What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Very quick, quick dry method

BonsaiBud

I've smoked through my 2 first flower runs using microwave drying. My cabinet grow op is small, but growing. I begin nibbling once the first buds appear. Yeah, I know that every time I snip a baby bud it reduces my final harvest exponentially. But good weed is $60 per 1/8th Oz around here IF you can get it. I spend all my money on my grow op so that I will soon have a continuous supply. I figure that I net more bud if it spends time on the plant growing rather than slow drying.

My method:
Snip off just enough for one good bowl.
Stems will spark and burn...remove any and all stem.
Cut it up small if it is a big dense bud.
I use Pyrex flan dishes. I have 8, but 2 are usually plenty. Any 2 clear pyrex dishes will work.
For the first 14 seccond blast I just spread it out. When the microwave stops, you should see little pools of moisture under the bud.
Dump all the bud into the second dish (which should be cool or room temp).
Zap it again for another 14 seconds with the bud spread out.
Now, as to power level: most every? microwve runs either on at full power or off. The different temp settings just affect the duty cycle while it is "cooking". So, I just use high setting.
Once condensation begins to become scarce, I ball the weed up into a moist ball in anohter cool Pyrex dish.
This prevents over-heating. As long as there is moisture, the weed will not get so hot that you vape the THC.
Repeat: transfer to cool dish, zap for 14 seconds, then inspect for moisture under the clump of weed.
Once there is very little moisture, you can, if you are patient (just let the weed ball sit in the warm dish and "cure" for about 3 minutes while you hunt down your lighter and get your pipe ready.
But if you are in a hurry to get high, then repeat the zapping process until no moisture is visible on the Pyrex dish. It really helps to use a cool (room temp) dish for each blast. Once no more moisture can be driven out, you are ready! Pop it in your bowl and spark it up.
It takes me only 5 to 7 minuts from when I unlock my growbox to when I spark my bowl.

Someday I will get a real harvest. For that I have a nice metal rack 6 inches over the warm air exhaust from my growbox. I'll just put the big buds in a thick brown paper grocery bag and lay it up there. It is just like a food dehydrator. Of course, I'll move the bags to somewhere cooler after a day or two for a slower dry then canning jars for a proper cure. Did I mention I have breathable "lids" for my canning jars? It pays to have multiple hobbies:) Finnaly, I'll put on the metal lids and stash them away in a dark drawer and "burp" them every couple days.

Youareborg

I tried this method out last night just on about a grams worth right off the plant, worked quite well. I wasn't expecting much, but it got me high and was smooth to boot!

I just tried this method for my first sampling from my first ever grow.

I was sketpical but I feel a bit high!

Kudos!!!! I was so excited to sample my first ever homegrown.

I just tried it. Took me like 8 times through the wave rather than 3-5 but it still worked well enough for me to roll a blunt that stayed lit throughout its entire length. Awesome head high, mellow body high.

Stinky

B

Bigtimer7

badass- took me 2 times in the micro... worked well smoke is good deff better than nukin it in the micro!

Nice post man

Cannabis

Veteran
I've done this too, with similar method. I used a paper towel to wipe the plate dry between shots, and it really does work; it's surprising how little harshness there is, I noticed that, too.
G1

T

TheOneWill

What about a vaporizer? Set it REALLY low and just dry the bud like that. Would that work?

zolar

i do 10 minutes inm a toaster oven set at 150 deg in a manila envelope with the flap open or warm up the big oven and turn it offf after 10 min and wait aboutan hour....drying fast in the envelope seems to keep more ofg the final taste smell you'dd get from slow dry than dryinfg loose

soostoned

I have tried all of the mentioned methods so far (microwave, toaster, big oven, sitting out on hot surface) and so far I dig the hair dryer method which is just like the hot gun mentioned earlier. I throw it in a little cardboard box on a table, lay the hair dryer down on low fan and medium heat and 20-45 minutes later dry and tasty! Seems to do the best job with least loss of taste.

fieldgrower

the best method..if you have 2-3 hours...take fresh bud..place on a piece of tin foil, hover a desklight with a 70 watt bulb above it 2-3 inches...turn every 30 minutes or so...almost all of the taste remains as you are not cooking it, but it does dry, no potentcy is lost really, the buds look like they were dried proper they just burn a little funny at the very end but who cares, dry till they feal dry enough to spark a bowl. i shit you not, this is THE best method i have come accross, and i yoused to be a ferm beileve of the steam dry method, no green taste at all with this method.

C

CrystalsCrystal

hair dryers were made to quick dry bud, not hair. using steam - microwave sucks compared to using a low steady heat source dry like an oven, lamp or hair dryer... shit maybe I should try stove-top steam dry

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
soostoned said:
I have tried all of the mentioned methods so far (microwave, toaster, big oven, sitting out on hot surface) and so far I dig the hair dryer method which is just like the hot gun mentioned earlier. I throw it in a little cardboard box on a table, lay the hair dryer down on low fan and medium heat and 20-45 minutes later dry and tasty! Seems to do the best job with least loss of taste.

Just started this. Did the microwave method, pretty high now but tasted like shit (bong)..see if this will taste better.

cheecha07

CrystalsCrystal said:
hair dryers were made to quick dry bud, not hair. using steam - microwave sucks compared to using a low steady heat source dry like an oven, lamp or hair dryer... shit maybe I should try stove-top steam dry

I tried the steam dry method and was impressed with everything but taste as I couldn't really taste anything, but I'm gonna try the hair dryer and see how it helps preserve the taste.

StayHigh149

I use the hair dryer also when in need but it is very easy to overdry, so be careful or u'll have dust after grinding it.

AB1337

Hmm. Interesting.

I usually just grab some popcorn buds, chop them a couple times, lightly wrap them in a paper towel and microwave in three or so 5-10 second bursts.

You could - potentially - go from branch to bowl in under 5 minutes.

Latest posts

Latest posts