What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Great Indoors, Outside.

what are your thoughts on centered vs spaced apart? i kinda like centered, where they are touching each other better then spacing them and letting them grow into each other.

whats the difference in % earned vs indoor? is it like 2lbs vs 1lb ?

The spacing is based on the fact that both sides of each plant will grow into the light in the middle. The outsides where the light does not reach will be covered by the sun. Ive never not had a canopy fill in. No matter how quickly I flip, it always fills out.

I hope to double my indoor yields by utilizing the sun. We will see how it goes, its obviously dependent on how much winter sun we get this year..

ChopperDodger

humidity

humidity

Essential,
Great looking setup, top notch.

Doing a 60x30 here, and wondering how or if you deal with High Humidity issues? Not sure if a heat tube "burns out" humidity like a barrel stove or dehu.

Look forward to following progress.

picture.php

Controlling RH is a bit more complex than just your heat source. Understanding that cold air no matter the RH outside is still going to lower your RH inside the GH. Simply put cold air holds less moisture than warm air. So inside my GH with 80F there is more moisture in the air than that of outdoor at 50F, even when its raining. Ill see if I can find the full explanation of dew points and controlling GH, RH with nothing other than exhaust fans...

EG

Essential,
Great looking setup, top notch.

Doing a 60x30 here, and wondering how or if you deal with High Humidity issues? Not sure if a heat tube "burns out" humidity like a barrel stove or dehu.

Look forward to following progress.

Blue Spectrum

Blue Spectrum

Blue winter sun.. Been a cloudy week with lots of much needed rain.. The sun poked out for a bit today so I took the tarp off for a while..

picture.php

No I dont alternate lights, I try and maximize them by using sunlight assist, weather permitting.

My Link4 controller(when hooked up) will turn lights off and on depending on available Umols in the greenhouse. IE when its cloudy the controller will kick on the lights, if its blazing sunlight then they wont come on...

Honestly,... Im a bit worried... the plants have taken off at an unexpected rate.. Growth so fast and filling in, Im going to run out of space, trellis game on point or not, its about to get hairy... pics coming..

Allen Wrench, GG4, Thin Mint, Pie face, Boss Hogg, Candyland, Jew Gold aka( kosher Kush), Lake Show, Razberry Kush, Chernobyl(slymer), Afgoo, powerplant x UKcheese, Sugar Black Rose, Grapefruit gift, Herbie's CBD, Cobra Kai,
querkle, 9lb hammer, Purple Pine Berry, wedding cake... lol there are others I just cant remember them all....

Latest posts

Latest posts