What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Autoflower Buyers Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

raz1012

I have decided to make a thread based on experiences with autoflowering genetics giving a synopsis, so people can make buyer decisions based on what they feel is ideal for their garden. I would like people to add their experience with strains that I do not list.

Masterlow(Mdanzig)
Excellent plants to choose for small compact garden grows minimal branching and you can fit a lot in one area stay short on average I havent seen many top 1ft tall(avg 6"-10"). Avg Yield 5-15g per plant(but can be made up for by putting a lot in small area). Smell lemony citrus, a little less potent then the new wave of autoflowers but even still the taste is delicious and it produces a mild buzz.

BlueStreak(Mdanzig)
Mdanzig while being his own harsh critic says this has fallen behind the lastest in the autoflowering world, I disagree. Bluestreak has a wide range of phenotypes. The yield is anywhere from 7g(Masterlow pheno)-35g and the potency is up there with the best tasted in the auto world. Smell varies from light skunky odor to the more masterlow citrus scent. In regards to nutes I had a couple different bluestreaks and they don't seem to like much nutes it must be a blueberry thing.

Lowryder 2(JD)
This is one of the most beautiful autos I have seen. Resin coated compact buds with a very reasonable yield 14-24g on average. They do have a minor stink factor moreso than masterlow or bluestreak but the buds bag appeal will blow you away. Fed all organic nutes loved the ZOO DOO/marine cuisine and performed amazingly.

Auto AK(LowLife)
This ones for yield. Auto AK should be a building block for making larger autoflowers with a yield 28g-50g+. The knock on auto ak is thats its resin production isn't the greatest but its potency is still very nice. Definitely produces a nice day buzz. This strain takes a good amount of nutes pretty well.

Auto Ak x BB(LowLife)
This has to be one of the most interesting autos I have tried. It has a large amount of diversity in its phenos but you cant go wrong on any of them. yield is anywhere from 14g(blueberry pheno)-40g+(ak pheno). The blueberry pheno smells like straight blueberries its probably the most delicious smelling pheno i have encountered. While the Ak pheno has subtle blueberry tints but the smell is mostly citrus w/ a hint of skunkiness. fantastic bag appeal on all phenos. This cross has definitely boosted the frost factor from the original AK. I noticed the phenos that are heavily on the blueberry side hate nutes and it becomes very easy even with low amounts of organic to burn them so take it easy.

White Dwarf(Buddha)
This one packs the frost. I have never seen an Auto cake on as much frost as this one does in its last 2-3 weeks(2 days of dark before the chop really seems to do this one wonders). I didn't have a great M/F ratio on this one but I believe it was just bad luck. Yield 16-27g, the smell is very musty its difficult to describe but the smell after cure definitely makes your nostrils flare. Delicious all around would consider crossing this one to other autos to boost the frost factor. White dwarf has a healthy appetite when it comes to nutes and is more tolerant to moderately higher concentrations of nutes.

Additional White Dwarf Reviews

WD Review/Pic Thanks to: Schizophrenic

FEM Roadrunner(Dinafem)
I wound up having 2 Roadrunner freebies and started them up not expecting too much out of them. I was impressed with the early branching and quickly realized this strain has some potential. Out of the two freebies one yielded 24g the other 27g. They both plateaued around 18" in height 14" wide. The aroma is hard to describe its a mix of spicyness/tea/and citrus. The buds frost production wasn't on the level of some of the other autos I've tried but they still had very decent bag appeal. The smoke is smooth and the high is both uplifting and relaxing. Also takes nutes pretty well.

FEM Easy Ryder(AKxLR2)(JD)
I really like this strain there is so much variation but there are some great phenos in this cross. Had one that didn't branch much and only yielded 16g but they were some of the most crystal coated buds I have ever seen. Then on the opposite spectrum there was one that never stopped branching reaching 28" tall 24" wide and yielded 53g of crystal coated dense nugs it also took 75 days to finish compared to the smaller pheno being done in 60. The smell is a fruity funk smell with skunky undertones. The potency is very nice. I recommend this strain to people who are looking for good yield from an auto with no compromises on bud quality. This strain loves nutes as well pretty difficult to burn if your careful.
picture.php

picture.php

Additional Easy Ryder Reviews (AKxLR2)(JD)

Easy Ryder AKxLR2 Review - Thanks to : cyber echo

Mossy's JEMS
I was fortunate/thankful to get my hands on some of these seeds. I actually had 6 seeds of two different phenos(Pink, Purple). The pink phenos were really a light purple covered in frost and some of the purple phenos were a rich dark purple almost black which was amazing to see. The average yield I received on these ranged from 7-20gs of very colorful sweet smelling buds. The strain seemed to be fairly nute sensitive but if you take it easy on them the results are incredible. Its tough for me to judge the taste or high at this point since they are still curing but it is quite potent and in the early stages of curing it smells like a sweet/creamy mix but then again I'm not the best at odor descriptions. Overall this is a fantastic strain and fortunately I did a little pollination work and have plenty more for the future.

picture.php

Mossy's Jem additional reviews

Mossy's Jem Thanks to : IceColdCrickets

Sour 60 (Mdanzig)
I'll start this off by saying sour 60 is the most complete auto out right now. It brings tremendous potency, strong yields, and a great smell and taste. The potency of this auto is by far the strongest I've witnessed and I can say I've ran my fair share of autos to this point. The buds are very thick as some of you have seen in some of my other posts in this forum(see my sour 60 album). The yield ranged from between 20-60g's+, the buds are resin coated and under a microscope just look insane. The smell during growth wasn't to strong but the after harvest jar smell continues to strengthen(its almost like a mango/sweet/gum/citrus smell wrapped into one and the taste is pretty similar). I think my yields could have actually been significantly better as during the initial growth stages I left them in cups a little too long because of a trip I had to take. The high for me is very sedating and relaxing and provides a very nice stony feel to it. I look forward to future Mdanzig endeavors as every new strain he provides just gets better and better. Heres a picture of the 60g(counting bottom popcorn buds went to 65) yielder, and the top bud from this plant.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Additional Sour 60 Reviews
Sour 60 (Mdanzig) - Thanks to : Dirt Diggler

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Independent Auto-Flower Reviews

Short Term Amnesia (Dutchbreed)
Short term Amnesia (DutchBreed) - Thanks to : g0dzilla

Diesel Ryder (Joint Doctor)
Diesel Ryder(JD) - Thanks to : Rose56
Diesel Ryder(JD) - Thanks to : Leaddraft

Sweetheart(Xseeds)
Sweetheart(Lavender X LR2) - Thanks to: Benefit

Russian Rocket Fuel(Short Stuff)
Russian Rocket Fuel(Short Stuff) - Thanks to: Oldnooby

Red Dwarf(Buddha)
Red Dwarf(Buddha) Thanks to: SmokeyBandito

Santa(Flash Seeds)
Santa(Flash Seeds) Thanks to : Fatcat0491

Iranian Auto Flower
Iranian AutoFlower Thanks to : greenpharmd

Vertigo (Paradise Seeds)
Vertigo(Paradise Seeds) Thanks to : Claude Hopper

Royal Queen Seeds (Royal Automatic)
Royal Queen Seeds Thanks to : Elsweeto

Auto Hindu Kush (LowLife Seeds)
Auto Hindu Kush Thanks to : Desert Dan

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope to add some pictures of these strains in the future.
Hopefully this gives people a good starting point on selecting the auto of their choice. Please fill in your own descriptions of autos you have tried.

locoymoco

hello , I was thinking in auto AK for my next try, till now the only auto I have growing ( 27 days ) are some roadrunners, There is a post with pics of them, Is from a spanish seedbank ( thats why my english is bad), and it seens to have two fenotypes, one is taller with less leaves, and the other shorter but with more and bigger leaves, I think the short feno will produce better, anyway I think is a really fast one, 20 days till started flowering.

you really now your autos, and i like your gram averages, nice and modest. any experince with dutch passions taiga an tundra??? thx :abduct:

beek

Thanks for this raz1012. Can you tell me which of those is the quickest from seed to bud. Did you grow in or out ?

mdanzig

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll probably be upgrading those descriptions, and changing names. I want to get anything with the name "low", or "ryder" out of my strains. Im thinking of calling Master Low#2 "Faster Master", and "Sourbubbleryder" to "Sour 60"

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
So how do i go about finding those AF seeds i saw in high times the Lowrider#2xAK-47? they yielded 2oz tops really big and beffy

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
I'll probably be upgrading those descriptions, and changing names. I want to get anything with the name "low", or "ryder" out of my strains. Im thinking of calling Master Low#2 "Faster Master", and "Sourbubbleryder" to "Sour 60"

Can we please..... have some more info on this Faster Master :D sounds awsome :D

Early wonder skunk from solar warrior or sold at vancouver seed bank, yields between 2-4 ounces on average and finishes in august. from personal experience ive found it to be a strong very enjoyeble smoke and ive used its genetics to cross with Auto-ak47 to make a plant yield between 1-3 oz and finish within 12-15 check out my pics

ive been wanting to get my hands on early wonder skunk for years, canada dont ship to the u.s. anybody else carry solar warrior seeds?:yoinks:

raz1012

beek..
most autos finish within the same amount of time
its really a matter of personal preference most of lowlifes stuff i would say 65-75 days.
while Masterlow i rarely let go past day 60. I've done them all inside and out without much difference in time til harvest or yield.
kushkommander
AkxBB has a bunch of different phenos but they mostly fall on the indica dominant side of things.

One key point I'd like to make is that root space is very crucial to obtaining optimal yields from autos. I ran into root space issues when i used 1-2 gallon pots especially if you go start to finish in the same pot. The roots have a tendency to accumulate at the bottom and don't effectively fill out the upper portions of the pot. I would recommend starting in half gallon pots and after sexing transplant to a 3 gallon pot.

I

IceColdCrickets

There needs to be a standard set for classifying TRUE AutoFLowering strains, TRUE AF strains are ones that flower in continuous light 24 hours a day, after a certain age of healthy growth is reached. Anything else is actually just very early flowering like, such early flowering strains stay in VEG in 24 hours light but will flower in such light as 18/6. These strains have a very short critical light period to induce flowering. Some version of Mighty Mite are an example of these strains. These plants dont share the same genetic trigger as TRUE AFs like LowRyder and its hybrids. That being said here is a list of TRUE AutoFlowering Hybrids.

Mossy's JEMS A very colorful indica dominant AF hybrid. All plants, females and males will show color. Deep Purple is the dominant color, few show reds and pinks. Very nice potency of indica dominance, sweet floral flavor. Proven and bred outdoors!! Mold resistant, and high tolerance to low and high temps. It is one of the few proven outdoor AFs.

i will post more ,, should we include pics?

raz1012

nice post... Yeah pictures are always good, unfortunately I don't have pictures available of my experiences but if you have them to share it would definitely be beneficial.

Bob_J

nobody has really ever said what "lowryder" really is. williams wonder northern lights x mexican ruderalis. my idea of anything mexican would be a big ass mexican sativa. this "ruderalis" was a runt?

why is lowryder so small?
ive never seen normal non auto's this small, yet lowryder and all its hybrids are tiny buds on a stick.

raz1012

Well mexican sativas and ruderalis have very little in common. Ruderalis stays smaller because it has the autoflowering genetics. The words small and tiny don't really fit with the lastest generation of AF's as they range from 12"-30" and the bud production and density is very comparable to normal non-autos as well as potency. The benefits are that you only have to wait 60-75 days from seed to see the final result.

Yeah, the white dwarf I can definitely confirm is a frosty lil' bitch......Very potent lemon\pinesol\fuel smell to it. I've got some going now. 50 days in or so...

012-11.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts