What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Casey Jones Grow Along

L

LouDog420

Yep, full bags will go out, with no separating. Figure for males, 1/2 will be culled. Maybe another subpar female will be culled also before they go out... I'm expecting 2-3 plants per bag, with 3 or 2 bags per plot. Shooting for 6-9 plants per plot, with ~12SF/plot (2.5' x 4.5'). Spaced with 3 bags along the centerline of the plot, allowing a plant to grow to each side, and an extra to fill in the middle ;)

Really gotta know my female count before I can finalize anything though ...

I took a page from a book I read a while back called square foot gardening. It basically uses SOG principles for a maximum yield per area, as opposed to maxing out single plants. Figures 2SF/plant for tomatoes, so I go from there...

Planning some more isolated spots far away from where my plots were found last year, I've got some good feelings, good luck to you too!!

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey LouDog420, thanks for explaining that out a little more for me. Good luck with the plots this year and hopefully nobody goes anywhere near any of them. Stay safe and take care 1

L

LouDog420

Had some old posts magically reappear, so gonna save these and repost them in the CJ grow along before they play hide and seek again ;) Too bad it looks like everything but the original casey jones grow along has reappeared.... LMAO!

Smoke report and a few shots of some of the CJ phenos used in the CJ F2s and CJ x SB F1...

Ask and you shall receive. I've been slacking on the updates with this thread, spending most of my time in the CJ grow along...

They've all been chopped and have been sitting in the cure zone for a week or so. I've started smoke reports, it's just I have 9 phenos to search through, so it's taking some time.

I definitely still have some room for improvements and am really looking forward to the next run. This CJ is smoking great, but I think I still have a lot of room to improve!

As for the high on the CJ... I finished a smoke report for CJ 1, and here is what I had to write about it... Check out the grow along thread for the rest of them once I get them finished. I keep meaning to start my smoke reports, but then I end up smoking one of the CJ girls, and get very distracted, I really want nothing more than to jam on the guitar for a few hours.

Just as an general remark as I've smoked a few of the girls, they are energetic. I've been thrown into giggle fits and really have lots of fun playing music on these ladies. A nice energetic creative high. The crash is a bit strong 1.5 to 2 hours later, but that's what more CJ is for.
moon.gif

If you're looking for a smoke before bedtime, the CJ is not for you!

If you're looking for that daytime, I need to get some shit done smoke, the CJ is some real good stuff.

Smoke Report for CJ 1:
Done through a 2.5 foot bluedot water bong.

Taste: Unfortunately, I’m not the best at pinpointing a taste. I’m better with my sniffer, but here’s my shot. It’s a very mild, smooth taste already. There is a small hint of fuel which is strange because I can’t smell any, but mostly just green/hashy tasting (not the chlorophyll green either).

Smoke Expansion: Not expansive. I can take a massive rip and be just as comfortable as a smaller one. My sour bubble seems to blow up in your lungs, while this is quite a bit easier to smoke.

High Description: Zippy is a good word to describe it. My thoughts are zippy and so is my energy. A very interesting high. I feel more creative and actually have the energy to act on my creativity, as opposed to melting into my couch and merely thinking about it. 2 hits from the bong and I’m feeling peppy and happier. 4 hits and a nice grin has made its way across my face. 6 hits and we can call me stoned. She is mostly a head high, but there’s a nice warm tingle across the body too.

I know you like your sativas catman, and I think CJ is right up there. I haven't had much experience with them, but she crushes the C99 I had. Can't really compare her to the SB as they are two completly different smokes, but if I could imagine a sativa sour bubble like plant with super potency and a great high, it would come out a lot like these caseys have. I'd recommend her and heads seeds to absolutely anyone. I couldn't be happier!

Here's a few pics of my 2 favorite phenos so far....

CJ 8 - Not too stinky. Very sativa looking, large and lanky. Very nice lady.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:
L

LouDog420

CJ 4
picture.php

CJ 1, so frosty and fruity, but had some intersex tendencies... Huge yielder too, my favorite right behind my colored cut aside from the nanners
picture.php

woohoo.gif

GrownOut

HDGC
Veteran
I am tossing one of my CJ x SB females into flower this weekend. Cant wait to see how she does she is looking amazing so far in veg. Also expanding my veg areas so I will be able to get some more shots of all of them and they will start beasting out faster with more room. :D

L

LouDog420

woohoo.gif
Expanding is always fun, and I'll be real excited to see some of these girls starting to get flowered out

Still waiting for sexes on mine... Only sitting about 4 and 5 nodes high as they got the lame spot in the veg room ;) I'm seeing some very sour bubblish plants and some very casey plants too, so I think the variety is going to be lots of fun, and the smoke will be a blast to test out and determine who has a bit of who in them

Thinking I might do a large single CJ/SB outdoor plot with all my beans and try to document the ladies throughout the season... Shutting down the indoor op here after this run, so I will need something to keep me occupied!!

Good vibes bro, throw up some shots when ya can!

GrownOut

HDGC
Veteran
Yeah I needed to expand a long time ago. Going to get another tent in a week or so and have a nice permanent setup and a closet to do my breedering projects in and some veg space as well.

Sounds like an awesome plan. Wish I could do some outdoor here but its just not possible I have tried it before way back in the day but havent attempted it since. Cant wait to see yours.

I will definitely get some pics of em up as soon as I have them out. I got mostly females from what I popped as far as I can tell. I know the bigger ones are definitely female. Can wait to see how they do in flower should be interesting for sure. :cool:

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Whats up LouDog! Things looking good in here! Put around 6 or 7 CJxSB a week ago outdoors... Can't wait to go back there and check on them! I'll keep ya'll updated on them! :) Peace!

L

LouDog420

Good news buddah! Hope they take and grow big for ya!! Definitely keep us in the loop over here...

And GO, separate space for breeding projects, oh my that would be fun!! No more single branch pollinations and worrying about seeding the whole crop! Bring on the ladies
moon.gif

Have 2 SBx CJ ready for flower at the end of the month should be fun :) Gave away some of ur freebies in the 20pack seed to medical patients in the CO mountains... Cheers guys

GrownOut

HDGC
Veteran
I was doing some transplanting since I have some temporary veg space until my tent arrives. Found out I got 3 different pheno females in there right now. Not bad for 5 seeds popped and finding 3 females out of the 5. I think you did a damn good job with these bro. The females I got are fucking amazing looking too and super healthy. I am putting one into flower very soon.

L

LouDog420

Hey puerto, free the beans man, great to hear of you spreading the love! Hope the two end up being something special for ya!!

Hey GO, great to hear man! I'm starting to really like the looks of mine over here as well! I'm starting to see the combination of caseys fast growth and sour bubbles sturdy stature coming together perfectly... Tossed a few males at my bros place, but we still have 20+ left for outside ;)

I would be very surprised if you ran into the same pheno with only 5 beans due to the level of diversity :D 8 moms, unknown number of dads (at least 3). Many of the ladies as different as can be

That's why the packs are fat so a little searching can be done to find that special pheno. What's special to me, might not be for joe blow.

Keep that ganja green fellows
tiphat.gif

L

LouDog420

Since this is the casey jones grow along and not just a thread for CJ/SB... (Although all CJ/SB pics and info are more than welcomed!!)

... I popped 10 Casey Jones F2s for the beer cup challenge. Anyone worthy will get the open pollination, along with my colored cut... I can only imagine the resulting F3/BX will make their way to the bay eventually... Muahaha

And they're wet!
picture.php

L

LouDog420

f2s from johnny butt
moon.gif
Open pollination (OP as opposed to old pink ;)) of 9 females and 4 males from a pack of head dropped summer of '10... An S1 or two may have slipped through as well

Have something like 100 in the vault, so they will get going eventually even if these don't pop... Only 2 years old so we should be good. There were limited packs sent to the bay for freebies, and the only others I've seen surface is ambertrich rocking out a nice lady a while back... Thread's here in h3ads forum

tiphat.gif

Last edited:

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kick that green ass man! Loves me some casey jones! Will def be popping some of these soon, want to compare to the f3's I made from old pink's f2's ;)