What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best strains for southern grow

CaptainDankness

You can grow pretty much anything in the South only thing you have to worry about is mold. Well pests and deer too along with people who will steal plants or possibly report to police.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you've got a secure spot...

What CD said...

Otherwise plant several locations...
One for the critters
One for the law
One for the rippers
& One for you

Limeygreen

Veteran
Maybe some nice sativas, depending frost time, it seems Panama from CBG is appreciated by many outdoors finishing beginning of November more or less.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
In the deep south what you want most out of a strain is going to be mold resistance.

Generally that means there is a good deal of sativa lineage involved, but not always. Keep in mind also that with some indica dominant strains that flower at close to 14 and a half hours of daylight will start flowering fairly early on in the deep south -- which means less time vegging, and so smaller plants.

I highly recommend going with some of the strains from KC Brains. He's a Dutch breeder who breeds outdoor strains for overall vigor and mold resistance. They also tend to get pretty big, and the bud tends to be pretty nice.

I recommend for you, in order from (I think) most indica dominant to most sativa dominant: KC 36, Mango, Spontanica, KC 33, and Leda Uno.

I've only personally grown out the Spontanica and KC 33, but they were top notch and the rest are on my list.

I've never grown Blue Widow from Dinafem either, but it's an indica dominant strain that people claim is very mold resistant. Lots of good things have been said about it.

Remember: this is your first time growing outdoors. You may want to mediate your desire to grow indica strains for a year and focus more on getting a successful outdoor grow under your belt.

Be smart, be safe. Good luck!

B

bish0p

bagseed. get a grow under ur belt and then buy some genetics. jmo...