What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best automatic trimmer....

B

Blunted22

hey guys im looking for the absolute best auto trimmer... im so sick up trimming i can puke i dont give a shit what it cost i just want the best.... Looked at the trimpro seems good but not suer... i dont want anything thats gonna eat up the tree but hand trimming is jsut pointless....

any suggestoin would be sweet...

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
wafflehouselove is referring to the "Rolling thunder". 15k is a lot for trimming, I hope you're making money with it.

De La Luz

Bonsai Hero

Bonsai Hero

The bonsai hero from Green harvest in BC is hand made and works great without cutting too deep into the flowers. Costs about $600 a pair or so. Worth every penny...
www.greenharvest.ca

its nice, the automatik feature does ruin your buds but those are small nugs that's what i use for all my nugs, then i take off the automatik feature to use the grill and trim my lollipops which doesn't harm my bud at all.

hempity

The Tumbleweed

The Tumbleweed

The Tumbleweed
http://www.tumbleweed.bz/index.php
I have been a grower for over forty years and I have waited for each new innovation to come along with great anticipation, after halide/sodium lighting and nutrients there have been few.
For anyone who has spent long days and longer nights manicuring their well grown beauties, and have said to themselves with red eyes, sticky hands and groggy brains "there just has to be a better way", relief may well be in sight.

I am counted among good manicurist and can do, depending on strain, a pound in 3 to 5 hours.

The tumbleweed, even in inexperenced hands can do between 5 to 7 pounds an hour (maybe more), depending on how many times the herb is run through the machine, in other words how well manicured you want it, with little loss of resin off fresh green herb.

What an innovation! what used to take 15 sticky people weeks to accomplish now takes 3 to 4 sticky people days to do.
Shade leaves are pulled and buds are striped from stalks then put straight into the hopper of the quiet machine, bud rolls through a central tube where knives remove the leaf where it is chopped up and blown into a large cloth bag at the other end, and the bud rolls out the end of the tube.
I have tried other types of trimmers from big red to the Centurion(real noisy) and the tumbleweed is by far the best, to be fair I have not tried the rolling thunder, but it has no brush to clean the tumbler, as the tumbleweed does, so I imagine it gums up quite a bit. At 11,000 dollars wholesale (canadian) it is only for those folks who have larger than average crops to tend.
btw. It does the small buds so nice!

hemp that thing cost 11k? danm i thought it was going to be cheaper i was looking for something like the rolling thunder because they probably don't damage my buds as much as the trimpro. ok thanx for the input.

De La Luz

skunke said:
How do those bosai triimers hold up, are they worth it.?

I swear by mine !! I understand that greenharvest doesnt have them any more...the guy who builds them says he's stopped or stopping, not sure. If you dont have one, now is the time.
grow in peace

clowntown

Veteran
Imagine the "scissor hash" you could scrape off of the blades on that inline fan hooked up to the TumbleWeed / Rolling Thunder / etc.

Grunt

Hempity, I've been at it for 35yrs. and my 2 cents says if u have lots and lots and lots to trim and you plan on doin it for years, $11000 is a cheap trade off for carpal tunnel. If you get carpal tunnel then you cant do shit for the pain. It's all those repedative moves associated with trimming by hand.

Last edited:

Kenny Lingus

Anyone that use the vacum cleaner adaptable ardwark? (Only thing I've seen locally...)

Seem to be fine for people with arthritis and other challenges in trimming... (Also make it easy to collect trimmings in a separator bucket)

Fast_Pine

Aardvark is a shitty machine. Dont buy one..

If yer doing 10-20 Lbs get a trimpro or two..If you are doing 20+ get a rolling thunder, centurion, tumbleweed, or reel pro..They are all 15K plus..And they all are pretty much the same thing, Aside from what hempity said they are all extreemly loud, and all of them have cleaner brushes..

I use "the Reel pro",,,Its from a canadian company. It has the longest barell of the large machines. It works like a champ!...I couldnt be working on the level I am without her.

Koskesh

I have a Trimbox and I love it... I used to do 4 plants per hour now I do 20. The tops need to be touched up by hand if you want them real clean, or you can adjust the blade closer but may snip some foxtails on certain strains.

badmf

Waaaazzzzzuuupppp to Grunt and Hempity!! "bout time some "Ole Skoolers" came out , lol. I still have hand trims but I'm in no hurry and love the company. All ladies for the ladies iykwim!!! :rasta: This is in a neutral location which always changes, btw. No cellies and no early departures. But if you don't have these resources go with a great machine it will pay for itself in the long run. I will opt for one eventually as I move to a newer locale.