Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > Cheap Nutrient Line for Commercial and Home Grows?

Thread Title Search
Cheap Nutrient Line for Commercial and Home Grows? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-17-2020, 12:33 PM #161
Glaucksbacon

Glaucksbacon has a spectacular aura aboutGlaucksbacon has a spectacular aura aboutGlaucksbacon has a spectacular aura aboutGlaucksbacon has a spectacular aura about
awesome Bill, thanks for sharing
Glaucksbacon is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-26-2020, 12:50 AM #162
indocult

indocult has a spectacular aura aboutindocult has a spectacular aura aboutindocult has a spectacular aura aboutindocult has a spectacular aura aboutindocult has a spectacular aura about
So far really great

So it's been a few weeks since I introduced what you recommended.

I am using .5 up to 1 gram / gallon of metasolate during veg, and ramp it up to 1.5g/ Gallon during stretch/transition. They can probably take more, this is just what I started with.
Veg is looking great, better than before which was healthy, now the leaves are perky as well.

Using .5ml gal of Mr fulvic in veg and 1ml/gal after flip. Veg already looks better so it's hard to tell how it is impacting that, just from looking at the plants.
Flowers are getting frostier (earlier too), greasier, and seem to be more pungent, I'm excited to smoke them!

Using MKP (I've used it before, but different timing) @1g/gallon week 4-6 (start day 21 end day 34/35) flowers are chunkier by far compared to not using it. I added it too late when I used it before and it always gave me crazy castling/foxtails and new flower growth on top of mostly finished buds, so I quit using it.

Anyways, just wanted to update. it's going great and I can already tell I'm gonna be much more pleased with the results than I am with just Jack's/cal nit.

I'll try and post pics I forgot how to do it on here
indocult is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-27-2020, 01:05 AM #163
Glaucksbacon

Glaucksbacon has a spectacular aura aboutGlaucksbacon has a spectacular aura aboutGlaucksbacon has a spectacular aura aboutGlaucksbacon has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by indocult View Post

Using MKP (I've used it before, but different timing) @1g/gallon week 4-6 (start day 21 end day 34/35) flowers are chunkier by far compared to not using it. I added it too late when I used it before and it always gave me crazy castling/foxtails and new flower growth on top of mostly finished buds, so I quit using it.

That may be why I'm getting really exaggerated foxtails this round. I'm not terribly worried about it but the first thing I thought was they were getting too close to my new quantum boards. I run perpetual so I give them .5g mkp regardless of stage in flower.

Old 11-27-2020, 01:13 AM #164
Glaucksbacon

there's a pic of a crazy foxtail on my nearly ready jawa pie, sorry about the rotation

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201124_225356.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	553340

Old 11-27-2020, 03:00 PM #165
BillFarthing
Vote Libertarian.

BillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to all
The tissue sample graph calls for a bloom boost week 4-6 of flower.

Fox tails could be from a few things- heat, too much kelp, or too much 660nm from LED's. Regardless, they look great!

DIY nutrients/biostimulants/IPM
https://opensalts.wikidot.com/
BillFarthing is offline Quote

Old 11-29-2020, 04:57 AM #166
greenspace

greenspace is on a distinguished road
Love this thread, thank you for all the information.

Been stuck on Botanicare for 15 years now, tried Maxibloom a while back but never had much luck with it. I have great results with Botanicare but I know I can see the same results using less expensive items.

Received Mr Fulvic yesterday and will start to order the other items as my Botanicare supply runs out.
greenspace is offline Quote

Old 11-29-2020, 05:09 AM #167
WillWork4Weed

WillWork4Weed is a jewel in the roughWillWork4Weed is a jewel in the roughWillWork4Weed is a jewel in the roughWillWork4Weed is a jewel in the roughWillWork4Weed is a jewel in the roughWillWork4Weed is a jewel in the rough
Bill, thank you so much for this thread (and the link in your sig). Super helpful!
WillWork4Weed is offline Quote

Old 11-29-2020, 06:45 PM #168
ButterflyEffect

ButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really nice
Hey BF Thanks for taking the time to bring this valuable info. I’ve been trying to dial in my feed/additive routine and I started coming across a number of your posts. If I may, I’d like to ask a few quick questions.

I use Fulpower as a twice weekly foliar. Is it completely useless? I ordered a gallon of Dr Fulvic, so that’s on the way. Do you use Mr Fulvic at every feed?

Never used MKP, so I’m looking into where to get it. When I do add it at wks 4-6 is there an adjustment to base nutes?

Is Safers Biomin Ca ok? If so, can I foliar with it at transition?

You mention CalMag. Do I need it with what I'm running, or is it more situational?

Here are the numbers I calculated from Jacks 3/2. Comes in at just under 1.4EC. N-150 P-52 K-216 Ca-146 Mg-71 S-97 The Biomin is 30ppm to bump up the Jacks 116. I see you're running higher Ca from transition on. This is just what I was studying up on at the moment, so your thread has been a godsend. Am I reading that correctly? I want to go from 116 to ~250ppm?

I’m still learning how to do an elemental breakdown and how much the plants need at any given stage. My apologies if you’ve covered this already!
ButterflyEffect is offline Quote

Old 11-29-2020, 07:04 PM #169
eyesdownchronic

eyesdownchronic has much to be proud ofeyesdownchronic has much to be proud ofeyesdownchronic has much to be proud ofeyesdownchronic has much to be proud ofeyesdownchronic has much to be proud ofeyesdownchronic has much to be proud ofeyesdownchronic has much to be proud ofeyesdownchronic has much to be proud ofeyesdownchronic has much to be proud ofeyesdownchronic has much to be proud ofeyesdownchronic has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyEffect View Post
Hey BF Thanks for taking the time to bring this valuable info. I’ve been trying to dial in my feed/additive routine and I started coming across a number of your posts. If I may, I’d like to ask a few quick questions.

I use Fulpower as a twice weekly foliar. Is it completely useless? I ordered a gallon of Dr Fulvic, so that’s on the way. Do you use Mr Fulvic at every feed?

Never used MKP, so I’m looking into where to get it. When I do add it at wks 4-6 is there an adjustment to base nutes?

You mention CalMag. Do I need it with what I'm running, or is it more situational?

Here are the numbers I calculated from Jacks 3/2. Comes in at just under 1.4EC. N-150 P-52 K-216 Ca-146 Mg-71 S-97 The Biomin is 30ppm to bump up the Jacks 116. I see you're running higher Ca from transition on. This is just what I was studying up on at the moment, so your thread has been a godsend. Am I reading that correctly? I want to go from 116 to ~250ppm?

I’m still learning how to do an elemental breakdown and how much the plants need at any given stage. My apologies if you’ve covered this already!

tissue concentrations will always be higher than what your feed is, so I would not aim for those PPM levels. more useful just to be able to follow the trend.

Threads:
-Chronics Headstash Garden
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=374169
-Cindy 99 and Friends
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=377906
-Just a lil bit
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=379006
eyesdownchronic is offline Quote

Old 11-29-2020, 09:11 PM #170
BillFarthing
Vote Libertarian.

BillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to all
Quote:
I use Fulpower as a twice weekly foliar. Is it completely useless? I ordered a gallon of Mr Fulvic, so that’s on the way. Do you use Mr Fulvic at every feed?
Every feed and foliar.

Quote:
Custom Hydro Nutrients. The MKP goes on top of your normal base fertilizer with no adjustment.

Quote:

Biomin Ca is good without bumping up the N too much in flower.

Jack's and Cal Nit are well balanced. You shouldn't need to add more calcium nitrate on top of it like most cal-mag supplements contain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesdownchronic View Post
tissue concentrations will always be higher than what your feed is, so I would not aim for those PPM levels. more useful just to be able to follow the trend.
Exactly. Just follow the recommended feed schedules. The tissue samples are merely a timing guideline.

DIY nutrients/biostimulants/IPM
https://opensalts.wikidot.com/
BillFarthing is offline Quote