Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Greenhouses > Backyard Greenhouse 2017

Thread Title Search
Backyard Greenhouse 2017 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-17-2017, 04:06 PM #1
stinky

stinky is a jewel in the roughstinky is a jewel in the roughstinky is a jewel in the roughstinky is a jewel in the roughstinky is a jewel in the roughstinky is a jewel in the rough
Backyard Greenhouse 2017

So hey there this is my second greenhouse grow this year. I got a spring harvest off.... timed it just a little bit off as they were still flowering in May...

Last year when I grew in this greenhouse the plants got so big I had to crawl around on the floor... not good for one with back and spine issues.

So I made some wooden beds and kind of dug down into the ground for my walkways. Now I am able to work with the plants very easily!

Pretty much the only reason I grow in a greenhouse is because of those dam with moths and the cats they bring.... I just cant see spending all that time growing a plant outside only to have it destroyed by bugs....

I had Zero and I mean Zero problems with any cats lats year or this year. I did have one plant in the greenhouse get some spider mites but SM90 quickly took care of that issue. I don't ever spray anything on the plant once it goes into flower... [url='https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=68339&pict ureid=1782947']

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....29#post8058629
stinky is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-17-2017, 04:23 PM #2
Noonin NorCal

Noonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of light
very nice stinky what are you running in there?
Noonin NorCal is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-17-2017, 04:23 PM #3
stinky

stinky is a jewel in the roughstinky is a jewel in the roughstinky is a jewel in the roughstinky is a jewel in the roughstinky is a jewel in the roughstinky is a jewel in the rough
I did increase the air flow into the greenhouse this year. I have one square box fan for inlet fresh air and one for exhaust outlet air. I also have a small blower fan on exhaust, and I have two other fans blowing air over the tops of the canopy...

I had both of the square fans blowing air out of the greenhouse at first but I had a slight condensation issue inside the greenhouse poly in the early am....

I did two things and I am really not sure witch one helped or if they both did. I turned one of the box fans inward so now we have outside air temp coming in. I also took some of the mesh screening I have on the sides of the greenhouse and I put a one foot by three foot section on the ridge of the greenhouse.

So my thinking was there is condensation because the temperature difference between the outside air and greenhouse air... so bringing in the outside temp and venting the top a little did the trick. I have zero moisture up there now....

So..... slowly I am getting to where I want to be... a controlled environment outside with free sunlight.

I have another 30 days I think to go for the plants in the greenhouse... somewhere around there....

I also have 20 clones from these strains in 3 gallon root pouches... they should be nice and big for round three next month.... I have these in wagons and bring them in the garage each night for their extra daylight hours... then back outside in the backyard they go...until next month they get put in the greenhouse...

I am hoping for a third harvest this year but we will see what happens. It doesn't get very cold here in socal but I have a old smoker that I thought might work well if I do in fact have to heat the greenhouse... don't think I will have to though...

And.... sorry about the crappy pictures they were taken with a disposable crap phone.... with a haze.... haha.

stinky is offline Quote

Old 09-17-2017, 04:37 PM #4
stinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonin NorCal View Post
very nice stinky what are you running in there?
Hey there Noonin NorCal...

I have...

Two phenos of Dank Sinatra. One is kind of branchy and produces lots of tight flowers... the other is a very INDICA looking plant with really thick branches like trees. Very stoney medicine...

Then I have three different phenos of Snow Lotus x Gogi BX2 that were freebies I got from Bodhi...

Two of the phenos are purple and produce some of the best medicine I have had to date.... I am 51...

Now I cant smell AT ALL... It makes growing cannabis kind of hard. I mean I have to get the wife and kid to come out and rum them down and explain the smell to me....haha

Anyways those two purple phenos they say smell like gas or something... They turn their nose up and are kind of like THATS really smelly!

So those two purple and then their is a green pheno of that strain...all very very good medicine.

Then I have a Dream Beaver that is just freeking outstanding. I need to get a better camera as the buds on the plant are some of the biggest I have ever grown. Very very sticky and covered in trichs..

Then we have some Black Destroyer? Black Domina x AK47 I think.... these produce a bunch of tops that are just loaded with sticky resin... very good hash producer....

Oh..... and we had a volunteer this summer that just popped up. I think it is apothecary chem 91....

And.... I have a Deadhead OG also... forgot about that one....

stinky is offline Quote

Old 09-17-2017, 04:41 PM #5
stinky

The Black Destroyer and the deadhead OG were some of the last fem seeds I owned. I would like to be able to make my own seeds so ditched the fem seeds and just get regs now...

I have to say the Bohdi strains are some of the best medicine I have had to date... I am pretty impressed and if anybody has any favorites from this breeder please chime in...

stinky is offline Quote

Old 09-17-2017, 05:30 PM #6
stinky

stinky is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-17-2017, 05:31 PM #7
stinky

stinky is offline Quote

Old 09-17-2017, 05:32 PM #8
stinky

stinky is offline Quote

Old 09-17-2017, 05:33 PM #9
stinky

stinky is offline Quote

Old 09-17-2017, 05:39 PM #10
stinky

I think this was right around the middle of June maybe..... going to get my shit together one of these days and start taking notes! haha.

These are revegging from the spring run....

stinky is offline Quote