What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who's all been breeding their own autos?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Should I create and inbred line of sour diesel x ak47 auto? How hard is that?

An F1 hybrid (or filial 1 hybrid) is the first filial generation of offspring of distinctly different parental types.[1] F1 hybrids are used in genetics, and in selective breeding, where it may appear as F1 crossbreed. The term is sometimes written with a subscript, as F1 hybrid.[2][3] Subsequent generations are called F2, F3, etc. [wikipedia]

sd x ak47

sd/ak 47 X sd/ak47.

angelgoob

ok thanks so I'm looking for variation of chemotype. basically pheno, but chemo meaning chemical make up.

the f2 from what I understand has the variation a lot. ok.

So that's actually good, because I'm selecting for high and trichome maturity.

weedtoker

Veteran
If crossed with non auto, you would have another thing to do in the first gens as stated above, removing photoperiod dependent phenos/plants that show up, otherwise, if it was auto X auto you're good to go...

cheers

Koondense

Veteran
P1 af X P2 af = F1 af
easy as that.

If the parents you use come from good selection then you can expect a rather nice outcome. There can be variations in F1 because usually available autoflowers are not breeding material and are not too inbred, usually F1s themselves.
Maybe get both lines and inbreed them to F4-5 and make selections based on chemotype, only thencross both parent lines and expect a somehow uniform af progeny.

Cheers

angelgoob

thanks I didn't want to learn and wanted quick tips to fast track the first part of it.

I will learn though too.

I'd be backcrossing? I'll keep the 1st gen to do this. Or breed two separate lines with strong traits then breed?

What about keeping some back x's?

born2sin

I bought a large number of autos and some were regular, so have been crossing them back and forth. I have now a F1, photo auto cross, on my way to kushberry auto ..say is there no PM here ? skunk24.dot com........is down and i wanted to let the vendor know. Anyone a member of Seedshare?

Sign

Autos should be pretty easy at least as far as the auto trait goes. Bumping up thc might be more difficult but if you keep growing during a long light cycle and breeding successful autos back to potent photos you should move in the right direction.

Then stop introducing the new photo crosses and start selecting the potent plants that go auto reliably and it's just a matter of time and repeat grows until you have something stable enough to rely on.

angelgoob

sign that's what I was going to do.

I also found out purple plants ARE FASTER! under white light...

it's all that green they're absorbing ftw.

born2sin yea I wanna sell them but most likely just give them away and have people say wow.

DjKinetics

Iv been messing around for a few grows now with my own....wouldnt excatly call it breeding more like pollen chucking
This is what im calling Brazilian Diesel Auto >> Diesel Auto (GOG) x KC45 (KC BRAINS)
and before someone jumps in and says KC45 is not a true auto, iv grown it several times now including indoors under 18 hours...and yes it is a auto.
picture.php

angelgoob

I was actually wondering that dj!

cool shit. some are their strains are bomb. never tried people have mixed experience. maybe they got knockoffs or only certain strains are good. I can belive only certain strains because if the breeder's a different person than me, I can only assume they are creating stuff for them, not me. LOL

on a side note anybody believe in ghosts/illuminati?

Superauto

I stick to autos only in the first place
And as we know autoflower male x autoflower female = autoflower seeds, then we know we will never get anything but autos

DjKinetics

KC has been in the game too long to be selling knock off imho . But i will say that i grew out his Brazil KC photoperiod,it was unstable differing phenos,mutant even over a decade of grows never had a hermie till that Brazil KC run.
I was actually wondering that dj!

cool shit. some are their strains are bomb. never tried people have mixed experience. maybe they got knockoffs or only certain strains are good. I can belive only certain strains because if the breeder's a different person than me, I can only assume they are creating stuff for them, not me. LOL

on a side note anybody believe in ghosts/illuminati?