What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Joey Weed's C99?

LostTribe

Premium user
Update:
View Image

Smaller ones catching up a little now; starting to see the first traces of preflowers on the 5th node of the bigger ones. Can't tell sex for sure yet but likely within a couple days. Not much in the way of smell on the stems yet, but that's pretty consistent with what I recall from this stage with my JW Cindys back in the day.

Those look OLD SCHOOL C99 these are going on deck when I come back from Hiatus!

Update me please!

Good Luck!
LT

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Those leaves are authentic c99 bro... For real, this looks legit af! We ended up not going all out on the c99 like we planned, found a good deal on some other genetics and didn't wanna take the chance.

But boy did I fuck up... Hope he has more.

This is from the new stock, I assume??

Rakosnicek

Veteran
i've got 8 females in flower now and i can say that they're definitely from old bg stock

at least there's absolutely no sign of purple color and they're super fast - one phenotype is ready at 46 days, second at 50 and others need 55 max.

MountainBudz

Great news bro...

Thanks for putting that out there.

That is what I am looking for.

What is the problem with the new brothers Grimm c99? I have ran across various posts of people downing and criticizing it. Just curious if anyone has tried their new stuff?

IntotheGreen

Nice Rako! Just saw your pics on the other C99 thread - definitely looks like the Joey Weed Cindy I remember: color, bud shape, the slight upturn of the leaves. The quick finishing times too. Beautiful buds!

Here's some updated pics of mine now a few days onto 12/12. Germed 10 seeds, 4 females vegged about 2 months under two 315 CMH. They have been topped once with a little bit of LST to form an even canopy. Growth characteristics and appearance seem pretty spot on from the old days, except even more compact due to my upgraded lighting. Smells seem slightly different every day at this point lol but definitely picking up some more pineappley notes as well as the grapefruit, maybe 2 that lean each way, with some nice spicy muskiness to them all, again pretty on point to my previous experience.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Cindi99

I just heard back from HD. Brad stated that the seeds are not old stock, but instead are new stock from what he believes are the same genetics from before.

I’ve researched Cindy 99 for almost a year, but have only found positive reports a handful of times. Apparently, it is still possible to find a good pheno, but it is rare.

Maybe the reason that so many people are disappointed with the stock that is currently available, is that they are comparing it to the “hype” and when they feel that it is no “Holy grail”, they say that it is no good.

iTarzan

Meh - different folks, different strokes I guess. Obviously if you're an Indica all day every day plaster-me-to-the-couch kind of guy, Cindy probably isn't your cup of tea. Curious if you've smoked Joey Weed's version, which is the direct topic here? Maybe what you sampled in the past wasn't a great example of Cindy, since I can attest that not a single person who tried mine (on my first-ever couple grows btw) didn't at least say "WOW!" A fairly typical reaction that I got from several people was that they felt like they had just done a line of cocaine rather than smoked weed. Combine that effect with Cindy's compact growth, ease of SCROGing/training, and unique, memorable funky tropical smells, and you see why it has earned it's place as an indoor growing sativa-lover's dream. But that's just my two cents.

Did you keep a clone?

IntotheGreen

Did you keep a clone?

No, unfortunately not. Only had one small closet I was working with at the time and no space to keep a mother plant. I do have high expectations for these current plants though. They seem to be pretty close to Joey's old gear thus far. Managed to collect a little pollen from the males this time, so I'm gonna try to make a few seeds.

iTarzan

I have an old pack of Kaotic?? from Joey Weed. I never popped them.

I also have some Nuggetshiner Blazin Cindy that I remeber somehow being connected to Joey Weed C99. I should start popping more stuff instead of being all about clones now.

I need to go research Nuggetshiner. Did he do a good job on c99?

MountainBudz

What is the problem with the new brothers Grimm c99? I have ran across various posts of people downing and criticizing it. Just curious if anyone has tried their new stuff?

LostTribe

Premium user
i've got 8 females in flower now and i can say that they're definitely from old bg stock

at least there's absolutely no sign of purple color and they're super fast - one phenotype is ready at 46 days, second at 50 and others need 55 max.

Post them up! We really want to see! Sitting on a few packs!

LostTribe

Premium user
No, unfortunately not. Only had one small closet I was working with at the time and no space to keep a mother plant. I do have high expectations for these current plants though. They seem to be pretty close to Joey's old gear thus far. Managed to collect a little pollen from the males this time, so I'm gonna try to make a few seeds.

they look for real to me. If you decide you want to keep one you can leave a few buds on her up pot and return to veg lighting and within 3 weeks ought to start reveg!

IntotheGreen

Joey Weed C99 update at 2.5 weeks flowering

So far so good, buds are really starting to pack in now; several branches already requiring support from bud weight (Cindy has always been a floppy girl). Looks like they will definitely be the quick finishers I remember. Smells are becoming more pronounced, ranging from grapefruit/citrus to one that currently smells exactly like pink Starbursts. Here are a few shots of the densest and most resinous of the ladies, Cindy #2:

MountainBudz

I have asked this at least 3 times and no one seem a to want to answer me... but, what is the problem with Brother Grimm's current c99? I have not really looked into it but obviously people are still looking for the old c99 and me included. Cam someone please let me in????

rolandomota

0The new male is passing down traits the old cindy never had. And the traits the old cindy had are not being found in the new version mainly the pineapple terpenes. A cross of old and new cindy is in order or a new male should be chosen that has the sativa look nopurple and with floppy stems of course this is just an educated guess
Heres a quote from one person familiar with both versions other people have pretty much said the same
not in what i found & i scored the C99 from the breeder as soon as they were re-issued in early 2016 ..it's very good marijuana ...it's NOT like the original ... they went Dark purple on me and smelled like cat-piss ..
the grapefruit pheno is their from what i can remember another member saying i think it was the member lost tribe just no pineapple.