What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Making badders

gumby420

Well now with the shatter hype dying down I've started converting to making a lot of our products into sauce. But for the people that don't want shatter and don't wanna spend 30-40g on sauce, they want 25g badders. Everytime I try to make badder it ends up crumbling up. I've been taking a purged slab, throwing it in some pyrex on a griddle and whipping at about 105*, I've gotten a play doh consistency a few times but not exactly what I'm looking for.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why waste your time vs educating your students/customers.

Let ‘em know that it’s all exactly the same stuff.

I mean... show them...
Whip it up then let em watch it melt right back down.

Your wasting your energy, imo, whipping that shit up.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Customers don't want to be educated. They want something new and exciting. That's why McDonalds comes out with new meals of the same crap. And, why there are 2000 brands of tobacco cigarettes. Longer, shorter, menthol, thinner, fatter.... all the same crap.

Press your shatter into little shapes and sell them based on the shape. Or, put them in a super cool dispenser and sell it based on the dispenser.

Ever here of a McDonalds Happy Meal. or, a free prize inside a box of cereal? When I was a kid, I bought whichever cereal had the coolest toy, regardless of the cereal. In fact, I still do. You think kids care what the fuck kind of food is in that Happy Meal. They want the bling. It sux, but it is human.

I believe it's called MARKETING. LOL

I was once told I could sell shit wrapped in a blue ribbon for twice what I could sell shit for wrapped in a red ribbon. It was because I convinced the customer that shit wrapped in a blue ribbon was WAYYYYYYYY better than shit wrapped in a red ribbon. Well, of course, everyone knows that. LOL

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
People are also tired of getting fake promises from salesmen selling garbage as part of the package.

Ions71

Same exact issue here. We've been making perfectly clear, faceted diamond sauce for months, but nobody wants to pay $80-100g, so, we make badder.

Give us some more details about your process. What kind of raw input, what kind of extractor, etc and maybe I can point you in the right direction.

gumby420

Why waste your time vs educating your students/customers.

Let ‘em know that it’s all exactly the same stuff.

I mean... show them...
Whip it up then let em watch it melt right back down.

Your wasting your energy, imo, whipping that shit up.

unfortunately that would be impossible, Id have to be at dispensaries all day long just educating people. and even at events when I can talk to a person one on one they still don't care.

gumby420

Customers don't want to be educated. They want something new and exciting. That's why McDonalds comes out with new meals of the same crap. And, why there are 2000 brands of tobacco cigarettes. Longer, shorter, menthol, thinner, fatter.... all the same crap.

Press your shatter into little shapes and sell them based on the shape. Or, put them in a super cool dispenser and sell it based on the dispenser.

Ever here of a McDonalds Happy Meal. or, a free prize inside a box of cereal? When I was a kid, I bought whichever cereal had the coolest toy, regardless of the cereal. In fact, I still do. You think kids care what the fuck kind of food is in that Happy Meal. They want the bling. It sux, but it is human.

I believe it's called MARKETING. LOL

I was once told I could sell shit wrapped in a blue ribbon for twice what I could sell shit for wrapped in a red ribbon. It was because I convinced the customer that shit wrapped in a blue ribbon was WAYYYYYYYY better than shit wrapped in a red ribbon. Well, of course, everyone knows that. LOL

honestly we have probably the best packaging for shatter in the market. thats why our shatter has lasted so long when most shatter has been phased out.

gumby420

Same exact issue here. We've been making perfectly clear, faceted diamond sauce for months, but nobody wants to pay $80-100g, so, we make badder.

Give us some more details about your process. What kind of raw input, what kind of extractor, etc and maybe I can point you in the right direction.

running a terp mk4 style. dual recovery, jacketed spool, jacketed shatter platter. xtractordepot solvent tank, I run a blend 60% n butane, 20% isobutane and 20% propane, injection temps are around -40. I pour out for shatter, purge it as shatter for 2 days then break off like 20-40g and throw it in a pyrex dish at 100-105 and whip. I've gotten a play doh consistency a few times that I would be cool with but I can't get it consistently. I really don't want to whip, when I do want to make honeycomb/crumble/sugar I just leave it at like -27hg at 100 in the vac oven so I don't have to whip. my shoulders are both fucked so it hurts to whip after a few minutes. I was thinking of just making some sugar, and whipping that up to see what it turns into. maybe like a sugar badder or something? could be cool or not at all.

gumby420

so I've gotten badder down. but now they're not "wet" enough. I've made some bomb looking and smelling badders but they're too dry like crumble almost. I keep hearing people say to just place it in-between parchment paper and just open and close it a billon times until its badders up for more of the wet style badder. haha you have any idea what I'm talking about?

h.h.

Veteran
I'm taking it that bladder is whipped up shatter.I take it shatter is the stuff that flies everywhere when you break it. I can see why they want badder.
Easier to deal with.
I no longer buy Happy Meals.
Few folks are impressed by containers the second time around.