What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to weigh bud without scale?

R

Reinhold

Well the topic says it all I have some bud I wanted to weigh but dont have any scale and cant really get ahold of one, and I was curious as to how much bud I have so I can make butter. Anyone have any tricks or anything they use to weigh bud or something similar?

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
how to weigh bud without a scale?
experience.

butter just take a handfull of buds, chop em up, i use a good handful of frosty popcorn buds per stick of butter.

good luck!

G

magic 3 said:
postal scale.....orr..a quarter(25 cents) weighs quarter ounce

A nickel should weigh 5.00 grams; a US paper currency note should weigh very close to 1.00 gram.

ChaoticEntity

nickels, a nickle weighs 5g's so take a peice of cardboard(2inx 20in long), and a pencil, mark the cardboard directly in the center and balance it on the pencil right at the middle. load one side with enough nickels to achive desired weight and add buds till it balances.

enjoy :)

Eazyman

WOW! Right-on! a cardboard tripple-beam! (kinda) haha! Yeah experience is gonna be your best way to go without confirmation. Are ya weighing fresh grown, cured seedless danky Beauties, ir compressed schwagg?

When i had to buy i always said; "It's not that i don't trust you, it's just confirmation"!
Peace!

slyfoxberg

just look on e-bay for a place to buy a cheap digi. i got a free grinder with mine. liked them so much i bought a 5 pak of scales from them super cheap and traded them off to my dealers for weed. not only did i get free weed, but now all my bags weigh right on. good luck.

hgl

slyfoxberg said:
just look on e-bay for a place to buy a cheap digi. i got a free grinder with mine. liked them so much i bought a 5 pak of scales from them super cheap and traded them off to my dealers for weed. not only did i get free weed, but now all my bags weigh right on. good luck.
heres the link of ebay for you! I keep this in my bookmarks so I'll give it to every one who wants it without searching to much :p

http://jewelry.listings.ebay.com/To...sacatZ34088QQsaveZSaveQQsocmdZListingItemList

cya! :wave:

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
potentrodent said:
A nickel should weigh 5.00 grams; a US paper currency note should weigh very close to 1.00 gram.

PR is on the right track, quarters can be off depending on when they were struck. Nickels on the other hand rarely stray from 5.00 grams on the nose. US paper currency rarely strays from its weight but they tend to avg 0.94-0.97 grams, accurate enough to be dealer grams I suppose.

Next trick? The scale:

1. Take a coat hanger and cut the bottom off keeping the two sides and the top hook.

2. Bend the top hook straight so you can use that as the zeroing level point meaning straight up is even. You can tape some paper to the table and measure a 90 degree angle as your zero even point.

3. Bend the two side points so they can form a hook of sorts you can poke identical baggies on each side to hold contents to weigh and your known counterweights.

4. Take a ruler and tape a toothpick onto one end of it in the middle of the ruler [ and toothpick ] for support. The small size of the toothpick will fit into the spot on the hanger right underneath the hook and allow the hanger to swing freely. Tape the whole ensemble to the kitchen table to stabilize it.

5. Test your new ghetto scale for accuracy by using identical baggies on each side and tossing a few nickels into each side and making sure your scale zeroes out to even by putting the straightend hook straight up. If it doesnt you can take some masking tape and wrap it on the end thats off to adjust it.

Not perfect by any means but Im willing to bet its at least 97% accurate with nickels and bills.

kurlyq2g

muscldancr said:
If you have a BIC pen, the cap will weigh 1 gram and the rest of the pen is approx 3.5 grams

man that has got to be some kind of conspiracy or somthing.. the same people that make the lighter that all the pot smokers in CA use have pens that weigh that of the most commonly bought bags....

oh yeah and btw my big (almost dead now without the thumb guard) weighs about 14.2 G.... so there you go haha

G

i can usually get within a gram by just eyeing...takes a lot of experiance though ;)

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
kurlyq2g said:
man that has got to be some kind of conspiracy or somthing.. the same people that make the lighter that all the pot smokers in CA use have pens that weigh that of the most commonly bought bags....

oh yeah and btw my big (almost dead now without the thumb guard) weighs about 14.2 G.... so there you go haha
Why do you think goodsense baggies weigh exactly a gram? Everybody's in on it. :smile:

kurlyq2g

wait, hold on, i need to weigh this letter from the state of california...

ahha! i knew it! exactly 28.1 grams... just under the limit of how much weed you can have on you without geting busted for a felony...

if the state is in on this... then the feds?

THE PRESIDENT??
how high does this go up in the chain of command, im so scared
:jawdrop: :Bolt:

oh wait none of this makes any sense :pointlaug

Kq2g

Last edited:

southpaw

Eazyman said:
WOW! Right-on! a cardboard tripple-beam! (kinda) haha!

My thoughts exactly. Thanks for this idea, I've got a harvest coming up and am way too broke (and paranoid) to go ebaying for a triple-beam. But fuck if I dont have some cardboard, nickels, and a hanger lying around! :chin:

I love you guys. I'm off to go McGuyver myself a scale...