What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Tangwena

Veteran
I don't like the high from edibles. It's very different from smoking it. I see no upside/downside to leaving them in. I prefer to remove seeds before smoking
Whatever gets you off is good in my book ha ha.
I have never had any edible that compares to the high of chewing the cobbed bud they all lack something from being processed.
I made coco butter from the same cobbed Panama and the butter was mild and mellow while the cob was a crazy potent tripping high. I threw the butter out straight away a waste of cob making it.

T.H. Seed

If your smoking the cobbed bud the seeds fall out easily when you mull it up.
For chewing its something I'm still getting used to but def not a negative in my experience.
I have lots of seeded cobs from my last seed run the high is a little different due to the different oils and resin coverage but still good.
Have you noticed a particular type of change in the high from seeded vs unseeded? Or is it a less constant variable?
I'd love to hear your thoughts on what the different oils from the seeds do for you

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Whatever gets you off is good in my book ha ha.
I have never had any edible that compares to the high of chewing the cobbed bud they all lack something from being processed.
I made coco butter from the same cobbed Panama and the butter was mild and mellow while the cob was a crazy potent tripping high. I threw the butter out straight away a waste of cob making it.
Our age has a major impact on tolerance. I could use as much weed in any form 50 years ago. As I got older I didn't need to use as much to get there. Edibles caused a lot of stomach issues for me after my leukemia diagnosis many years ago.

Tangwena

Veteran
Our age has a major impact on tolerance. I could use as much weed in any form 50 years ago. As I got older I didn't need to use as much to get there. Edibles caused a lot of stomach issues for me after my leukemia diagnosis many years ago.
Yeah its the only good thing about getting old, that and the fact that you can be as tripped out as hell and people just think your senile ha ha.

windmills

Have you noticed a particular type of change in the high from seeded vs unseeded? Or is it a less constant variable?
I'd love to hear your thoughts on what the different oils from the seeds do for you
In my experience one a female plant becomes seeded, the buzz becomes more restrained and sleepy. Obliged

Tangwena

Veteran
The only way I can answer that is that all the cobs I bought in Malawi years ago had some seeds in them and the grass was hell potent.
I dont think the seeds themselves do anything for the high but the changes made to the plant as it produces them do.
Just my thoughts I'm no academic I have nothing against lightly seeded buds, heavily seeded on the other hand I dont like.
Your own personal high is so variable, yesterday I had some Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian cob and spent the whole day blissed out and energized.
I had the most perfect day of my life so much so I said out loud "Thank you God" I'm not religious at all but I felt I had to thank someone ha ha.

T.H. Seed

The only way I can answer that is that all the cobs I bought in Malawi years ago had some seeds in them and the grass was hell potent.
I dont think the seeds themselves do anything for the high but the changes made to the plant as it produces them do.
Just my thoughts I'm no academic I have nothing against lightly seeded buds, heavily seeded on the other hand I dont like.
Your own personal high is so variable, yesterday I had some Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian cob and spent the whole day blissed out and energized.
I had the most perfect day of my life so much so I said out loud "Thank you God" I'm not religious at all but I felt I had to thank someone ha ha.
Totally makes sense that the change comes from the plant actually producing the seeds, as opposed to sinsemilla, and not just the presence of seeds in a cob.

Every time I learn something new about cannabis it makes me appreciate just how unique of a "drug" or combination of drugs these plants really are.

Peace y'all

ilovegrowing

hey people,

just wanted to share a photo of a cob i made about 16 month ago. it is a honduras x panama picked at around 100 days of flower, 24 hour sweat, if i remember correctly. it was my first one and it went a bit dark, but with time it got a bit brighter.

as i used to be a tobacco smoker (im really glad im not anymore) the piece of cob reminds me very much of tobacco. the smell and the look is very similar. there are basically no "weed" terpenes.

i will come back to tell you about the effect, im currently taking a break of consumption. last time i tried a cob of another variety (hon x pan) zactribute 3 month old, it was a nearly a bit too strong. i just ate too much probably. about 4 - 6 hours with absolutly no need of vaping or consuming more :)

i will have to try a bit, to find a good dose. im curious, how the effect will be after my break. its now 3 months. what kind of dosage would you suggest for a medium, not totally blissed out high? :) 0,1- 0,25 gram? thx very much
DIMG_20230420_231224.jpg

Tangwena

Veteran
hey people,

just wanted to share a photo of a cob i made about 16 month ago. it is a honduras x panama picked at around 100 days of flower, 24 hour sweat, if i remember correctly. it was my first one and it went a bit dark, but with time it got a bit brighter.

as i used to be a tobacco smoker (im really glad im not anymore) the piece of cob reminds me very much of tobacco. the smell and the look is very similar. there are basically no "weed" terpenes.

i will come back to tell you about the effect, im currently taking a break of consumption. last time i tried a cob of another variety (hon x pan) zactribute 3 month old, it was a nearly a bit too strong. i just ate too much probably. about 4 - 6 hours with absolutly no need of vaping or consuming more :)

i will have to try a bit, to find a good dose. im curious, how the effect will be after my break. its now 3 months. what kind of dosage would you suggest for a medium, not totally blissed out high? :) 0,1- 0,25 gram? thx very much View attachment 18834335
I love your approach my friend 0.25g of that lovely looking cure would be a good start.
3 months no smoking should give you a nice buzz it may feel strong but just let yourself go with it.
Explore the new view it gives you of nature and the world and how beautiful it is to be above all the shit thats going on.
Once you get used to the effects you will I am sure be able to use less and notice the effects and find a way to use the new approach to getting high.

ost

Totally makes sense that the change comes from the plant actually producing the seeds, as opposed to sinsemilla, and not just the presence of seeds in a cob.

Every time I learn something new about cannabis it makes me appreciate just how unique of a "drug" or combination of drugs these plants really are.

Peace y'all
been known for several thousand years ,and still our governit,can't see that far back nor forward that doesn't involve taxes and regulations!:(

ost

i was all bummed out some time back, a gal i know came by with boomers . got a small hand full , that was the best high i had been on in a while,then the the doc's office called no more chemo no cancer cells in my blood dead or alive, best buzz i've had in 35 years, plus a clean bill of health(after a near 2 and a half year fight. i saw the heavens, then my keyboard bent, kick back and have fun on the ride!yes thank you god, comes to the surface at times in life!

ilovegrowing

here some other impressions of my curing cob collection. the first one is a thai x panama about 4 month old, no sweat. when i opened the bag the terps on this one were soooo good, surely changed a bit from the original flower bouqet and still related, but sweeter, more full and rounded. you could smell the life in there, like in good cheese, very positively, addicting, it's true, i couldnt stop smelling :) probably good for aroma therapy
the two pics are the same cob, different lightning (the shadow looks a bit like an apple, funny coincidence:))
DIMG_20230503_101954.jpg

DIMG_20230503_102032.jpg

when the cobs where cured/dried enough i decided to put them in the jar. its easier to access.
this is the collection ive been talking above. the purple one is an erdpurt/pck, 16 month old, 24 hour sweat. it was also pretty dark in the beginning but somehow the colours got really bright with time again.
DIMG_20230503_102015.jpg

DIMG_20230503_102022.jpg

thanks so much for this community and this technique! :) have a good time!

Tangwena

Veteran
here some other impressions of my curing cob collection. the first one is a thai x panama about 4 month old, no sweat. when i opened the bag the terps on this one were soooo good, surely changed a bit from the original flower bouqet and still related, but sweeter, more full and rounded. you could smell the life in there, like in good cheese, very positively, addicting, it's true, i couldnt stop smelling :) probably good for aroma therapy
the two pics are the same cob, different lightning (the shadow looks a bit like an apple, funny coincidence:))
View attachment 18837070
View attachment 18837071
when the cobs where cured/dried enough i decided to put them in the jar. its easier to access.
this is the collection ive been talking above. the purple one is an erdpurt/pck, 16 month old, 24 hour sweat. it was also pretty dark in the beginning but somehow the colours got really bright with time again.
View attachment 18837072
View attachment 18837073
Nice pics my friend beautiful colors and you mentioned the aroma.
When you get it right you cant miss the smell. I have carried pieces of such cobs around all day just to sniff that aroma.
Love to get a taste of whats in that jar.
Nice job brother.

ost

View attachment 18837070
View attachment 18837071
View attachment 18837072
View attachment 18837073
enjoy!

CDNINCA

View attachment 18837070
View attachment 18837071
View attachment 18837072
View attachment 18837073
I love the colors in those, and the deep magenta and orange... amazing! I can only imagine how wonderful that collection smells! Cheers!

ost

I love the colors in those, and the deep magenta and orange... amazing! I can only imagine how wonderful that collection smells! Cheers!
keep up the good work ,man cobs seem to be a regular thing ,have to plan for 4th july and the rest of holidays ,plus dayly use factors in!I know mine need to about 1;2 to 3/4 oz cured!so far only cobbed smaller cobs being personal and all.plus cured out u have more punch and more weight condensed down , cool factor for me , this will get closer to legal in my state.no smoke cannabis soooo eat it ,drink it,make oil with it for brownies! Plus my secondary doc seems to be getting softer on cannabis,(as long as you don't smoke) this may all come together, yet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts