What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sell Me On AF's,I Dare Ya!

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran

TheAF- indoor thing is what tends to baffle me a bit,overall,given the choices available to growers today.

Agreed. Best thing is you can make a quick crop in your veg box while growing other stuff.

Hell,most "Indoor-only" hybrids have had a lot (most!) of the "industrial" (read: HEMP) qualities bred out to concentrate on higher drug-cannabis compounds,at the sacrifice of heartiness in the Real World outside. (Read: Outdoors.)

AMEN.
Just note that this kind of crosses shows often a bunch of phenos.
You must hunt the ones showing "AF traits" and you have hard times mantaining a mother from those.
Also these outdoors 'holy grails' are ever out of stock or crazy priced.
AF are widely available and outdoors work like a timebomb, you plant every two weeks and keep harvesting all summer long.

Thanks for the nice inputs

=K

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Rez keep the devils pollen away from your beautiful moms .....that shit is poision pill auto genetics

:laughing: If he doesnt do it, im sure someone here will, actually im pretty sure LBH used SSSDH for an automatic sativa variety, but i may be mistaken..

Hope LBH doesnt mind...
(this is not my picture...) But is auto sour diesel haze... does it look similar to SSSDH?

(still obviously early in its life...)

picture.php

THC123

Veteran
Well , i was also gonna say for outdoor , greenhouse grows , but Krull beat me too it.

However for indoors it also boggels my mind , but for outdoors in cold wet climates , they are a godsend and deliver quite a good quality

P

Purple Monster

:laughing: If he doesnt do it, im sure someone here will, actually im pretty sure LBH used SSSDH for an automatic sativa variety, but i may be mistaken..

Hope LBH doesnt mind...
(this is not my picture...) But is auto sour diesel haze... does it look similar to SSSDH?

(still obviously early in its life...)

picture.php

Looks like a fluffy fluffanoogin hairball.

Junk

REZDOG

Veteran
Rez,
Maybe Reservoir seeds would consider partnering with MDanzig to do a limited AF SD and AF Chemdog release (or maybe a less vital, to you, name brand strain).....I'm sure consumer interest would be there. Let MDanzig release them with some genetic help from Reservoir maybe.

Hmmmm....

Sure,whythefuckNOT? :D

....Hell,If MDanzig wants to develop a CHEMDOG IBL or SOUR DIESEL IBL-based AF for you guys to play with,have him pop in to my forum and drop a note stating his interest and I'll get with him personally via the ether. Reservoir would be proud to supply him with enough comp'd IBL seeds (both/either) Chemdog IBL and Sour Diesel IBL) to fulfill any Project,should he be looking in those directions in the future & wants to use Reservoir's IBL Line(s)-And I'd be flattered as well. If Reservoir was ever to profit anything from a "Joint Project",Reservoir would insist that Reservoir's end goes directly to MDanzig's favorite local charity or foodbank-period.
That said,Reservoir will gladly cooperate with an AF Project,but I'll leave the actual AF Breeding to the AF Breeders. I'll hold up Reservoir's end with nice & solid,"elite"-based IBLs.
I am just dying to see the results,I might add,should this kind of Project occur. :)
Enough from me,I ramble! :D

Cheers!

. . . .

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Hmmmm....

....Hell,If MDanzig wants to develop a CHEMDOG IBL or SOUR DIESEL IBL-based AF for you guys to play with,have him pop in to my forum and drop a note stating his interest and I'll get with him personally via the ether. Reservoir would be proud to supply him with enough comp'd IBL seeds (both/either) Chemdog IBL and Sour Diesel IBL) to fulfill any Project,should he be looking in those directions in the future & wants to use Reservoir's IBL Line(s)-And I'd be flattered as well. If Reservoir was ever to profit anything from a "Joint Project",Reservoir would insist that Reservoir's end goes directly to MDanzig's favorite local charity or foodbank-period.
That said,Reservoir will gladly cooperate with an AF Project,but I'll leave the actual AF Breeding to the AF Breeders. I'll hold up Reservoir's end with nice & solid,"elite"-based IBLs.
I am just dying to see the results,I might add,should this kind of Project occur. :)

Cheers!

. . . .

If you are willing to share REZ genetics I would be more then happy to use them to cross with my best Breeding AFs bro to make the best CHEM AF hybrid, check my AF gallery for some idea of stuff Im working on,, of course I dont post current work. Let me know if you want more info.

Just a thought, SGS

highroller614

Rez Autoflowers

Rez Autoflowers

Sounds like a winner! I find them useful cause I live in the city with neighbors everywhere. My yard is enclosed with a privacy fence. I also got a place to veg my autos so i can run perpetual harvests outside:dance013:. I can maximize my outdoor production like this.:smokeit::kos: In my state the cops are not coming in your yard for 2 plants. I plan on getting 3 harvests and then set out some regular strains to finish the season. Hopefully I grow enough smoke to last the whole year. :biggrin::pirate::bandit:. Your strains are some straight
AZZ :mopper:. That would be awesome to see REZ autos.

F

feral

I've tried auto's twice from 2 different breeders both well known in the auto growers part of the hobby and I was extremely disappointed.
I think it's just easier to go 12//12 from seed with a regular strain and have better results and better bud IMO than to mess with auto's.

canned abyss1

Veteran
Hmmmm....

Cheers!

. . . .

Sounds awesome REZ, I have already crossed my auto strain Spyder with your Wonder Haze, but I would be up for breeding some other Rez strains into autos.

D

driftersmokinjo

I ran 5 femed little angels for my son once. They finished in about 65 days from seed.Produced about 3/4 oz each. Good smoke but I get way better from my long flowering strains that I run. I'm not enclined to run any auto's as I harvest a few oz's ever 2 or 3 weeks from what I have now. It is a mad house in my grow rooms with all the different stages lol. Times rang from 65 to around 85 days after 12/12. So i dont have a need for an auto flower. My son on the other hand has been trying to pick up the art but dosent have the patients for my style of growing. He wants instant gratification. Or close to it. He is about to get discuraged with my strains trying to get on my time scedual for harvest. It has taken me 3 years to get to this point. So now he is searching for auto's. I did my best to lead him right but some times you just have to let them "grow"- up. I am fortunant to have a long season so I could have multipal harvest from a/f's but i'm a patent man and try to stock up for the lag times. I get paid back with giant colas That stink so bad the deer wont touch em. Well the Heineken's are starting to talk now so i will stop my ramblings:snap out of it:

RoomRaider

I run autos. Move locations, and go on grow breaks often. Maintaining regular moms is not possible at the moment. My main strain is sour60, been running it since it first came out. Sour60 can comp regular strains easily, to say otherwise is ignorance. Anyone who has truly tried sour60 can attest to that. Now, I agree even sour60 cannot comp with the best of the best regular strains, but it is only a matter of time. I'm only saying sour60 cuz thats the one i'm most intimate with, onyx and others i've heard are just as potent.

Autoflowers are like computers when they first came out. Inneficient, clunky and riddled with bugs, but are making leaps and bounds year after year with no end in sight.

Here is some masterlow at 65 days. The short fat two cola one used to be 3 colas, but I only recently started back up and am out of smoke... Average yield of these was ~10grams, but sour60 can throw 1-2ozs.

p.s. these were done under a 300w led light.... there were 8 of em under there, but many have fallen to my scissors already.

Attachments

• IMG_8384.jpg
    IMG_8384.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8391.jpg
    IMG_8391.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8368.jpg
    IMG_8368.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 13