What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mr. Micro's Dual PC Case, Hydro, HPS/CFL, 3 Strain Grow (with pics!)

thescissors

Mr_Micro said:
It has been many years since I last smoked and it used to be no problem for me, but I sampled all 4 varieties that I grew and every single one gave me an anxiety attack and made me feel really sick. My taste buds thought every single puff was mindblowingly delicious, but it seems that the rest of my body just don't like the herb as much as it used to.

I am going to suggest as something to try next time around, just wait an extra week or two before you harvest, just to let the plants get more relaxing/couchy. I find that taking them at the peak of 50/50 ripeness, at least on the hybrids i have on hand (various phenos of bog's lifesaver, among them the jack's cleaner), makes them a bit racy when done. I currently have a MONSTER of the jack's cleaner pheno in week seven, and im going to let it go a long time until most of the trichs are amber, just to try to catch a more relaxing high if you know what i mean. how long did you let those anxiety-attacking buds go? last time this JC pheno went 70 days, but that was in the cold of winter (got into the 50s with lights off). this time i am flowering under 13 hours of darkness and watching temps more closely to try to finish as fast as possible even sacrificing some yield (with only 11 hours of light). however i am going to judge finishing time strictly by the trichs, and only chop at about 80-90% amber!! YEAH RELAXSTONE!! :)

Last edited:

I2KanGrow

Hey Mr.Micro:

Yeah, same thing happened to me, also. I've got close to 3 oz of weed that I'm not sure I'll be able to consume - but I'm not quitting without a fight!

An observation - I've discovered that I was using WAAAY too much of my homegrown weed. Back in my stoner-college days, I used to pack a full bowl, and take it to ash - now it's just a dab.

I'm going to follow the great advice of folks like thescissors, above - and really wait for the trichs to amber. My grow went for 52 days grow - 90 days flower... seemed like forever, but I think I should have let them go even longer; trichs weren't going amber, and so I have paranoid-inducing weed now.

But - WOW, does it have a kick!!!!! Scary - but kind-of fun - :confused: - go figure!

I'm wondering if the stuff will "mellow out" while curing in it's mason jars... anybody????

Mr_Micro

Thanks for the advice Thescissors!

I let them all go for 64 to 75 days until about 50% of the trichs were amber, but they all still felt pretty racey and gave me panic attacks when I smoked em. So next time around I'll wait until almost everything (like 80% to 90%) are amber before harvest. I think it will also help that the next time around I'll be growing Sensi Seeds's Northern Lights, which should be very heavy indica and quite relaxing.

I remember waaay back when in my younger days I used to get some locally grown Northern Lights that had the greatest pine taste and would literally lay me back in my chair for hours with just a few hits. It was a serious brain bender and one of my long time favorites... the only downside is that it always made me fall alseep or become extremely tired when I started coming down. LOL

And I2KanGrow, sorry to hear about your harvest of panic inducing bud too! Unfortunately I don't think it's gonna mellow out much from the curing... I might be wrong, but from what my friends have told me my stuff hasn't mellowed out at all even after 5 months of curing and it's still just as potent (if not more so) than after a few weeks of curing.

It's a darn shame, but maybe I should look for a pretty low potency indica strain for my next grow. Something thats a really mellow lightweight indica that won't wreck my brain in 1 hit... Big Bud or some Ruderalis hybrid maybe?

tngreen

Veteran
was wonderin what the hell happened to ya micro! good to see ya back and what an excellent harvest! very inspiring coming out of such a small space. wish i was your friend! givin that stuff away is insane! great lookin buds and lookin forward to your next grow! be sure to stop by my Indikilla grow!

lol man you should of kept it.. its called tolerance.. you said you didnt smoke for years and then you went from nothing, straight to homegrown.ha i bet it was to much for ya..yea that happens to me when i smoke after a long break.. i dont really enjoy the first high as much.. because its too strong and overwhelming (anxiety etc)..then once my tolerance builds up a bit i love it..good yields though..

sy9942

Mr_Micro said:
Thanks for the advice Thescissors!

I let them all go for 64 to 75 days until about 50% of the trichs were amber, but they all still felt pretty racey and gave me panic attacks when I smoked em. So next time around I'll wait until almost everything (like 80% to 90%) are amber before harvest. I think it will also help that the next time around I'll be growing Sensi Seeds's Northern Lights, which should be very heavy indica and quite relaxing.

I hate to say it, but I'm pretty sure that it's all in your head; it's psychosomatic. I've had the same thing happen to me, I would load up a bowl and smoke it to ash every time I sat down to smoke. I was enjoying the herb daily and going through probably 1/4 to 1/2 an ounce each week. Then, one night, anxiety attack. Then again a few weeks later. And then again, a few months after that. I had to remember back to what I was reading about before this all transpired, and I remembered that I was reading about the health effects of smoking MJ and I stumbled upon the uncorroborated notion that smoking marijuana increases the risk of heart attack by 4.8 times. I haven't found any mention of this in scientific literature however, so I've come to the conclusion that the information is invalid (but 4.8 sounds like such a scientific number, doesn't it?). At the time though, I was concerned about my health and a close family member had just had heart surgery and was having some health problems, so it all added up to stress about my health. I've found that the only times I get the anxiety attacks are when I'm actually anxious about something to begin with; if I'm out with friends and I'm suitably distracted, the high is glorious and definitely worth it. So you might want to sit down and analyze your life and see if there's anything that's bugging you that you can distract yourself from by going out with some friends. Also, don't expect to jump right back into things again, your tolerance is low and you'll only need 2-3 hits to really feel it; no need to try and take down an entire bowl in one inhale. :D

That's true whenever i smoke great grass, and think about excersize i get a horrible migraine feeling so relax your mind and toke positively. And awesome grow and can't wait to post a chair for your next grow.

mmm420socal

Ay Mr. Micro...looks like you got a bit of competition brewing out there:

Click HERE for PC Case Turn Key System

pcplants.jpg

pcback.jpg

Honestly Mr.Micro, I think your setup is a lot cleaner and better thought out :joint:

LMAO the website says "Using the SEA OF GREEN method you can grow TWO plants!"...lmao...thats quite the "sea"

Keep up the good work Micro, I love what you're doing.

M3

P.S. "Theirs" is $600 ready-to-grow, I bet yours could be done for 1/2 that...

mmm420socal

I2KanGrow said:
But - WOW, does it have a kick!!!!! Scary - but kind-of fun - :confused: - go figure!

I'm wondering if the stuff will "mellow out" while curing in it's mason jars... anybody????

Try taking your pot and baking it in the oven at 140-150* for 20-30 minutes or so...then see if its as "racy" and "paranoia-inducing" as before.... Decarboxylation and oxidation can be your friend sometimes...

M

J

JackKerouac

mmm420socal said:
Try taking your pot and baking it in the oven at 140-150* for 20-30 minutes or so...then see if its as "racy" and "paranoia-inducing" as before.... Decarboxylation and oxidation can be your friend sometimes...

M

As well as ruining the potency and cure. No thanks.

I would rather allow it to reach it's full potential by letting it ripen a bit more rather than ruining it after the fact.

G

unless im mistaken i believe thc actually starts to break down at around 200 degrees F becuase when oven drying bud 190 is the limit so in theory you would only be speeding up the dry time, possibly altering the chemical integrity and ruining the cure as JK stated

big fan of yours mr micro!

big fan of yours mr micro!

just wanted to stop in and say that i've seen all of your pc case grows and they all have seemed to amaze me..i dont know if you come around much anymore but i do have a question that im dyin to ask you as your answer will put me on my way to finishing my growspeakers and gettin on with the grow..i am very interested in knowing how you constructed that light trap for your intakes on your nanomachine..i was going to purchase a midget darkroom louver but i see you sad they restrict airflow quite a bit and i dont have room in my box for 90 degree pvc elbows or any other kind of design i've seen around on the internet but yours would fit my application perfectly!!! so i would love to hear back from you my good bro

frozty

Awesome job! Your stuff always inspires my grow cab designs.

If its not too much to ask mind giving me the specs on the fans you use? I've been struggling with getting pc fans to go through a carbon filter.

How did you get these fans to cool off a hps in a pc tower? I can barely cool of my cfls with a 120mm fan.
13342PC_Case_A_The_Hydroponic_Chronic.JPG

Alanbrown88

Thanks Flutch!

That multi funtion air purifier won't remove the odor completely (unless your using a really low odor strain) but it will work well for quick removal of the smell in the room after you've been working in your cases for a while or if your carbon filter isn't completely filtering the smell. Its no substitute for a good carbon filter, but it's always good to have a backup plan. I also keep a small ONA block around for emergency situations. The safety and stealth of your grow is without a doubt the most important part... because if you get caught or your grow gets discovered than all your planning, hard work, and expense were for naught.

Anyway, heres a link to that mini Ionizer/Ozone Generator/Electrostatic Cleaner dealie -------> https://www.heavenfresh.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21/products_id/61

For $22 it's proven to have been worth it's weight in gold twice already when guests stopped by shortly after I had been working in my PC cases. If you buy one though, make sure to ask for them to include a 12volt DC adapater for it so you can plug it into your wall. Otherwise they'll just ship it with a cigarette lighter adapter for use in a car.

Sir Mr. Micro! Awesome work!
Please tell me which ionizer working at pc ?
This link is old .
Regards.
:tiphat: