What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

El Tigre's LED/ZEN tent

El Tigre

At day 42 i decided that was time to flip 12/12

picture.php

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice nice nice, I'm pulling a chair, almost too late !
All the best for the run !
CC

El Tigre

Nice nice nice, I'm pulling a chair, almost too late !
All the best for the run !
CC

Hey Chevy cHaze happy to see you here, i liked a lot your 65 w led grow at that time!
Don't worry didn't missed anything so crucial, in fact...

I reveal a secret, now I'm at 15 days into flower but I was lazy to edit pics. So you can partecipate at the LIVE & DIRECT show LOL

El Tigre

Since i revealed the secret, i decided to open photoshop and edit the pics...
FLOWERING TIME!!!
Things started well, very well compared to my previous runs.
Just a little Calcium deficiency, stopped with some foliar Ca Mag application.

Here at 8 days 12/12

picture.php

El Tigre

And finally pics i made today, so for now my thread is syncronized to reality. I don't guarantee that will be forever :laughing:

Now, at 15 days 12/12

picture.php

ODF

Yeah, I bet you are happy that the micro-crew encouraged you and that you did start growing! You sure grew some fine looking buds. I'm along for the ride. Looking forward to see those girls get fat. Keep it up!

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Buenas El Tigre!
Looking at your set up diagram, it seems you're pushing air through the carbon filter?
Nothing wrong about that, I did it too, but do yourself a favor ( just in case you haven't done that already) and take the pre-filter fleece off the filter and put it over your air intake. There's more dust and tiny particles in the air of a even a micro grow than you would imagine and this way your filter will last much, much longer.
Again, if you did this already scratch my post... and happy growing to you !
Oh and hey, have you ever thought of using blumats for watering ? Works great in these small set ups with the only drawback that you won't have anything to do anymore if you use these hahaha.
CC

El Tigre

Yeah, I bet you are happy that the micro-crew encouraged you and that you did start growing! You sure grew some fine looking buds. I'm along for the ride. Looking forward to see those girls get fat. Keep it up!

ODF, you can say loud and clear that I'm happy!
Respect due to all growers out there that share their experiences.
I hope to get that buds that you say, maybe someone likes and starts himself the wonderful journey to the self production :)
Thx for passing here, see you soon!

El Tigre

Buenas El Tigre!
Looking at your set up diagram, it seems you're pushing air through the carbon filter?
Nothing wrong about that, I did it too, but do yourself a favor ( just in case you haven't done that already) and take the pre-filter fleece off the filter and put it over your air intake. There's more dust and tiny particles in the air of a even a micro grow than you would imagine and this way your filter will last much, much longer.
Again, if you did this already scratch my post... and happy growing to you !
Oh and hey, have you ever thought of using blumats for watering ? Works great in these small set ups with the only drawback that you won't have anything to do anymore if you use these hahaha.
CC

ABOUT FILTER
Good point Chevy cHaze! I have an used collant of my lovely wife as intake filter at the moment...but maybe something like the material of the filter's fence would work better and let less dust enter the cab. Maybe I'll give a try.
How long last a filter to you?
My filter worked permanently (air flow 24/7) for 3 runs. At the end of last run I had minimal odor issues, but the whiteberry plants were smelly. I think i'll buy a new one, just in case.

BLUMATS
I thought of using blumat, i think it's a cool low tech solution for automate setups without pumps, timers, arduino etc.
I don't do for now just for the drawback that you have mentioned... then how can i justify the time passed looking at the plants :watchplant: LOL

Apart from the blumats I'm thinking of building a little veg box, for making my runs faster of 15-20 days. Maybe in autumn, now starts summer and i can start my next seedlings outdoor or at the windows if I want.

El Tigre

3 weeks 12/12

3 weeks 12/12

Time to update!
This run is going very smooth... I'm pretty happy and seems the plants too.
I've just watered with low levels of nutrients (grow 0.5 ml/l - bloom 1 ml/l), cut some little branch below the canopy that couldn't never reach the light and did a slightly defoliation (in my opinion canopy was a little too dense).
Plants at 28 days 12/12:

picture.php

El Tigre

Time to update!
This run is going very smooth... I'm pretty happy and seems the plants too.
I've just watered with low levels of nutrients (grow 0.5 ml/l - bloom 1 ml/l), cut some little branch below the canopy that couldn't never reach the light and did a slightly defoliation (in my opinion canopy was a little too dense).
Plants at 28 days 12/12:

View Image

Ops! I've made a typo error and I can't edit posts... actually plants into the picture are at 22 days from switch! sorry :biggrin:

Real nice clean little setup!

About to start useing LED's myself. Got a good deal on a bunch of 9watt how far from the plant tops should i be keeping these bulbs?

Love to see more dry bud pics post some upclose shots of some of those LED flowers...

Happy gardening!

Stonehedge out!:tiphat:

El Tigre

LIGHT BURN ISSUE

LIGHT BURN ISSUE

Real nice clean little setup!

About to start useing LED's myself. Got a good deal on a bunch of 9watt how far from the plant tops should i be keeping these bulbs?

Love to see more dry bud pics post some upclose shots of some of those LED flowers...

Happy gardening!

Stonehedge out!:tiphat:

Hey Stonehedge, thanks for passing here.
Since you've asked, I want to tell some personal considerations (related to my small experience) about right distance of these Screw in LEDs from the plants.
Important rule: For growing, LED lamps work differently than CFL lamps.

During my first run I kept the lights very very close ,just like you can do with CFL lights.
Result was that upper growing tips and leaves start to get lighter and lighter.
Then serious light burn!!! Lower part of the plants was healthy and green...

LIGHT BURN EFFECT

picture.php

After this experience, I’ve read more about leds and I understood I was making a big mistake!
Now, with my 8 x 13 w leds (45 w /sq.ft in my tent), I feel comfortable following these general recommendations that I found in this forum (sorry can’t remember where…)

Lower Powered LEDs
Seedling: 15-20 inches| 38.1 - 50.8cm
Vegetation: 15 inches| 38.1cm
Pre-flower: 10-12 inches| 25.4 - 30.48cm
Flowering: 8-10 inches| 20.32 - 25.4cm

Since you will run 9W take also a look to this post:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7893361&postcount=1309

Terpene made very interesting measurations, hope this can help you.