What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sog newbie

sc1

Hi I working on a sog using 6x6x8”
square. So 4 pots per square foot. I am attempting to fill my 4x8 space. It is more difficult than I thought. So far I have about 36 in red cups and 8 that have made it to square pots. The ones in the square pots are clones that have grown to about 8”. I am sort of clueless as to what will happen to them when I place them into flower (I’ll place into the room by 12”). Does anyone have experience with 6” square. My goal is 12 zips a mo. But I don’t want to risk it if they ain’t gonna flower right. I know I can still get those red cups to 3 gallon pots if I need to. The strains are ten kush and cr+2.0. I really can’t afford to ruin a grow at this time but I had so many plants this time around I didn’t want to just trash them. Any advice?

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
What size of light are you running? I run a semi sog flood and drain 3x3 in rockwools under a 1k myself. With soil your going to want at least 1 gallon per month of growth.. I usually flower my soil plants in nothing smaller than a 2 gallon... I prefer 5 gallon smartpots for mothers...