What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sell Me On AF's,I Dare Ya!

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
High quality AFs are around you just need to know where to look, come on REZ how bout it you in to help me make a REZ AF? I have excellent AF parent stock, big or small AFs I have both, all original works.

Just some pics to brighten up the thread.
picture.php

picture.php

SGS

dustin27

Veteran
Uhhhh.....AF's have triches....:D and SOLD! :D

rather pointless of me to post, i know....it would be cool to see a joint AF project mentioned above though.

D

driftersmokinjo

Looks like Rez is on a mission to provide even the lowliest of growers some quality genetics:santa1:

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Uhhhh.....AF's have triches....:D and SOLD! :D

rather pointless of me to post, i know....it would be cool to see a joint AF project mentioned above though.

autflowers have lots of trichs :)

picture.php

picture.php

and they grow quite big ;)

picture.php

Scrogerman

Veteran
We need Pukka large yielding Mold Resistant AF stains for outdoor at northern lats Rez, & joint project or three with established AF breeders & Rez would be something special & im sure id be very tempted to part with my cash, well, i would no-doubt! get on it Rez! do the countryside a favour!

A

auto guerilla

As for the original question...

i hate only being able to grow once a year (outdoor grower) and having to travel several times to spots just to sex the plants (i dont do clones or any form of indoor). too much work. it is easier to start them anywhere in a humidity dome, sex them at 3 weeks and go plant them then return in another 2 months. plus i can do this any time of year where i live, lots of sunshine :). Not to mention the great work that is being done in the genetics side.

as for comparing strengths of plants, how many years of breeding has it taken to get the non af strains to where they are today. give the af breeders that long and then compare. i grow mi5 and onyx and there are no complaints here

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another thing, for those who are baffled about AF's indoors..

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not yet..

But it make it easy to run a consitent perpetual grow indoor (if you only have 1 area)

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=181456

that is a link to 20/4's AF perpetual. 150w hps, it's a good way of having a consistant supply of meds for personal use.

PS, i'm glad people have been civil in this thread. The last thread posing this question got locked, and resulted in multiple users being banned..

I don't know why but AF's seem like marmite you either seem to love them or hate them.. except they won't change the marmite formula but we can change AF's :)

A

auto guerilla

if someone could produce an auto with the ducksfoot trait then that would be the ideal guerilla plant..i would buy it

Grimr3efer

HI guys/REZ... I suppose they have place for some people with special needs. The growers with these special needs I label them as handicapped growers. Handicapped growers have special needs like handicapped people. Some of these handicapped growers just have 1 light or 1 tiny closet or need plants to be 1 foot tall when ripe so no one can spot them outdoor... Not even a bald eagle...? So with all these different special needs handicapped plants/AFs have come about. That about sums that up. No offence :D

Now my case for natural seeds...
Most of us need weed as it was intended. One nice crop per year Outdoor and whatever you fancy indoor. Natural seeds we can grow all year and get lbs off 1 plant. I live in a non med state and I try to get my plants as big as I can. There is no point in putting all the effort to get a oz or 2 off 1 plant outdoor. If I put in hard work there better be a nice harvest at least a lb per. All the talk about concealment... Little plants+little yield=not worth my time. I'd rather grow a good indoor than have to trudge around and feed/maintain 100's of little plants outdoor. BTW I grow indoor and outdoor. I use std seeds and have zero complains. Sucks that people have restrictions on their growing spots. Man I'd be all over looking for other places to set-up shop... Don't sell yourself short... Get std genetics and push them... They will reward you 10 fold... Or keep going down the dark tunnel of AF... You never know what you might find but it looks dark and never ending over there. I'm stay out of there because I'm happy right here:)

AF strains are handicapped!

okay let me put in my dollar on autos.
first and formost they are the new tool for hot ggrows 8 to 12 weeks max in out befor any birds are flying,harder for randoms to spots.also you can have them in the city.grown in and around empty lots and condemned building(in south facing windows),even behind police station for those that like thrills,roof tops could carpet a walmart roof with,little red ryderhood and you wouldent even know it was there.autos a staple in my outdo.okay buds ar not indoor 12/12 in quality,i.e.structure,and resin incrusted buds(with the odds 1 out.sta.dr.autogws).so i run fresh harvest straight to bubble and get a least 7 grams of bubble per plant (ground and osmocote/or 2 gal organic pots.)that nich itself is well worth autos in my book.rez your gear is indoor ready.now auto rez seeds indoors i can see all day.in door sog autos are a staple for rooks and vets alike.see i remeber when we where trying to bush out autos but sgs is keeping them in single file line!lol good thinking tex.but what about outdoor autos?
auto rambo,romulin,sweet tooth,c99,
and for god sake rezd find cron cron!lol peace
p.s. ive grown to respect you!fuck those rumors and shit talking,as alway;):tiphat:

statusquo

Here is some masterlow at 65 days. The short fat two cola one used to be 3 colas, but I only recently started back up and am out of smoke... Average yield of these was ~10grams, but sour60 can throw 1-2ozs.

p.s. these were done under a 300w led light.... there were 8 of em under there, but many have fallen to my scissors already.
Wait so you did 8 AF plants under 300w of LED light and you only yielded ~80 grams? I feel like I'm missing something here.

bigtopsfinn

HI guys/REZ... I suppose they have place for some people with special needs. The growers with these special needs I label them as handicapped growers. Handicapped growers have special needs like handicapped people. Some of these handicapped growers just have 1 light or 1 tiny closet or need plants to be 1 foot tall when ripe so no one can spot them outdoor... Not even a bald eagle...? So with all these different special needs handicapped plants/AFs have come about. That about sums that up. No offence :D

Now my case for natural seeds...
Most of us need weed as it was intended. One nice crop per year Outdoor and whatever you fancy indoor. Natural seeds we can grow all year and get lbs off 1 plant. I live in a non med state and I try to get my plants as big as I can. There is no point in putting all the effort to get a oz or 2 off 1 plant outdoor. If I put in hard work there better be a nice harvest at least a lb per. All the talk about concealment... Little plants+little yield=not worth my time. I'd rather grow a good indoor than have to trudge around and feed/maintain 100's of little plants outdoor. BTW I grow indoor and outdoor. I use std seeds and have zero complains. Sucks that people have restrictions on their growing spots. Man I'd be all over looking for other places to set-up shop... Don't sell yourself short... Get std genetics and push them... They will reward you 10 fold... Or keep going down the dark tunnel of AF... You never know what you might find but it looks dark and never ending over there. I'm stay out of there because I'm happy right here:)

AF strains are handicapped!

AF strains came about through natural selection processes where the cannabis plant adapted to northern climates. It's not like they are some genetically engineered Monsanto conspiracy beans.

Unfortunately, not all cannabis users live in climates suited to growing 'regular' strains outdoors. AFs certainly have their place, but it's a small market, so not as commercially viable.

It's true that a lot of people growing AFs are noobs looking to make things as simple as possible, but definitely not all. :ying:

A

auto guerilla

it all comes down to efficiency not handicap or watever... theres still an issue of heaps of us not living in rural areas, not wanting plantations in your house with family and the sexing of the plants. auto's sex straight away. no time wasted with males. multiple grows any time of year. good potency. they also tolerate stress well. these are just a few of the pro's for af.

it all comes down to efficiency not handicap or watever... theres still an issue of heaps of us not living in rural areas, not wanting plantations in your house with family and the sexing of the plants. auto's sex straight away. no time wasted with males. multiple grows any time of year. good potency. they also tolerate stressers well. these are just a few of the pro's for af.
we are just handicap in our thinking;)yea right fuck outa.

reddy1

ICMag Donor
that is being worked on by canned abyss. Early stages though I think

and me, making the F3s sour 60 x ducksfoot in the next few months. many have tried this and most quit before the vision was realized. i'm taking my time to make sure it's right. no use in a lame duck auto plant.

i think autoflower x sativa is the next big thing. screw indicas. i really want to get a handle on some Super Cali Haze or Onyx. Most climates in the civilized world could grow 130 day super autos.

REZDOG, wow man, you are the most generous person i know. i like all the joint projects you are doing. keep that going. spread the wealth. your gear is getting worked in to so many breeding projects. awesome to see such positive results. you are influencing modern cannabis genes on the level sam, nevil and shanti did back then. this is your time to shine. cheers to you!