Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Vertical / Colosseum Growing > DIY vertical LED top fed, recirculating hydro... thing

Thread Title Search
DIY vertical LED top fed, recirculating hydro... thing Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-26-2020, 08:57 PM #51
hayday

hayday has disabled reputation
here ya go fred. you can hang these flat or vert ala wall of weed.I bought two of these 4 packs...
https://horticulturelightinggroup.co...5abaff34&_ss=r
The driver is like $60.00 buck so for 2 bills you get 280 watts of the good stuff.
Best deal around...

W. P. O. D.
hayday is offline Quote

Old 11-26-2020, 11:34 PM #52
roybart

roybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really nice
Look at the hlg QB 96 might work better for a horizontal grow
roybart is offline Quote

Old 11-27-2020, 01:58 AM #53
OrgAeroMan

OrgAeroMan is a survivorOrgAeroMan is a survivorOrgAeroMan is a survivorOrgAeroMan is a survivorOrgAeroMan is a survivorOrgAeroMan is a survivorOrgAeroMan is a survivorOrgAeroMan is a survivorOrgAeroMan is a survivorOrgAeroMan is a survivorOrgAeroMan is a survivor
What are the dimensions of the room? There are many options for DIY either flat or vert. You can usually get away with 1/3-1/2 less wattage with the same, but usually better, results in terms of yield and quality. I guess the strips would be more versatile, if you wanted to play around with their orientation. QBs are more for flat grows, either below the light or vert wall of green. Either way, once you get them dialed, the results are amazing. They quickly pay for themselves, so you won't be bummed you made the switch. They aren't the power lacking L.E.D.s of yesteryear, but truly high performance lighting that either rivals or surpasses HID capabilities with half the heat and cost.
OrgAeroMan is offline Quote

Old 11-27-2020, 03:13 AM #54
hayday

I'm up at the country house working on my place but here is what I'm going to use for backlighting in the outside corners of two donuts. I have two of these units I recommended to Fred in my house now. They've been awsome for about a year now.
I set this one up for a work light while I work on the new spot.The rig y'all see here is about a$130.00 but its half an order from the link above.

W. P. O. D.
hayday is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-27-2020, 03:31 AM #55
ButterflyEffect

ButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrgAeroMan View Post
I was a diehard hid guy when the tech was older and less efficient/ effective. Then, I saw the results from guys like you and Uncle that blew mind! With the 600w Lumatek (bare bulb vert) I'd max out at maybe .72-.75 gpw, but all plants still looked super healthy. I forget exactly what my yield this year was, but it broke every record I kept. Well over gpw, another: first time I grew a pound in one grow. The nugs are rock solid and frosty. The quality and quantity was flat out better, practically incomparable. So, the 600 has been in the Rubbermaid ever since.

Whether you buy (I'd also suggest HLG, excellent value for the money) or DIY, you won't be dissatisfied with your investment. The DIY route is much simpler than you'd imagine, and super effective as well. It also saves you some coin while you dial them in and get accustomed to using them. Not to mention, there aren't really any commercially available vert compatible fixtures, aside from the Sabers Hayday mentioned.
You're making this super tempting! I can DIY them but I just don't understand enough about it to create a parts list. Many more questions than answers and for me, it's tough as it's a 3 room perpetual setup.
ButterflyEffect is offline Quote

Old 11-27-2020, 03:46 AM #56
ButterflyEffect

ButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayday View Post
I'm up at the country house working on my place but here is what I'm going to use for backlighting in the outside corners of two donuts. I have two of these units I recommended to Fred in my house now. They've been awsome for about a year now.
I set this one up for a work light while I work on the new spot.The rig y'all see here is about a$130.00 but its half an order from the link above.
View Image
I think you just gave me a solution as to how to testbed/integrate these!

Because I'm rocking donuts, there's always minimal lighting on the backside.

Love this place
ButterflyEffect is offline Quote

Old 11-27-2020, 04:33 PM #57
roybart

roybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really nice
All HLG Gear is 20% Off until the 30th for those that don't know
https://horticulturelightinggroup.com
roybart is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-02-2020, 02:00 AM #58
DunHav`nFun

DunHav`nFun has a reputation beyond reputeDunHav`nFun has a reputation beyond reputeDunHav`nFun has a reputation beyond reputeDunHav`nFun has a reputation beyond reputeDunHav`nFun has a reputation beyond reputeDunHav`nFun has a reputation beyond reputeDunHav`nFun has a reputation beyond reputeDunHav`nFun has a reputation beyond reputeDunHav`nFun has a reputation beyond reputeDunHav`nFun has a reputation beyond reputeDunHav`nFun has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Hayday , been contemplating while scratchin head and ass over what to go with , so I did some more homework.....Seems that the more diodes/pcs per fixture that produces X amount of light , the less work each diode hasta perform to produce said light , thus extending equipment life.....so.....

It looks to be those Mars Hydro SP 300 watt strips have 952 diodes in each 1 but the damn things are 400 bucks and I need 2 according to all I read for my lil closet area of 20 sq ft +/-....that said.....The cheapest route is 2-245 watt strips for 500 bucks , and they`re made up of Samsung 301 chips with meanwell drivers but only 1/2 the diodes/chips with no far red chips and not real sure how much difference it makes with or without , so there you go.....the X factors.....anyways.....

Thanks for all the input guys , and I just gotta bite the bullet and do it........Maybe after Christmas.....time will tell.....Take care and......

Peace....DHF...........

Old 12-07-2020, 01:03 PM #59
Coeus

Coeus is just really niceCoeus is just really niceCoeus is just really niceCoeus is just really niceCoeus is just really niceCoeus is just really niceCoeus is just really niceCoeus is just really niceCoeus is just really niceCoeus is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayday View Post
View Image
any further with this bruda
Coeus is offline Quote

Old 12-07-2020, 07:05 PM #60
hayday

Lol, nope, Santas bringing insulation and sheetrock.

W. P. O. D.
hayday is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.