What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Save your lungs!

I purchased one of these herb vaping devices at a cannabis trade show recently. I've been researching them online and was eager to see them up close. The one I bought is called Wulfvape-SX. Cost me $80.

The deal with these is they do not burn or combust the flower as when using a conventional pipe, bong or smoking a rolled joint. It is this high heat combustion that releases most of the harmful carsinogens which you inevitably inhale along with the THC/CBD.

The vape device uses way less heat to "cook" the flower inside a small ceramic "oven". You are inhaling a mild vapor rather than a harsh smoke. It is way more pleasant an experience, I found. And you still get the full affect of the plant. In fact, you may get even more benefit since you're not frying the delicate trichomes in the process.

You control the heat using + - buttons on the side using a digital readout. It heats up in mere seconds and even shuts off if you have not used it after a few minutes. The lower heat is key to the vape process.

This picture shows the end results of using a pipe vs using the vape device. There is still a bit of unburned "green" flower present in the pipe residue. With a pipe, you burn from the top down so the bottom-most flower takes a while to get used up. You can see the pipe residue is nothing more than blackened ash. The rest is in your lungs!

image.jpg

With the vape device the end result is brown baked flower the looks and feels much like it was before you put it in. Clearly, the browned vape reside is preferable to the blackened ash from the pipe.

I urge you to take a good look at these vape devices. Save your lungs. Protect your health.

I am :joyous:

oldbootz

Veteran
Deluxberry is this how you choose to get your post count up? Why don't you contribute your personal experiences instead?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, MY25, I've tried several and still haven't found the best that suited my needs. A percolator seemingly suits my purpose, however with your review, I'll have to check out Wulfvape-SX. Hope it works long term for you!

rexamus616

Veteran
hey Mellowyellow25, how come there is still green bits left after your pipe?

over here we smoke until its ash!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rex,
Once trichs are gone... What's the point of ingesting further?

Mellow,
Save the used bud bits.
They can still make potent edibles.
An old roomy & I saved up about 1/4oz & put it in some brownies. Talk about sleeping! Hehehe

W

We Wait

If you have been pushing vaporizing over the last few years on ICMAG over smoking the herb, you are either stupid or you own a vaporizer company or are one those E-liquid tobacco stores and are shilling for them.

Smoking cannabis is no more harmful than vaping it. Cannabis does not cause cancer, whether vaped or smoked. I'd rather smoke my organic clean burning herb, then vape some chemical grown herb and these mystery oils.

I'm boycotting vaping. I have a vape but I prefer to take small hits on my glass pipe, call me old fashioned. Also joints are awesome. This whole vaping thing has become an abomination.

Marijuana is a non carcinogen. There are no carcinogens in marijuana smoke so everyone needs to stop comparing cannabis to the tobacco leaf that actually is carcinogenic on it's own. On top of that, they the companies spike it with 100 other dangerous chemicals on top of it being loaded with small amounts of plumonium that sticks in the tar from the chemical fertilizers. Who knows whats in these cannabis E- liquids could contain that the stores are so heavily pushing on everyone.

I'll be smoking on my clean burning organic homegrown herb and I can run 7 miles just fine.

Not everyone can handle vaporizer hits either and it's really bad if you have COPD. I find vapes too expandomatic, sometimes its like inhaling menthol, takes your breath away. Vapes make me cough too much.

Small hits on a glass pipe serve me well.

Last edited:

bigbadbiddy

I disagree :D

I have a volcano and still prefer smoking joints BUT I think vaping is superior and believe my preference for joints comes from years of the whole "ritual" thing as well as my addiction to nicotine.

Vaping is a clearly superior way to experience cannabis imho if for no other reason than the terpene experience of tastes and aromas.
You really can't compare that to any method based on combustion.

It is a lot "cleaner" and you can experience subtle nuances of terpene profiles in a way that is simply not possible through burning.

But it is a different form of ingesting and it does "hit differently". I would guess that anyone who powers through the initial phase of "meh, I like my joints better" will eventually agree that the vape is superior. It just takes a while because you are so used to joints or bongs. It's a change of pace and that takes your body time to adjust and feel as satisfied.

Just my 2 cents

W

We Wait

I disagree :D

I have a volcano and still prefer smoking joints BUT I think vaping is superior and believe my preference for joints comes from years of the whole "ritual" thing as well as my addiction to nicotine.

Vaping is a clearly superior way to experience cannabis imho if for no other reason than the terpene experience of tastes and aromas.
You really can't compare that to any method based on combustion.

It is a lot "cleaner" and you can experience subtle nuances of terpene profiles in a way that is simply not possible through burning.

But it is a different form of ingesting and it does "hit differently". I would guess that anyone who powers through the initial phase of "meh, I like my joints better" will eventually agree that the vape is superior. It just takes a while because you are so used to joints or bongs. It's a change of pace and that takes your body time to adjust and feel as satisfied.

Just my 2 cents

Bullshit, I get better flavor on my glass pipe.

The only thing combusted is your brain.

thing as well as my addiction to nicotine.

I quit nicotine a long time ago and you should to. It's called willpower.

Well bong hits are a whole nother thing. Not for everyone either. I don't do bong hits anymore. That was more like a youth thing or at a party.

It's a change of pace and that takes your body time to adjust and feel as satisfied.

Bullshit ^^

I'm gonna go smoke on my glass pipe and these new breed of vapor idiots, I really could care less. I just call them like I see them.

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
We wait, well, vaping, for me, generates a soft spacey feel, when vaping the same bud, compared to a genuine almost instant heavy stone generated by smoking it in a joint. I've never tried vaping bud and tobacco together, and I'll accept the combo may be important. But getting a machine out of a cupboard, plugging it in, waiting for it to heat up, setting it up, then waiting for it to cool down, then putting it away, isn't the same as sitting around chatting, and each building a joint, chilling and freely roaming around while toking. It seems clinical, but after 28 years of joints, to ask me to change is always going to be a futile exercise.

W

We Wait

Very good points GMT.

The only thing I do use the vape for is vaping my males with, so I'll give it a plus for that.

W

We Wait

Before vapes, we did hot knife hits on the stove top with a 2 liter soda bottle.

Wendull C.

Veteran
One thing about volcanos, your meds last much longer and you can use lower quality starting material and still get full flavor and effect.

For a person on a budget or with a heavy ingestion rate, this is priceless.

W

We Wait

One thing about volcanos, your meds last much longer and you can use lower quality starting material and still get full flavor and effect.

For a person on a budget or with a heavy ingestion rate, this is priceless.

They chew through weed.

Maybe a 1 hitter glass dugout could conserve though with a heat wand.

Wanna conserve, get a brass/glass dugout.

Also I notice the lower quality cannabis material, the less it vapes. Better just to make it last in a pipe.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
some of us have smoked longer than some of you have been alive and the damage from smoking is undeniable.

i love smoking joints, have for at least fifty years and hitting a vape isn't the pleasure joints provide, but i recently started vaping because i cough up too much phlegm after just one joint...yeah i smoked cigarettes during that time too until nine years back.

smoking is particulate matter whether or not carcinogens are involved is moot.

vaping accentuates subtle terpene profiles that combustion destroys. period.

do what tickles your fancy but don't try denying the truth where it is encountered.

peace out

W

We Wait

some of us have smoked longer than some of you have been alive and the damage from smoking is undeniable.

i love smoking joints, have for at least fifty years and hitting a vape isn't the pleasure joints provide, but i recently started vaping because i cough up too much phlegm after just one joint...yeah i smoked cigarettes during that time too until nine years back.

smoking is particulate matter whether or not carcinogens are involved is moot.

vaping accentuates subtle terpene profiles that combustion destroys. period.

do what tickles your fancy but don't try denying the truth where it is encountered.

peace out

Bullshit!

It was the cigs.

smoking is particulate matter whether or not carcinogens are involved is moot

No it's not. Smoking marijuana is the exception because the smoke is harmless. Do you not comprehend this?

Your whole post is total bullshit but you can believe what you want.

Truth. You run from the truth so what would you know weatherman.

You provide no facts other than your baseless opinion.

Marijuana smoke contains cancer eating compounds in the tar and there are plenty of facts to back this up on the web. Go search it yourself.

It's an expectorant also.

There is no Polonium in marijuana.

Quit comparing tobacco smoke to cannabis smoke. There is no comparison.

CANNABIS LUNG CLEANER AND EXPECTORANT

Cannabis is the best natural expectorant to clear the human lungs of smog, dust and the
phlegm associated with tobacco use. Marijuana smoke effectively dilates the airways of
the lungs, the bronchi, opening them to allow more oxygen into the lungs. It is also
the best natural dilator of the tiny airways of the lungs, the bronchial tubes - making
cannabis the best overall bronchial dilator for 80% of the population (the remaining
20% sometimes show minor negative reactions). (See section on asthma - a disease that
closes these passages in spasms - UCLA Tashkin studies, 1969-97; U.S. Costa Rican,
1980-82; Jamaican studies 1969-74, 76.) Statistical evidence - showing up consistently
as anomalies in matched populations - indicates that people who smoke tobacco
cigarettes are usually better off and will live longer if they smoke cannabis
moderately, too. (Jamaicna, Costa Rican studies.) Millions of Americans have given up
or avoided smoking tobacco products in favor of cannabis, which is not good news to the
powerful tobacco lobby - Senator Jesse Helms and his cohorts. A turn-of-the-century
grandfather clause in U.S. tobacco law allows 400 to 6,000 additional chemicals to be
added. Additions since then to the average tobacco cigarette are unknown, and the
public in the U.S. has no right to know what they are. Many joggers and marathon
runners feel cannabis use cleans their lungs, allowing better endurance. The evidence
indicates that cannabis use will probably increase these outlaw American
marijuana-users' lives by about one to two years - yet they may lose their rights,
property, children, state licenses, etc., just for using that safest of substances:
cannabis.

Last edited:

positivity

Veteran
Spliffs for me. But I twist about 2 a day. If more, than probably best to add some vaping to the mix. Vaping seems to give me a spacey, heady high for whatever reason. Ymmv
Vape is great for discreet smoking when out and about, but not quite the same.
It was always obvious being someone always involved in strenuous type things, cigs slow you down much more than herb. Not to mention its much harder to moderate cig smoking vs herb. Few days without cigs the lungs quickly open up, herb never seemed to hold me back much
Did meet a friend whose dad had copd from longtime heavy spliff toking. First account I’ve heard of that myself that I trust the source. It is counter to some reports of actual improved lung function on joint smoking, of course hard to believe...
So for me like everything else moderation is key. Smoking too much spliffs then yes you’d probably be wise to change a portion to vaping. But theres nothing like the real thing. Keep track of your lung health through exercise and consume spliffs in a common sense manner.
Best vape experience for me is my arizer with the bottom bowl packed with a few grams. Probably use twice as much herb when I vape since its always cooking and some goes to waste. And no, I’m not smoking from a balloon...lol, no offense to those that do, I find it funny....and I could very well end up in a wheelchair with a oxy tank and a balloon. Non issue when you grow your own but could be a big problem when your buying. Still prefer the spliff though. Taste AND high is better and nobodys guarranteed tomorrow. Just keep track of your lungs. Feel heavy, then slow down or vape

BudToaster

Veteran
i'm a bit of a vape fanatic. i make my own for the last 18 years. preferred a glass pipe for the 32 years previous to that. i only vape herb from a known grower and never that PG/VG cannabis juice ... don't know what's really in it / not how i want to go out.

i find vaped herb to be sublime.