What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Testing: Dutch Passion super autoflowers

chak-ra

Veteran
Very good resin production I must say. In ALL the auto Extremes.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Green81

Veteran
Love these auto reports, I'm getting prepared for next years outdoors in the uk.

Peace

G81

chak-ra

Veteran
Harvest of one of the auto Extremes:

Plant with only main cola. Side branches were already cut off

picture.php

picture.php

Bottom: roots roots roots baby. The main root (pen root) was only 20cm long. After that (when it hit the hard clay layer, it spread out to the sides of the trench to maximize root developement. Very nice and healthy. Thick roots aswell.

picture.php

Here we have them side branches: A lot of them!

picture.php

All together now:

picture.php

chak-ra

Veteran
SMOKE REPORT:

Looks:

- Very sativa, except for the ruderalis-pheno. That one has very compact thick and dense buds.
- Crystals are small, but not too small. Very high resin production. Crystals don't mature as fast as the Think Different.
- Very high calyx-leaf ratio
- Again, almost zero 'fluffy' popcorn buds. All buds, even the smaller ones at the bottom were completely covered in resin.
- If you find the right pheno, it will deliver you very nice buds with amazing bag appeal. Trimmed buds look like indoor grown. 10 out of 10 people I asked all thought it was indoor.

Smell:

- Let me start by saying: for those of you looking for the typical Haze-scent, It really isn't in this strain... Even with a long cure she won't smell like Haze. Maybe a hint of lemon and fine (unripe) peppers.
- Overall smell is more Skunky-White, Floral, sweet, with Hazelnuts (I'm starting to think the Hazelnut is comming from the ruderalis used to make all those crosses... Not bad, even chocolaty.
- A little hint of fresh mint/eucalyptus in the non-cured buds.
- Though the scent of this strain could use some improvement, it is still above average. The 'auto extreme'-pheno (the right mix between the ruderalis and the Outlaw) has a very dank, deep and complex scent. Worth searching for.

Taste:

- Tastes like it smells. No Haze in the taste. More like a good Skunk, with hints of sweet flowers. Not very special. Smooth though.

Effect:

- The effect is good! Heady and up, but when left to ripen fully, it is a powerfull high that sits behind your eyes and can leave you sitting on the couch, staring at infinity for hours. A little rushy feeling, but mounts out in a stable high. Very good for people who are used to good quality coffeeshop Cannabis. Red eyes, and a buzzing head and if you smoke too much, you WILL fall asleep very very fast.
The high takes a while to come on, so it's one of those creepers. Not as big a creeper as for example the Hawaiian Snow.

Growing:

Good germination rates. 8 out of 10 when planted in full soil at 30 degrees celcius and RH of about 30%. One mutated however.

Very easy strain to grow. Albeit with a little more patience. We've harvested at day 84, when 2nd flowering was coming to an end and I felt maybe she could have gone on for about one week. However, as this strain is also one that molds easily, you should be carefull and check every day for mold.
We didn't get any mold in the buds, not even the most dense ones. Keep your RH in check (<40%) and mold most certainly won't be a problem.
Yield on this plant was average, about 150g. We could've gotten more out of this strain, but we didn't use any fans for the first 5 weeks (because of the Think Different that needed the fans more).
Height was about 150 cm, with the smallest being a good 80 cm tall.

No hermafrodites are to be found in this strain.

Overall:

Nice autoflower with good yields and near perfect bud formation. This strain is always better to be grown in Greenhouses. I do recommend this to get the most out of this strain. Ideal sowing time: just before the summer starts (start of june). The looks of this strain are way better than most indoor I've seen grown here in Belgium. It's a nice herb to use in your own time, or with friends during a movie. Not for very social gatherings... as it could be too strong for some to handle. Chill out with this strain after work and you won't need no Cognac!

Great work on this commercially very viable strain! Thank you Dutch Passion for putting this strain out there!

Some last pictures of the 'Haze'pheno and the auto extreme-pheno:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hope you've enjoyed!

Last edited:
Very nice thread. :)
Great reports for the auto addict.
They are definitely fun to grow - I love the fast pace of growing them.
Thanks!

5th

Veteran
Very detailed reports and pictures...thank you chak-ra. Think Different for the win. :tiphat:

chak-ra

Veteran
Thanks a lot guys. Hope you find it informative!

The fun thing is with these autoflowers, they are hardly any work at all!

The flowering time is very fast (4-6 weeks, not including veg!). That makes them naturally more resistent to Bugs like spider mites.

Just a very good word of advice when growing autoflowers (but of course you all know this): Give a big amount (volume) of good soil and avoid transplanting.

Small short smoke report from THC123 (he posted this in the 'big greenhouse'-thread)

Tried chak-ras auto extreme

very powerfll effect narcotic high with also a body effect, relaxes muscles.

Too bad smells are a bit bland on auto extreme in general, but effect is real good

:thank you::tiphat:

THC123

Veteran
I must say those buds are real nice bro

Too bad i had lots of mold problems with that strain, Next year ill try your soil for my autos:thank you:

sergiana

Thanks for this thread I was thinking about interbreeding some of these "super autos" into some standard autos to increase yields in guerilla grows.

Hard to get such great information sometimes beforehand.

ddt

Buds looks really nice but i dont think those looks like a pro grade. For me those looks fluffy and very like few years back super early sativas strains. I think, there is still no way to replace regular strains which if you have good genetics can produce massive yield with super potent, rocky hard buds and with harvest time first week of sept. 300g dry on 1,2m tall plant got this year on Auto Lhotse from Darwin seeds. Man, those buds looks fully indoor like. :)
But i am sure your buds are great. This is not a critics, only you show us limits of autos today. I think there is no more ppls pushing auto genes as much as you, so what u are showin us is the reall potential of autos. For me, its lil dissapointing. I will wait another few years and again will check if breeding bring apples :)

Kipod

Wonderful report Chakra!!
I have a few questions if your'e still around :)
How many hours or sunlight did the plans get?
did you add extra lights at night?
how about the soil mix you use - if you don't mind of course..?

I recently started with DP White Widow and find it having hard time with supersoil method 30L pot
(50L soil + 25L compost + 5L Vermicompost + Perllite - as the bottom layer of soil(upper is very light with nutes)) I'm currently getting N toxicity, but i want to learn a thing or two for next round :)
thanks a lot!
Kip.

mack 10

Veteran
Very nice. Starting to think they are not the devil after all.

Which would you advise for the UK season?

Latest posts

Latest posts