What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Plant Shots - Bagseed

G

Hey everyone, I have been lurking around for quite some time admiring all to see and finally decided to sign up, You've got a great site here.

I thought I would share some pix of my garden,This is my first grow. I am currently growing one plant (seed from a bag of mids) under Two 40w warm, Two 40w soft, Two 40w Aquarium & 1 15w blue fluro, all fluros. And for soil I used 70% MG potting soil and 30% Scott's perlite. Also every two weeks I add 1 tbs of Neptunes liquid organic fish & seeweed fertilizer.

This grow started on April 3 and she's been in 12/12 for 3 maybe 4 weeks ( I stupidly forgot to mark the date).

So how does she look? Keep in mind this IS my first grow so any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
G

She is looking nice.. So far I would try and hang the light over her.
get them alot closer make them nugsz a lil more dense. and then add what ever is left to the sides or get more.. But thats just what i would do.. Lets see if anyone else hsa some good ideas for ya.. peace..

Sack's First Outdoor Grow
Our grow has updated 1 flowering plant LQQK!!

sack :friends: :canabis: :joint:

G

looking pretty nice for an unknown bagseed under floro's, hopefully after this run you'll be able to afford some HID lamps, they help a load.... if you have the space and cooling ability to use them.... altough floro's (from what i remember reading) burn hotter per watt than HID lamps... might have to investigate that..... but really... plants looking healthy , only thing i can say is more light mang, more light!

Good luck finishing her out, and be sure to let us know how she ends up! decent trich cover for being 20 days, nothing insane but not half bad , and the seed was the right price i suppose? :)

and welcome to ICmag mang, hopefully we can learn and grow together for a long time ahead.

Look forward to you updates.

TH

G

she looks like a damn nice little xmas tree!! nicely done!!

All I'd suggest is more lights, preferably CFL's, the more lumens the better! Look for a thread by LouGrew, posted yesterday I believe, about floros. HID is nice, but not necessary if ya get more CFL's. More lights=bigger, tighter budz.

here's that thread!!
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=12813

Last edited:

nycnoob

Damn that shit is nice... yeah you are going to have to either get more lights in there or closer to make the buds more dense/tighter... THat shit looks beautiful for a bagseed..arent you lucky to have a lady from that just one seed germing..Yeah I have lurked around for a while in the begininng also.. Welcome to ICMag

remy2584

Wow

Wow

Damn, that's bagseed? What kind of shit you coppin? I wish I had bagseed that germed like that.

"it was... Cold Blooded. I'm Rick James Bitch. Draw Yourself."

kind_budd420

That is some very ncie bag seed you got goin there. Looks like you have a nice healthy plant. Keep it up and welcome to the board buddy!

G

Ok time for HELP!!!!!!!!!

Get 4 to 8 CFL's,compact floro work REAL GOOD FOR TRICHOMES!!!!!
Use 25-30w ans spread out along plant,2 at top 1 inch away maybe 2 inches MAX.
For 40 watters you will burn them maybe and more wattage for nothing?
Tubes are only good for veg growth,and you didi very well new friend hahahaha!!

Replace the tubes with alot of CFL lighting your nugz will love it,so will you hehehe!
You must save this BIG ASS plant it looks like it wiil take time so dont worry..........
That thing got so big ya may need like 12 CFL's for adiquite absorbtion of light?
Heres how to judge how many you need,the lights i use pennitrate 5 to 6 inches
into plant meaning at 1 inch away WITH FAN ON your nugz will grow great as hell
and at 5 inches away from the bulbs the nugz will still be tight thanks to CFL's
but popcorn sized..try an get 2 to 3 branch tips for each bulb and you will do fine!!
Hope that helps and please update! peace Lougrew!

G

Oh yah! looks to be a SPICY columbian boyyyyy!!

ALSO give it more dirt NOW it makes all the love happen better!
TRansplant or add soil under plant root ball....

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
wow awesome bagseed, wish i got shit like that. i have had only bad luck with bagseed. will have to wait til sept/oct to see how my current bagssed will be

good luck man

Bigmone357

Monster B*#$H!

Monster B*#$H!

Real good shyt I love KILLER BAGSEED get a HPS/Hid light in there it'll really BEEF UP!Looking healthy so far :kewlpics: :wave:

G

sackoweed Thank you for the advice, My light is at a bit of a lean over the plant i'll see what I can figure out. BTW nice looking grow you got there.

THCAESAR Yeah some HPS lights are on the top of my list, and yes I paid nothing for the seed, I don't usually buy seeded bud so I just grabbed one from my buddy's bag. Thank you for the kind advice.

stankbud Thanks for the info, And that link helped me learn quite a few things, thanks.

nycnoob Yeah I actually started off with two seeds and one showed some true male pre-flowers at two weeks of veg (lucky for me). and this one showed the female pre's at 3. And lol yes I have had quite a few problems with my cat eating my plant, I just give him the dead leaves now and that seems to be enough for him. The chlorophyll is very healthy for felines.

Lougrew! Very good info, So those little cfls will really do better then all of these 40watts? good to know. Also I am not going to be able to transplant again, out of pots I have already cut three up for this plant, So do I really need to transplant again? Also yes she did get really big on me.

G

Well here is an update, Can anyone give me a rough estimate on when I will be able to harvest?

First off let me show you all what I have been using for ferts, Yes I know I could use some more K but all they have at my local nursery is 2-3-1 and 0-0-1, Could I mix these two too up my K?

Here are some plant shots

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Nice!
Bagseed usually takes longer to finish... I always go by the 50/50 rule... look at the Trichomes using a Loom (or other magnifyin device) and cut em when about half of the crystals are startin to turn Amber from cloudy... everyone has there one personal pref. on when the best time to cut is... this is just what i go by

G

Haschishin
Just checking for uodates.. She looks nice. I must say..
And for a florous grow she reallly stretched and filled quite nicely.. Buds looke pretty tight as well. great work.. She is a good looker..peace..
Thanx for checkin my grow out..

Sack's First Outdoor Grow
updated 1 flowering plant LQQK!!

sack :friends: :canabis: :joint:

G

damn I love that pic of your treee by the fireplace, just put a tree skirt under it and some ornaments and lights, and it'd be xmas!! Do you have a glass (loupe) to check the trichomes with? It's the only way to really judge readiness for harvest.

http://www.ppgift.com/30x_loupes.htm

Last edited:

ehonda187

That is quite the christmas tree Haschishin!! That is definately a quality flouro grow. Can't wait to see the update. :joint: