What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Industrial Hemp in Oregon

herbgreen

Veteran
I also ran across these that are part the 'digital cup' drop on SHN :biggrin:

Seattle Chronic Seeds – Cherry Wine Spectrum CBD

Cherry Wine Hemp (28:1) x Cherry Spectrum (20:1)

Flower Cycle: 56-65 days

12 Regular Seeds Per Pack

Berry Mix/Cherries, Blackberries, Blueberries and Fermented fruit/wine
Beautiful Hemp flowers
Anthocyanin Rich/colorations
Does well in wet and damp environments and is PM resistant
Does well untopped and with multi toppings
CBD Rich: 13-18 CBD
NIL to Legal Limits
CBG and CBN, CBC levels

https://www.seedsherenow.com/shop/strains/high-cbd/seattle-chronic-seeds-cherry-wine-spectrum-cbd/

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Metals of concern historically applied by farmers is limited to lead arsenate and other forms of arsenic. This was a spot practice and only cotton gets arsenic today. If land is full of lead and/or arsenic, no one is buying it for the same price as similar but uncontaminated land. Who would buy contaminated land, regardless of the source of the contamination?

I have not heard of arsenic being used on cotton but they spray everything else on it, so why not?

Personally I will wait a few cycles for flower locally.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
So there are websites with all kind of CBD products that can be shipped out. Can packs of CBD rich good organic flower also be shipped legally, along with a cert? If yes, where do they advertise?

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
So there are websites with all kind of CBD products that can be shipped out. Can packs of CBD rich good organic flower also be shipped legally, along with a cert? If yes, where do they advertise?

Good if you like the flavor of rope cured in shit.:biggrin:

I saw 8 strains of boutique hemp grown this season and there was nothing that had appetizing smell to it, the sour space candy smells really great fresh on the plant but it didn't carry over into the dried flower well.

They all had overwhelming ditchweed/schwagg terp profiles in the dried flower IMO. They look pretty good like real weed when growing though. I gave samples to a guy with MS that likes CBD But he didn't get excited by the smell either, waiting to see how he likes the effects.

Amazon is a good place to look but it's all over the internet if you know how to use the Google.

$19 1/2 oz of Suver Haze Hemp flowers. https://www.amazon.com/Pungent-Greens-Hemp-Flower-Green/dp/B07W1Y9KJ4/

I can't imagine people in the US smoking this high CBD hemp a second time, perhaps as a cigarette replacement.

I heard about $700 kilos of CBD isolate this week, prices are cratering before anyone has moved much of this years harvest.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
I have not heard of arsenic being used on cotton but they spray everything else on it, so why not?

I wish socioecologist the best of luck and sort of apologise for bringing all this up in the first place. Obviously, this isn't the thread for this - I'm just curious how profits are being made and what the future of commercial growing looks like. It should be clear by now, if not 20 years ago, that many people involved in the cannabiz are totally OK with exposing people to toxic chemicals for profit if allowed to do so. Of course, not you or you or you, but everyone else.

All this probably has nothing to do with hemp in Oregon, sorry. Except maybe for former grass seed farms.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK231016
https://www.epa.gov/ingredients-use...sodium-methanearsonate-msma-organic-arsenical
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00566290M

You may have heard about rice containing toxic levels of arsenic - only because Consumer Reports did testing and released results. EPA banned arsenic for residential use not long before that - most anything at the store for crabgrass and nutsedge used it, because it works. EPA sees no problem with spraying tons of MSMA over square miles of cotton, because of course that would never migrate to water and rice, unlike spot residential use.

If moldy pot is just fine for distillate, perhaps that's because there's no testing for exactly what 'other' is or what it does. Surely no one is infecting downwind competitors with mites, and everyone in the business is a god-fearing steward of the land or groovy blunt-smoking anti-chemical dreadlocked earth-loving money-hating Bob Marley's head-shirted hippie.

CinCity

!

!

I wish socioecologist the best of luck and sort of apologise for bringing all this up in the first place. Obviously, this isn't the thread for this - I'm just curious how profits are being made and what the future of commercial growing looks like. It should be clear by now, if not 20 years ago, that many people involved in the cannabiz are totally OK with exposing people to toxic chemicals for profit if allowed to do so. Of course, not you or you or you, but everyone else.

All this probably has nothing to do with hemp in Oregon, sorry. Except maybe for former grass seed farms.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK231016
https://www.epa.gov/ingredients-use...sodium-methanearsonate-msma-organic-arsenical
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00566290M

You may have heard about rice containing toxic levels of arsenic - only because Consumer Reports did testing and released results. EPA banned arsenic for residential use not long before that - most anything at the store for crabgrass and nutsedge used it, because it works. EPA sees no problem with spraying tons of MSMA over square miles of cotton, because of course that would never migrate to water and rice, unlike spot residential use.

If moldy pot is just fine for distillate, perhaps that's because there's no testing for exactly what 'other' is or what it does. Surely no one is infecting downwind competitors with mites, and everyone in the business is a god-fearing steward of the land or groovy blunt-smoking anti-chemical dreadlocked earth-loving money-hating Bob Marley's head-shirted hippie.

i think this is absolutely the thread to bring this up! we all need to educate and influence each other--same as it's ever been in weed world but now it's on such a huge scale and across so many new sectors. we have always been and very much need to remain a group who enforces ourselves.

the expansion into hemp is putting vast swaths of land into production--without farmers necessarily knowing what's in the soil or water. add distillation to the game and oh boy do our responsibilities increase!

so what do you think the primary sources of these toxins are? and what are some solutions?

thank goodness agricultural research on other crops and non-hemp farm management is so abundant!

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
That Target-6 will kill crabgrass in the dead heat of summer on Bermudagrass? $100/jug? I'm in.

I go through a jug or more of 2-4d a year killing weeds. Cotton now is either 2-4D or Dicambia after it comes up, although they still add Gyphosate for good measure.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
one final anecdote for now: on instagram there is a post where a woman is said to cut one thousand and two hundred clones in a day of work

is the Woman receiving $25 x 1200 = $30,000 compensation for her day's work? If that's the retail price, how much is the clone making cultivator's portion of the proceeds from their work? If she earned $300 in salary AFTER taxes, that means the nursery chain is

charging one hundred times markup or 10,000% inflation on a single cutting

[here i'll give an example of intellectual property: i "own" the "patent" on this "clone" so "i" "receive" a paycheck or "cut" from each of the clones this Woman takes while i am not even present during the time they work, in other words the Woman is paying me each time she makes a cutting because i own the rights what ever that is supposed to mean]

we can have a drawn out philosophical or legal debate whether or not such a thing is to be considered fair and for whom

however, at this moment in time, the snapshot in history shows events as they are

meaning it is unlikely the woman in the photograph received $30,000 for her day's work while we know for certain the retail price of the cuttings on the shelf

G.O. Joe

Veteran
so what do you think the primary sources of these toxins are? and what are some solutions?

thank goodness agricultural research on other crops and non-hemp farm management is so abundant!

Hemp issues may not be that well known and I'm not sure there is a lot of testing. I've heard about heavy metals in Chinese CBD but I wonder who if anyone did this testing, or how contaminants got there - from the roots, windblown dirt, coal ash? Unfortunately pot is not like crops other than tobacco because they can all be washed and aren't smoked.

Presumably the black market is very big and even before cutting the distillate it's contaminated with all kinds of things for fungus and mites and such. Even large legal grows I think the harvest might end up in black market carts.

There is some question as to what bad storage conditions might do - it would depend on the organisms growing on the pot and the limitations of any testing that might be performed. There are various mycotoxins and el-Sohly's lab in Mississippi is famous for bad practices and finding weird cannabinoids that no one knows what they do.

The solution is what I've always said - in the whole legalize it game, no one on stage ever talked about Alaska in the 70's-80's, because that was totally noncommercial, so the only people that would benefit are pot smokers - allow people to grow a few plants at home for personal use without silly restriction fuckery and screw the whole commercial program.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I do not grow anything out there but turf grass. 2-4D isn't much good for a body either, but I do what I have to do. I am surrounded by rowcrop grain and cotton farms and my place seems to be a weed sanctuary. :biggrin:

As for the OR hemp, that $7/gr concentrate sounds pretty good to me.

Dude nearby showed me a half of his hemp. Smelled OK, the PRJ smelled great (probably trim), but he wants $200/8 oz. I may do it just to get some to experiment with. That stuff on EBAY is twice as much and I can't see it or smell it.

What OR hemp companies are listed on stock exchanges? It would be cool to track what the market thinks.

Latest posts

Latest posts