 1 and for supplement recipe 1. But I cant find kelp meal and liquid karma. So maybe u can help me to change these what I can get.
I have to think as local farmers since I cant get the products as labeled brands.

instead of kelp meal I m thinking to use powdered seaweed extract which contains;(u can advice me diffrent material for me to use as long as its not a brand.I probably can find raw materials like alfalfa etc what can I add instead of seaweed for the source of potassium)
Organic materials:%30
Potasyum Oksit(K2O):%12
Alginic acid:%1,5
Gibberallic Acid:1 Mg/Kg
Ph 9-11
EC 34,8 dS/M

instead of liquid karma thinking to use bottled humic fulvic acids ? Not decieded on this yet. Any help would be appreciated.

And instead of canadian sphangum peat gonna use coco peat should I change anything for cocopeat ?

powdered seaweed extract is supposed to be diluted into water and given as a foliar or a drench and not a part of your in-medium nutrition. i would try looking a little harder for kelp meal because it is one of those ingredients most people won't go without. i like to bubble it for a few days (or just soak for a week disturbing it whenever i remember), dilute it, and add in some silicon, fulvic, yucca extract and apply as a foliar.

liquid karma isn't a must, but i think a lot of people prefer floralicious plus over it.

fulvics are usually best used as foliar, so if you don't want to use it for that reason i would suggest using humics. if you want bottle humics or fulvics i would check out bioag's line of products.

as far as peat or coco, i would suggest coco over peat. coco does dry out a little faster than peat so you would want to lighten up the aeration component (perlite, lava rocks, etc.) by a little bit. also, coco doesn't NEED lime because it has a pretty good ph.
SamsonsRiddle is offline Quote

Old 11-24-2020, 03:32 PM #5816
nuitari

Thx for quick reply. I m looking for the materials in the recipe like for a week and there is no kelp meal around despite how much harder I try to find. So eventually there will be a need for replacing kelp meal for sure. For lime as much as I understand its not about ph buffering for us to use main reason to provide cal-mg. Actually I made organic grow before but used some bottled ferts from biobizz to supplement what plants need. This time I dont want to spend abnormal prices for the ferts like biobizz cause they are way overpriced where I live.
nuitari is offline Quote

Old 11-24-2020, 04:17 PM #5817
Sunshineinabag
Banned

Sunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivor
Boiling a banana peel in water.
Then using cooled off water on plants......can help w magnesium
Sunshineinabag is offline Quote

Old 11-24-2020, 11:15 PM #5818
40degsouth

40degsouth is just really nice40degsouth is just really nice40degsouth is just really nice40degsouth is just really nice40degsouth is just really nice40degsouth is just really nice40degsouth is just really nice40degsouth is just really nice40degsouth is just really nice40degsouth is just really nice40degsouth is just really nice
Hey everyone,
Nuitari, some other unlikely spots to look for kelp meal could be a health food shop because people eat it and a saddlery, as it is used to put in horses feed.
It’s also been found to reduce methane emissions in cattle (burps not farts).
Hope this helps,
Cheers,
40degsouth is offline Quote

Old 11-28-2020, 02:48 AM #5819
SamsonsRiddle

SamsonsRiddle is a glorious beacon of lightSamsonsRiddle is a glorious beacon of lightSamsonsRiddle is a glorious beacon of lightSamsonsRiddle is a glorious beacon of lightSamsonsRiddle is a glorious beacon of lightSamsonsRiddle is a glorious beacon of lightSamsonsRiddle is a glorious beacon of lightSamsonsRiddle is a glorious beacon of lightSamsonsRiddle is a glorious beacon of lightSamsonsRiddle is a glorious beacon of lightSamsonsRiddle is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuitari View Post
Thx for quick reply. I m looking for the materials in the recipe like for a week and there is no kelp meal around despite how much harder I try to find. So eventually there will be a need for replacing kelp meal for sure. For lime as much as I understand its not about ph buffering for us to use main reason to provide cal-mg. Actually I made organic grow before but used some bottled ferts from biobizz to supplement what plants need. This time I dont want to spend abnormal prices for the ferts like biobizz cause they are way overpriced where I live.
try researching dry molasses (local horse feed store?) or wood/plant ash. both are recommended by other members on here with a good reputation, but both products require a little studying to find out how to use (or make) properly.
SamsonsRiddle is offline Quote

Old 11-28-2020, 02:22 PM #5820
nuitari

Finally a material I can find easily maybe addin some of compfrey to support micro elements. Thx for answer man. I m gonna check how to use wood ash.
nuitari is offline Quote