What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

auto mazar in dwc + l.e.d

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Looking amazing as always skotty. You have REALLY dialed your system in.. I shall be returning within the next month, watch for me :wave:

if u switched your light out for a hps youd be the auto yeilding king. u got gigantic plants with tons of popcorn, you could probally double your yeild.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
just wait ^^^^ you're such a doubter about LEDs, even after i showed you how productive LED's can be in my over 1 lb. thread... and you were IMPRESSED !!!

sit back, enjoy the show ;)

it's all good brother :)

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Looking amazing as always skotty. You have REALLY dialed your system in.. I shall be returning within the next month, watch for me :wave:

hey 20/4 cheers for dropping in, i thought you had packed away your stuff for good

iwannatokenbone has been following most my diaries and comments on them and has even pm'd me before now so he/she knows what to expect from my grow, if he/she had read my comment as oppose to just looking at the pics he/she would see what stage of the grow im at ;)

plants go through many cycles during growth and you need to understand what each cycle is,

seedling-veg-pre-flower stretch-bud formation-weight gain-maturity, now looking at your comment and what i posted i think it was a little premature to say what you did, i still have 3-4 weeks left before harvest and looking at my past results i dont doubt that this mazar is gonna produce the goods :)

just wait ^^^^ you're such a doubter about LEDs, even after i showed you how productive LED's can be in my over 1 lb. thread... and you were IMPRESSED !!!

sit back, enjoy the show ;)

it's all good brother :)

whos talking to you?, u peeps trying to sell things on the icc need to chill u really do,, what show, your show? nope skottys show. And skotty ive seen all your grows n all your grow pics from your harvest days and what comes to mind is why dont u run a better light? your yeilds blow me away still but just imagine what u could be doing.

and just to clear it up, paying 3000 dollars for led lights to yeild a pound doesnt impress me

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
whos talking to you?, u peeps trying to sell things on the icc need to chill u really do,, what show, your show? nope skottys show. And skotty ive seen all your grows n all your grow pics from your harvest days and what comes to mind is why dont u run a better light? your yeilds blow me away still but just imagine what u could be doing.

and just to clear it up, paying 3000 dollars for led lights to yeild a pound doesnt impress me

i cant be arsed to get into a debate about l.e.d lights but i think there is a lighting section on here where you can get all your points across, i use l.e.d lights purely because they suit me with no need for extraction and the stealth aspect of them running so quiet + they are cheap on electric and they easily pay for themself, lets just see what she looks like at the finish line and what weight she is ;)

might aswell do an update while im here

day 83 from seed

the mazar has had a fresh res change and is now on full dose pk13/14, if you are comparing this grow to a normal grow i am on week 4-5 of flower, i still have 2 more res changes to go and a complete flush so she should finish around the 100day mark, not ideal for an auto but their is nothing i can do about this

im not sure what dp have done with this plant but they have extended the veg time before the plant kicks into flower to around the 4-5 week mark, i think this would be a good base for anyone who wanted to create a super super auto

im gonna trest this mazar just like the original and let her run for the 8-9 week flower period so im guessing the last few weeks are when she gains the most amount of weight :)

her ph is 6.0 and ec is 1.0

pics

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

SpaceKiller

im just amazed at how easily that LED keeps your plants so healthy being that far away. well at the start anyway, its growing into the light now but you get what i mean.

love your pineapple express grow, ive been dying to switch to nothing but autos since they have really gotten kick ass nowadays. how was it? anything uk cheese related i assume is worth it.

have you tried world of seeds, afghan kush ryder? looks really really good and boasts 22% thc level, be nice to see that grown out.

anyway. killer grow, i never cared about weight so much anyway. not to add to the debate.. dunno why people make a deal about it unless you absolutely need to hit a margin for some reason every harvest. other than that i cant see why it would be of importance other than to show off.. or just to note the progress of your developing skills. dont get me wrong i get proud and want to show off sometimes also.. just saying.

i always prefer quality over quantity any day. if i didnt i could just buy schwag..

keep up the good work. not that you shouldnt listen to others sometimes but do what works best for you and your situation.

GP73LPC

Veteran

first off, i'm not selling shit. i don't work for an LED company. i don't buy and sell LED's. i don't make em and sell em, so talk to someone else about chilling...

and if you did your homework, you would know you can grow a pound of weed with $1200 worth of LED's...

but suit yourself, i could give a fuck if you ever buy 1 single diode... i just always see you coming into LED threads and bustin chops...

if it's not for you cool... we ALL know how you feel :moon:

GP73LPC

Veteran
nice work skotty... :tiphat:

are you rotating the plant so the LED hits all sides? if not, the plant is doing well on the dark side...

this is quite impressive !!!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
honest its not worth getting into a debate about lol

i cant move the plant mate as she is tied down but im gonna throw some pics up of purple buds lol

i think this is a really nice touching finish as we come towards the end of the grow

picture.php

picture.php

J

joejusttyped

Nice one skotty. Glad to see someone didn't get shafted by dp autos.

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
yeah i have a carbon filter as there is no other alternative to dealing with the smell, if i could deal with the smell with another source i would

im not 100% sure that thats even acting as a vent as its just pulling the odour in and controlling it, if i was to turn my carbon filter off my temps would remain the same, its run on a speed controller which is set to 35% of operating power

the main reason for having intake and outake is purely a hps thing, because hps produces so much heat you have to extract that and then replace it with fresh air, growing with l.e.d lights does the total opposite where as it doesnt produce as much heat so no need for intake/outake

GP73LPC

Veteran
that's an interesting set-up skotty. :tiphat:

i would have thought you would need at least a passive intake and small exhaust.

very cool. all enclosed, odor free system... my mind is racing with LED/Cabinet designs now :D

fuzzymuffin

After looking at this and other threads about L.E.D.s, I'm sold on their potential to produce big yields. I don't know if I'd want to use them in a commercial setting but for a small grow like this they look really nice. Going to have to get me one and see for myself.

Skotty, your plants are absolutely beautiful. I've been thinking of moving from soil to hempy buckets and I think an LED might be in my future as well. One question, though; have you ever supplemented your LED with full-spectrum CFL to add a little of the missing spectrum into the lighting mix? Why or why not and, if so, what were your results/impressions of the pairing?

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
massive debate about full spectrum lights which really baffles me, plants only use the light emitted in the par spectrum so i can not see any benefit of having a full spectrum light

i would love to see a grow using a top end l.e.d light vs hps vs plasma and see which comes out on top, watt for watt l.e.d will out yield hps but the price of decent panels puts many growers off, in time the price of l.e.d lights will come down and you will see people moving over from hps to l.e.d in my honest opinion, most of a hps lights energy is wasted in heat where as a l.e.d light is 100% usueable light

cheers for the comments

uptosumpn

Veteran
GREAT INFO as usual skotty! BTW what kind of LED panel are you using??? As I am thinking of going LED in my small 2' x 2' and 4' x 4' tents!!! was thinking about those Blackstars 240w

Desert Dan

Veteran
Wow Skotty! What is the ambient temp in your room? I run the 126w original penetrator in a 2x2 tent with extraction and my temps sit around 82f. The ambient temp that the room is in is roughly 78f. Do you think that a larger model penetrator runs at a higher temp than the 126w? I am thinking about upgrading to the x-gen.

DD

Latest posts

Latest posts