What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

Sunshineinabag

Now that's a birth I can stare at all day! I'm gonna just let these thunder skunk go on a check on me once every 10 days kinda mindset..........I would prefer my (limit) to be used on suggestions made here by you guys who I admire a lot more than anyone on a local level! I don't personally know any Vermonters here from the site, YET! My biggest issue so far is being able to change my set up to embrace diff feeding types of cultivars. I have a few extras coins I was looking to throw aces way next week. Princess, Panama and what do u guys say about a Malawi!? Thinking of taking either a medicine man (mr nice w African lineage as well?) or the Malawi to keep in veg and take clones from for folks here in my area who want to take thier outdoor gardens to the next level of vigor, potency, and overall gorgeousness!

led05

Chasing The Present
You been in VT your entire life!? May I ask u a question!? I grew up going to tumbridge worlds fair, craftsbury fiddlers contest and mtn man pig roasts.........where the FUK did our skunk lines go that all my neighbors were growing in wok ot back in the 80's? I don't know why but I'm DREAMING lucidly about this cultivar, at 45 I must see it again please![/qu

skunk died off mid 80's / early 90's at latest depending on who you knew, I first and last saw it @ 1990/91 growing, Buddies Biker pops was growing the lime green golf ball version, apparently there was a few iterations of RKS..... The smell was such a threat it seemed everyone moved away from it IMO ultimately and it vanished...

Peace

LungCooking

odd to see seeds so immature popping out that much, hope they end viable for ya buddy

i get that a lot, they all get done like that

after one of those seeds turned mature and was planted became this :biggrin:

Au1owZy.jpg

stem rub smells like sandalwood

Ktaadn

skunk died off mid 80's / early 90's at latest depending on who you knew, I first and last saw it @ 1990/91 growing, Buddies Biker pops was growing the lime green golf ball version, apparently there was a few iterations of RKS..... The smell was such a threat it seemed everyone moved away from it IMO ultimately and it vanished...

Peace

I remember the lime green golf ball version. It was around in Maine until at least '96.

Dankwolf

Peace

Last Time I burned smoe real lime green skunk goldeness was around 2010 . she was lost due to error . had bug issue and throw out plants thinking she was backed up at a buddies . she was not . wish I even had a pic left but back then it was not wise to have photos or document grows. Some one has to still have her in the nw I am sure but dought she would be handed out .

JohnnyChicago

for the repro yes.... looking all good and better than last time...
for my "acid" selection i go with max two boy's is the plan...
there are two boy's that smelling strong hazy metallic...the lime and mint green... and have also two lime/mint girls...
if the effect is what i want than i go on with those and try to make a "acid" selection...
to me most of this commercial strains are to low... ;-)
i'm to old for all of this ..
need more psychedelic electric raw power...
it's there... but you have to dig deep this day's to find it ...
i'll try now my best with the last THH beans i had...
before it get lost... not a true pure haze on marked now...
last two pack of Flying Dutchman O-Haze where all hybrids...
bought them @ the source in Amsterdam... very very disappointing
all other haze offerings from Nirvana, Homegrown..., Sativa Seedbank TFD ... are tested and all are hybrids with indica genes in it :-(
all these dutch seed banks fucked up all the old seed lines ... nothing is what it was before... cross-pollination everywhere ... and if you confront them with the truth and show the results they don't care because they sell enough to tourist's and unknown growers... no fear because it's forbidden in most countries ...

here is my last TFD O-Haze lol... nothing to do with haze... all the genetics they sell are fucked up... old stock was ok...
yes there is little haze in this plant... you can smell it... but the rest is full indica dome like a Afghan... i just grow it to show them the mess again... because it wasted my time and money...
View Image

have some more examples but not @ my desk yet...
another question that always pop's up while talking about true haze...
where is the o-haze in the phylos galaxy ???
i really wonder why there is no o-haze from sam...
but that's not the thread for this talk... want just let you know ;-)
happy growin'
M.:tiphat:

Thanks MadMac for preserving the THH/PositonicsHaze!! Did the same with Seedsman Original Haze in 2015. Have plenty of these little seeds/bags :)

I have been asked for samples of my O-Hazes for dna-testing in the past, so you can be sure that someone is doing extensive dna tests somewhere, maybe not on phylos, but it's being done for sure. But if the results don't show up soon I will send samples to phylos myself.

picture.php

Sunshineinabag

Peace

I gotta hope between myself and Dankwolf I can get something hopefully closer to the golf balls of goo! I don't know why they went away from it, all we did was say a skunk was spooked and sprayed the house! We have a family of skunks that live under the porch! I hope it's not lost forever .....that would really destroy my dream of seeing it again!:biggrin:

led05

Chasing The Present
anybody claiming to have skunk in here after early 1990's for those really in the know, know it's BS.. sorry..... I'll wait for the truth to rise, I was questioned and I do even myself seeing it as late as 1990..... but if you think you had it in 2010, cheers to that.... Are you old enough to have experienced it in 1970's/80's is usually the barometer the old heads ask.... fwiw

I'm not trying to be offensive, just real.....

MadMac - what are you going to hit with the SMG gold I shared? It sucks I can't send some more things, and it sucks your handcuffed too for time being...... ;( It's just a temporary block though, we will get where we need to be bro ;)

Vermontman - them are some nice plants for a winter grow in the green mountains... cough, sub tropics...... I still need to try me some of your gear bro, when there's space

Wally - that MH x Zamadelica is much more than I expected, still drooling over your Laos too though..... wondering why I didn't get her pure. restrictions? Herm? do tell bro?

Last edited:

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I dont understand the whole "lost" skunk thing.... Its just a pure narcotic potency afghani... Loud heineken smelling skunk beer... 1 bowl hit, and you'll be sleeping, or dumbfounded to the fullest. Years never had anything to do with it.. It never left... Even the blueberry I ran from seedsman would qualify as a fullblown roadkill. I smelled a little indoor 2-3oz plant almost a football field away outside.
Im almost certain if I was looking for that smell and high it wouldnt be hard in some blueberry lines leaning to afghani instead of thai..... or some fast skunk.... afghani skunk....... Keep every plant you run... and run it until its done right... Judge who stunk the most and make s1 and hunt for the amplified version..... and keep buying more packs of that seed until you replace your keeper. Its like the lottery, and most people are throwing away winning tickets better than the old stuff/originals.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Thanks MadMac for preserving the THH/PositonicsHaze!! Did the same with Seedsman Original Haze in 2015. Have plenty of these little seeds/bags :)

I have been asked for samples of my O-Hazes for dna-testing in the past, so you can be sure that someone is doing extensive dna tests somewhere, maybe not on phylos, but it's being done for sure. But if the results don't show up soon I will send samples to phylos myself.

View Image

I totally agree, over the years I threw time and money to buy and cultivate haze seeds that (although sometimes they gave me excellent weed) were not true haze, only hybrids...no true original haze on market. ..fortunately, after several years I received some seeds of original haze(THANKS ;) ), as soon as possible I will reproduce in pure form.
It's a shame to lose these historical and important strains...
Keep them pure & alive

Dankwolf

anybody claiming to have skunk in here after early 1990's for those really in the know, know it's BS.. sorry..... I'll wait for the truth to rise, I was questioned and I do even myself seeing it as late as 1990..... but if you think you had it in 2010, cheers to that.... Are you old enough to have experienced it in 1970's/80's is usually the barometer the old heads ask.... fwiw

MadMac - what are you going to hit with the SMG gold I shared? It sucks I can't send some more things, and it sucks your handcuffed too for time being...... ;( It's just a temporary block though, we will get where we need to be bro ;)

Vermontman - them are some nice plants for a winter grow in the green mountains... cough, sub tropics...... I still need to try me some of your gear bro, when there's space

Wally - that MH x Zamadelica is much more than I expected, still drooling over your Laos too though..... wondering why I didn't get her pure. restrictions? Herm? do tell bro?

Your cool :comfort:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran

shes a fine lady ledo ,
im very happy with her too ,
real nice plant man ,

the laos i have only a few originals left ,

i made more , but the male turned hermie ,
so im unsure if those seeds are ok ,
some folks have insisted on some and will grow them i suspect ,
and report back ,

i will strike the remaining laos seeds soon in search of a stable male , at least one would be nice ...

MadMac

far beyond driven...
hehe the best Tom Hill haze girl i'll find :peacock:

many thx my friend it will all be good soon!

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
hehe the best Tom Hill haze girl i'll find :peacock:

many thx my friend it will all be good soon!
hey mr mac ,
i have a tom hills haze hybrid your gonna love actually ,
ill get a shot later on for you ,
took one look at it and thought of you man ....

ill explain when i get the pic ...

B

Bucket-Bong

this girl never changes much for me ,
i spend a lot of time in that green house ,

but ive had to bend both tops down several times now ,
so i guess its growing ,,, lol ..

the tips are starting to bulk up with pistils ,
so we are on the final leg at least ...

View Image

View Image

Howdy Wal, she’s in no hurry eh :biggrin:

Cannot wait to see how she flowers up.

Cheers Legend.

B

Bucket-Bong

(Wifi x Mullum-Oaxacan aka WOX) x A5/Mirakel Thai

(Wifi x Mullum-Oaxacan aka WOX) x A5/Mirakel Thai

Last edited:

Sunshineinabag

I dont understand the whole "lost" skunk thing.... Its just a pure narcotic potency afghani... Loud heineken smelling skunk beer... 1 bowl hit, and you'll be sleeping, or dumbfounded to the fullest. Years never had anything to do with it.. It never left... Even the blueberry I ran from seedsman would qualify as a fullblown roadkill. I smelled a little indoor 2-3oz plant almost a football field away outside.
Im almost certain if I was looking for that smell and high it wouldnt be hard in some blueberry lines leaning to afghani instead of thai..... or some fast skunk.... afghani skunk....... Keep every plant you run... and run it until its done right... Judge who stunk the most and make s1 and hunt for the amplified version..... and keep buying more packs of that seed until you replace your keeper. Its like the lottery, and most people are throwing away winning tickets better than the old stuff/originals.

I'm gonna work with dankwolf on this! I don't wanna inundate this BEAUTIFUL thread with my troubleshooting/learning process in case it's offensive to some. I was given some options to chase after so I can start my search, I'm going to private message you these and maybe ask for your insight!

Good morning R.U.S.T members! I have a limit in my state but I'm sooo cough,,,driven to succeed that I feel like I need to have folks babaysitting cultivars for me ...this is how I get around my limit. So far we are going ace, anything that's gifted for my sativa outdoor...........inside will be my skunk chase with one dankonomics roblochon with has a Florida 92' I've heard good things about. Wanted to thank the longstanding members 1. For being so candid.
2. It's nice to see such experiance and wisdom having ZERO toxicity!
3. I'm 44 right now....I feel like I can give this cultivar a good 15 years of SERIOUS work to see what I can do with her. I was born in early 70's, that's how I thought up my name, dad would go to his buddies house, whom worked the piers on Rhode Island areas..........would bring back a lid of sunshine in a bag .....it's been many moons since I've seen GOLDEN BUDS! I'd like to give back to this cultivar by learning from experianced, patient, kind folks so in doing it justice instead of hurting it or setting its progress back out of ignorance. I'm here and can dedicate more time than most because I'm collecting a pension

now.:dance013:

Latest posts

Latest posts