What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mi5 Grow Journal - Growing With CANNA

dargo

This thread is open to anyone and everyone to post in, but you must keep to the subject of this grow & no asking where to get the seeds from (not at the moment anyway)

10 x Mi5 reg seeds
250w HPS
Canna Terra Professional Soil Mix
Canna terra Vega
Canna Terra Flores
5L deep square pots

*2 x 125w cfl's blue - no room at moment to put them in.
*1 x 125w cfl Red - in use at the moment but will move it in with the 250w hps as soon as its job is done

Il be selecting the best male and female and getting as many seeds as possible for the summer, il bin the other males and smoke the remaining girls.

So far I have only been lightly watering (ph 5.9-6.0) daily just to keep the soil slightly moist.

9 are doing really well, 1 is a bit of a runt

day 1 - 30th dec

day 28 - 26th jan

day 30 - 28th jan

day 37 - 4th feb

day 44 - 11th feb

day 51 - 18th feb

day 58 - 25th feb - Flush?

day 66 - 5th mar

day 72 - 11th mar
- Harvest ?

day 80 - 18th mar <----- (3 remaining plants)

.... .... .... ....

.... .... .... ....

day 0
picture.php

day 0.5
picture.php

day 6

picture.php

picture.php

day 12/13

picture.php

day 28

picture.php

Day 37

picture.php

Day 39 (short fat pheno)

picture.php

picture.php

day 45

picture.php

Day 47 (short fat pheno)

picture.php

day 52

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Bighill

Nice, in canna none the less, should be a good one. Been curious about this auto.. regular updates PLEASE :)

BH

ronbo51

Veteran
I think I had an MI5 in my last run, but they were all an unmarked mix. This might help tell me what I had. Thanks.

dargo

quick picture update. day 8 from seed. still just using water to make sure all the soil mix is kept from drying up. the first true leaves are fairly long and look a little bit mong looking, but all are doing well and growing fast.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

C

cyber echo

Whats the humidity in there ?
That coco still looks quite dry..

dargo

i took the pics just before watering. its a soil mix (not sure what % is coco) its not as dry as it looks. only the very top was bone dry. not sure what the humidity is and would have no way to control it even if i did. my grow cab is basicaly a bodge job to give me some smoke, make plenty of seeds and learn about autos over winter when growing in the greenhouse is ruled out. i will at some point partition half the walk in wardrobe to add more space and make it better equipt inside.

i cant wait to get my seed run seeds outside! roll on summer :D

Snigel

YaY and hurray for an Mi 5 Grow :)
i'm about to start a grow with the same strain,
the room just got finished and now i'm just waiting on my seeds i'm so excited.
i'm going organic all the way.. if anyone is interested i'll make a grow journal as soon as the seeds in the soil :)
have a good one (and ofc i will be following this thread)

2 of mine showed sex(pistils) at 22 days from popping the soil
one pic of her in my album yesterday when i transplanted from 2l bottle to a 7l pot
it's 12cm height and after 5-7 days i will make a little training with her bcuz i have only 150w mh light and...has poor penetration power

dargo

Do you think it took so long to show sex because she is under 150w mh or is that the standard time for Mi5? my auto white russian, auto ak47 x auto hindu kush & my auto ak47 x auto blueberry all showed sex from day 10 - 14

dunno
today at day 23 another 1 mi5 showed(female)
and actually i have 3x150wmh, but each has 6-7 plants
in that grow have 9 rrf, today one of them showed, is the bushy feno but...is a fuckin male, think i'm gonna keep it and throw his semen on a mi5
some weird shit is happening, i have 3 ss#1 wich should've showed till now but...they continue to grow and...that's that

Bighill

today one of them showed, is the bushy feno but...is a fuckin male, think i'm gonna keep it and throw his semen on a mi5

Keep his pollen for sure. Getting pollen from a bush pheno male is IDEAL, you can use it to backcross later to help stabalize the bushy trait. Keep that pollen stored well, it's worth gold if your trying to get bigger AF plants.

BH.:smokeit:

the.rise

or you could CS a nice bushy female that shows sex early and have some realllllly nice breeding stock =)

its what i plan to do next run when these runts are finally finished

dargo

the.rise is your camera with you and working now? how are your girls fattening up?

I noticed a few deformed leaves apearing on the Mi5's, no tits or balls yet, they all seem to be growing at different speeds but all growing fairly fast with 1 light years ahead of the rest and a little runt at the back.