Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Greenhouses > Forcing bloom: Manipulating photoperiod for out of season harvest

Thread Title Search
Forcing bloom: Manipulating photoperiod for out of season harvest Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2013, 02:30 PM #41
Crusader Rabbit

Crusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Legal Co View Post
Here's a quick and dirty roll up top. Could be used to either open the top or use it over the clear with a black tarp for black out?

https://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj0bTU5Fs2o

Your link doesn't work for me.

But since I'm here, this is a link to a motor designed to drive window shades. This should work well for a smaller system.

https://www.laaudiofile.com/addamotor.html
Crusader Rabbit is offline Quote

Old 04-27-2013, 04:19 PM #42
2 Legal Co

2 Legal Co is just really nice2 Legal Co is just really nice2 Legal Co is just really nice2 Legal Co is just really nice2 Legal Co is just really nice2 Legal Co is just really nice2 Legal Co is just really nice2 Legal Co is just really nice
T Y CR;

I redid the link. Try it now.
2 Legal Co is offline Quote

Old 04-27-2013, 04:40 PM #43
Crusader Rabbit

Crusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant future
That's so cool. So you just need two pipes and a U-joint. Notice that he didn't unroll it over the roof peak and on the downhill side? It might be hard to control in that situation. You'd be holding back the weight and the far end would want to slide down on its own.
Crusader Rabbit is offline Quote

Old 04-27-2013, 06:33 PM #44
2 Legal Co

2 Legal Co is just really nice2 Legal Co is just really nice2 Legal Co is just really nice2 Legal Co is just really nice2 Legal Co is just really nice2 Legal Co is just really nice2 Legal Co is just really nice2 Legal Co is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader Rabbit View Post
That's so cool. So you just need two pipes and a U-joint. Notice that he didn't unroll it over the roof peak and on the downhill side? It might be hard to control in that situation. You'd be holding back the weight and the far end would want to slide down on its own.
You noticed that too? Yeah, I think it's only good for 'uphill' roofs, unless you were to put it on a reverse tensioning device. i.e. a rope on either end that spools up then coming open and unspools when closing?

Inquireing mind, May get me into trouble yet!

Or maybe a simpler thing would be to have the dead ends at the high point, with 2 rollers. Opening the 2 halves up to the center? hmmm
2 Legal Co is offline Quote

Old 05-04-2013, 07:42 AM #45
NPK
Bottom Feeder

NPK is a jewel in the roughNPK is a jewel in the roughNPK is a jewel in the roughNPK is a jewel in the roughNPK is a jewel in the roughNPK is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangrownkush View Post
2nd edit; In first paragraph I am thinking light dep w/panda coming up/down to manipulate hours, 2nd paragraph is after I found wooden designs and thought it would be awesome to have just straight black box w/permanent panda plastic and take plants in/out of box at correct time to get 12 hrs light... I think 2nd idea would be better/sturdier...
This is exactly what I did the first time I light-depped around six years ago: I built a simple wooden frame and enclosed it in panda plastic, white side out. A dehumidifier is a must, or you will definitely end up with mold. If the structure's close to your home, sticking one in there is a piece of cake. Schlepped those plants in and out at the same time every morning and evening; it worked fantastically. You can also purchase a pre-fab structure and give it the same treatment. This year I'm using a 10' x 10' canopy tent "walled" on the inside with a 15" x 25" sheet of black plastic. The outside walls are covered with white sunscreens. If I had more space, I'd probably use a portable parking structure.

There are many ways to assemble an effective forcing structure quickly, easily, and pretty cheaply. I'll be interested to see what other people are coming up with.
NPK is offline Quote

Old 05-06-2013, 04:38 AM #46
oceangrownkush

oceangrownkush has much to be proud ofoceangrownkush has much to be proud ofoceangrownkush has much to be proud ofoceangrownkush has much to be proud ofoceangrownkush has much to be proud ofoceangrownkush has much to be proud ofoceangrownkush has much to be proud ofoceangrownkush has much to be proud ofoceangrownkush has much to be proud ofoceangrownkush has much to be proud ofoceangrownkush has much to be proud of
Hell yeah NPK glad to hear the same method I was thinking of was successful for you, any tips on good dehueys for GHs?

I found this useful little tool last night and I discovered I won't have to light dep at all, I think its more of a Nor Cal thing to light dep. Where I'm at the longest day we get is 14 hours, and plants will easily be fully flowering from 20/4 light schedule I veg in under 14/10.. So the only time of the year I'll have to manipulate the lighting is during winter, when I'll have to run the lights in the GH for 2 hours a day if I want to keep blooming.

Here is the daylight hour tool I found last night, really glad I found it;
https://astro.unl.edu/classaction/ani...sexplorer.html
oceangrownkush is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:04 PM #47
ride or die

ride or die is on a distinguished road
hell yeah
ride or die is offline Quote

Old 11-18-2013, 12:16 AM #48
HatchBrew

Location: Chanting Atheist Hymns at my Pagan Totem...non-gov't subsidized.
HatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud of
The dispensarys around me label the light dep. goods. Interesting that the high supply has caused this to be a more popular style.
HatchBrew is offline Quote

Old 06-29-2014, 04:46 AM #49
daviduski

daviduski is on a distinguished road
Hi guys.

I did something like that in 2012.

It was a box with a blind engine that open or close the roof and a timer. It was programmed to close it before the sunrise and open a cople hours later, looking for 12 hours of sun, so the plants could be uncovered at night.

Clothing clips were there because it was gluing.

Regards from Spain
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07013.JPG
Views:	515
Size:	186.7 KB
ID:	273500 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07017.JPG
Views:	508
Size:	211.5 KB
ID:	273501 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07067.JPG
Views:	503
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	273502
daviduski is offline Quote

Old 07-27-2014, 09:57 AM #50
Dkgrower

Dkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really nice
Ola david, nice work and you even automated it super cool rock on
Dkgrower is offline Quote