What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to Properly Cure your Buds - Dry and Jar Method

Lucky 7

Tomatoesonly: Dude, I've been searching for that thing for years. I thought Ronco was the company selling it, and that they gave up on it. That thing is so badass..

Yeah, the Pump N Seal thing is a great tool for the $$. Never leave home without one! :>)

But for long term storage, nothing works as well (for me) as the freezer; also gotta find some of Shrike's Sterilite containers . . . .

Hollaachu

yes yes yes

yes yes yes

Sharp_Pain said:
I leave mine in jars indefinately.......When I'm ready for a certain strain, I break open a jar and take a good amount out and save in a smaller bud container.

The longest mine have stayed in a jar has benn 6 months. I must admit the smoke does improve alot curing for a few months

yes it is worth the wait to dry slowly and cure for a couple of months....The overall quality of the bud increases, right along with the potency.... :headbange :rasta:

What commercial grower has the time to let their product sit around for weeks on end, just so they can have the 1 in 50 buyers say, "wow, smooth weed maaaaaan."
90% of the people buying the shit get it to get high, period. I know people that would trade 1oz. of good weed for 3oz of shit mexican... because they have one reason for smoking.. TO GET HIGH. They don't give 2 shits if it has some sort of candy undertone mixed with pine and grapefruit. Does it get them high? That's all they care about.

:fsu:
Maybe wherever your from this is the standard. But I refuse to smoke that Mexican shit, ever hear of Swine Flu??

I only smoke the finest cheeba. I am a connoisseur of sorts, like those wine tasters...
I can't understand why someone would give up dank chron, for dirt? Dirt gives me headaches. I will try anything in another country but, nothing with seeds here in the ol US

What commercial grower has the time to let their product sit around for weeks on end.

most of them around here.and its not weeks on end .three to four weeks drying/curing with controlled temps[80-85f] will produce connoisseur grade buds.but of course the farmers i know grow connoisseur grade verities ,if your growing swagg you will harvest swagg and have swagg costumers. i know this thread is years old but it needs to be moved up the list.or sticky ed?

moondog1ne

Curing

Curing

Hey there growers! should I dry my plants until the stem snaps, and then stick them into the jars? or should there be at least some moisture left in the stems before I start curing?

ButteredIt

dry till buds are crisp to the touch but the stems still bend, stick into paper bags, wait till you get snapping stems and then put into jars.

and in my opinion if you aren't sure, it's always a better bet to overdry than underdry. overdrying can be fixed easily with a fresh leave or an apple slice. but underdrying can leave you with jars full of moldy weed. i'd take the crispy shit over the moldy shit any day.

Latest posts

Latest posts