What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Calling the Big Boys Out Of Hiding!! - Trimmer Machine

G

Unless you are doing sog, it will NOT do 20#/day without atleast 4 people. You can't feed enough weed into the machine to keep it running and actually trimming. There is a process in which it must go through to be centurion ready. You don't just cut down and throw in and boom... magic.

Lugen

Ya see most trimmers STILL need a pre-trim of fan leaves.

But if you can get two guys trimming fan leaves, piling the buds in a box, then when the box fills, have one guy toss it through the machine, keeping the other guy on fan leaves, you might be able to get through 10-15lbs in 8hrs, you'd have to be hustling though.

If you can get 4 guys, 3 on the fan leaves, and one tossing shit through the machine I bet if you push it, no breaks, you could do 20lbs in a day....

Octagoner

Centurion

Centurion

Chodo you sound like you have some experience with thing.

Anybody know the quality of the trim?

Have to imagine shit gets pretty beat up in that jet engine looking thing.

Respect

skinny

A few answers for thunder

A few answers for thunder

yes, I am newly registered and involved with thunder. I can answer some questions if anyone wants but I don't want to butt in because I am involved with thunder so I am a little biased. If you want me to answer... ask away or give us a call at 604-288-1446.

If anyone wants to see the videos on the site, you can with the code BC989. And yes, as with any web server there are logs so I know there are a bunch of people coming over from this forum. If you have any questions also feel free to phone any of the hydro stores that sell it as well.

Skinny
www.rollingthundermachine.com

G

Actually the weed doesn't get beat up at all, its a really nice design. You just have to pluck all fan leaves off that have any kind of stem poking out of the buds, then once you have done that, you throw it through, the problem is you still need lots of people to do this process or the machine just runs empty quite a bit. It literally takes atleast 4 people diligently working to keep the machine filled with product. One person ontop of that has to feed it. So you technically need 5 people I guess in an ideal situation for anything but a sog grow. I never used it on sog so I have no idea, and no one I know does that has used the machine.

Lugen

60+lbs/week with 3 dudes that's good!!

What are some good easy trimming commerical strains? Maybe I should start a new thread about that....

Legit_User

Is it me or does that thing look like a whole house fan with two equally balanced pieces of flat bar welded to the fan blades?
Get a Weber BBQ grill and you could make one yourself?????
Stay peaceful

Last edited:

BowlPacks

Legit_User said:
Is it me or does that thing look like a whole house fan with two equally balanced pieces of flat bar welded to the fan blades?
Get a Weber BBQ grill and you could make one yourself?????
Stay peaceful

This is a WEED TRIMMER. We're not pinching pennies here...

Lugen

If you make it yourself, it's going to bust the bud to shit, you will have to get the gap inbetween the blade and the grill correct....

I think the knock off wouldnt be as good.....

C

Chamba

it might be a good idea to check out the bud with a magnifying glass before and after "machine trimming" to inspect what happens to the trichomes....how many are squashed and smudged?

but then again 99% of cash croppers don't give a shit..they spray everything and anything on their crops (insectides, fungacides, miticides, excess chemical ferts etc) the buds are mauled & squashed during cutting, drying, trimming then squashed in plastic bags lol ( and maybe the buds are kiffed and then sprayed with water to add weight?)

everytime I read something about cash croppers...I thank Shiva I grow my own...I'm fussy about what I inhale...it's got to the stage when someone offers me a jay I ask them 7 questions before I smoke it! lol.. life is too short to smoke cash crop crap

Lugen

Glad to know I'm in the 1%'er....

organic, sprayed with nothing, always know strains and let custy's know strain.

I've seen some GARBAGE cash crops....

C

Chamba

the best trichomes are on the exterior of the bud...everytime a bud is laid down, touched or even thrown into a machine and bounced around trichomes are lost.. .ideally the best way to manicure is to never let the bud touch anything from the time it is cut from the tree to the time it is bottled for curing

Last edited:
G

I say trim fresh and you will reduce the amount of resin lost. Then if you was to trim when completely dry. I agree with you NY General, but I also agree that if you trim it by hand. Your also going to reduce the amount again to as how much is lost, but this thread was for a solution to trim alot of weight. Alot of good info from everyone. I would still like to see one of these large units being used in person. Think of all the bubble trim in that vaccum bag. BOY, is that some bubble.
Take care,
BG

C

Chamba

with speed, efficiency and quality in mind, I find the best way is to remove the fans and other larger non resiny leaves as the plant is harvested, i call this a harvest trim, hang to dry and when the buds are turgid (half dry, half wet) manicure off the leaves and re-hang until it is a day before snap dry, bottle them and check each day.

I find that dipping the scissors in water as you manicure helps keep the resin build on the blades down to a minimum...so does using fine bladed scissors as opposed to bif thick ones..I cringe when I see giant scissors being used..people brag about getting "scissor hash" at harvest, I see it as only poor manicuring damaging resin on buds

but in all honesty (and getting off my HIGH horse), having said all that....if I was in it for the cash I'd probably be looking at a way to improve the efficiency of trimming...just so I could get rid of all that bud asap...but I would be very hesitant about inviting 3 or 4 "trimmers" to my grow.....and as you know what they say..only two people can keep a secret, providing one of them is dead!

Last edited: