What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pure Gooey

J

jaded1

Really enjoyed all the pure gooey I've ran even if most of the girls were from some stray berry mania herm pollen!Favourite was a plant that had the smell and taste of the old red seal hash from the 80/90's.
picture.php

rolandomota

Veteran
I'm very interested In this pure gooey has anyone grow it this damn thing the clone this strain is based on is my age it has been around since 85 I think and available to purchase in seed form for more than ten years I just really like it

It's up their for sure I just wish I didn't have to buy weed so much 😫 but when I do harvest I can maybe have some funds to buy my seeds I keep coming back to.
He's on Instagram very active his seed brand is cannaexotics dude is feeling like he might retire soon because he feels he's not getting enough attention and sales
Here's a quote from instagram two days ago this is purely for information purposes no advertisements here.....,

from gooeybreeder "Well, it seems that the work I’ve done and do now has reached its apex. Due to I’m sure more than any one factor, economic, over saturated market, boredom with the work, and I’m sure maybe other things, Matt tells me sales aren’t there anymore these days. Other reps haven’t restocked( in part I’m sure due to Matt’s strict directives these days) and so I’m wondering if I’ve run my course. People move on and expand, all good things. I just wonder what general public thinks in regards to this and my work. As I age I have to balance breeding with overall life and as such, if folks don’t need my work anymore, maybe it’s time I just fade away into the mist of time. Now don’t get me wrong, I love my work and would continue on, but if I’ve had my run, I’ll accept it. I welcome input. 🤛👨🏻‍🦳

Last edited:

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
For anyone interested, Gooey Breeder has a batch of S1 Mom Gooey (Mom Gooey x Mom Gooey) available. These are untested S1 seed.

I grabbed some just because Gooey Breeder is one of the last of the true breeders out there. His work and reputation are both top notch. Mom Gooey is a 39 year old plant…made from old school genetics that you just can’t find anywhere anymore

HB.

Joey Bliss

For anyone interested, Gooey Breeder has a batch of S1 Mom Gooey (Mom Gooey x Mom Gooey) available. These are untested S1 seed.

I grabbed some just because Gooey Breeder is one of the last of the true breeders out there. His work and reputation are both top notch. Mom Gooey is a 39 year old plant…made from old school genetics that you just can’t find anywhere anymore

HB.
He’s got lots of his work for sale. In seed form at genetics supply.com. I got a few. Pack of the NorCal gooey x king banner. Gives em that F1 vigor with amazing genetics

romanoweed

Watch out if you try reproduce pure Gooey on its own, the Line is heavily depressed, i failed twice to produce viable seed, wasted 200 Dollars therefore..

I did this in cold , low-sunshine climate, but hey, i managed to finish a Vietnamese Genetic next to them, pure gooey leans thiwards mold , fouling, or when pollinated, it almost doesent form seed, was it because the male was to lame, i cant say, but i can say give em good conditions, no low-sunshine in autumn, no overhumid enviroment. No coldness.

The buds looked sweet, dont missunderstand, i wanted it, but yeah..

Joey Bliss

Watch out if you try reproduce pure Gooey on its own, the Line is heavily depressed, i failed twice to produce viable seed, wasted 200 Dollars therefore..

I did this in cold , low-sunshine climate, but hey, i managed to finish a Vietnamese Genetic next to them, pure gooey leans thiwards mold , fouling, or when pollinated, it almost doesent form seed, was it because the male was to lame, i cant say, but i can say give em good conditions, no low-sunshine in autumn, no overhumid enviroment. No coldness.

The buds looked sweet, dont missunderstand, i wanted it, but yeah..
Thanks for your advice. I plan on making a cross using the NCG x kings banner as the backbone

romanoweed

indoors its probably no problem, but good to have another Strain growing next to it and pollinate it with,

St. Phatty

Gooey didn't make the afgooey,was 1 of his friends who made that cross Emporotamia. Gooey is still active on 1 of the other forums

Sounds like Gooey and Afghooey are related.

I bought Afghooey once from a dispensary in SF, it was REALLY GOOD.

Joey Bliss

Thanks for the heads up. Yeah I’ll grow pure gooey to smoke and gift to my uncles. Love Louie Dom aka king Louie 13 x Joseph OG. Is a amazing smoke that not easily obtained add Bruce banner to the Louie dom. And I was sold. He has many varieties x to the kings banner so it must of been a good one for him. I never make seeeds until I’ve grown out a full pack or more of the gear I want use. you def need to know what u working with before u start dust up plants. Albeit I be had a few good ones that accidentally pollinated but. This season all males are being turn to FPJ just gonna get a idea the grow and structure so I have a better idea come winter to get the tent ready to make seeds. Ain’t gonna lie had a freebie pack of Copa genetics the Local AOGf2 x mendo purps x Z. All 5 popped in like 24 hours and 3 were female. They were amazing plants to grow and smoke. Not much nutes needed and the nose on the AOG dom oheno was more OG then todays OG like the kush from late 90s

Joey Bliss

Thanks for the heads up. Yeah I’ll grow pure gooey to smoke and gift to my uncles. Love Louie Dom aka king Louie 13 x Joseph OG. Is a amazing smoke that not easily obtained add Bruce banner to the Louie dom. And I was sold. He has many varieties x to the kings banner so it must of been a good one for him. I never make seeeds until I’ve grown out a full pack or more of the gear I want use. you def need to know what u working with before u start dust up plants. Albeit I be had a few good ones that accidentally pollinated but. This season all males are being turn to FPJ just gonna get a idea the grow and structure so I have a better idea come winter to get the tent ready to make seeds. Ain’t gonna lie had a freebie pack of Copa genetics the Local AOGf2 x mendo purps x Z. All 5 popped in like 24 hours and 3 were female. They were amazing plants to grow and smoke. Not much nutes needed and the nose on the AOG dom oheno was more OG then todays OG like the kush from late 90s
Keep a eye out for Copa Genetics and Norstar. Seeds and Haze man seeds. They have amazing top quality genetics with blue collar prices and I’ve found a keeper in almost Every pack. Plus IMO I believe they give out their best freebies so u will return to purchase more. It worked. I dropped all ideas of over spending on the cookies vault. Hell nah I’m 42 ain’t a hybrid beast and most hype cuts suck ass n give u shit. For a harvest. I’m a sucker for catpiss o. A skunk terps. Call me crazy

Thcvhunter

Veteran
I met Gooey Breeder at Emerald Cup a half decade ago.
Real chill dude. We chatted about Hawaiian, military and cannabis, and more. I hope he's still around.

I had the 40yr old mom clone. She was about 34yrs old when I got her.
She grew kind of dwarf style from being so old. I passed clones around the Olympia, WA area.
Very cool colors, smells, and a unique surfer buzz. Indoor and outdoor she performed well and had good density, good resistance, and that sativa buzz with the goofy grin.

I bred her to High Voltage from Snowhigh and this cross did real well by people I knew in Grass Valley and Placerville. A few growers said that was their new favorite for their outdoor full term and light-dep operations

I talked to people in Laytonville and they said Goo Mom and Afgooey have a few sisters and nieces that go around. All the ones I tried were excellent and I can see why these clones stayed around for so long.

Is gooeybreeder a active member anywhere online so I could ask him about these 1987 afgoo seeds I popped and will be making more with the male and female I luckily found in 2 seeds!
Look up gooeybreeder on IG that's a grower for him. The canna exotics seed bank where I got mine. Sure theirs more info there. Hope that helps.

THCity

I just got a cut of this completely unintentional (she came for free with a purchase from a friend who’s closing up shop) so I’m looking to find a bit more information on it before I mom her out & add her to the library

THCity

I met Gooey Breeder at Emerald Cup a half decade ago.
Real chill dude. We chatted about Hawaiian, military and cannabis, and more. I hope he's still around.

I had the 40yr old mom clone. She was about 34yrs old when I got her.
She grew kind of dwarf style from being so old. I passed clones around the Olympia, WA area.
Very cool colors, smells, and a unique surfer buzz. Indoor and outdoor she performed well and had good density, good resistance, and that sativa buzz with the goofy grin.

I bred her to High Voltage from Snowhigh and this cross did real well by people I knew in Grass Valley and Placerville. A few growers said that was their new favorite for their outdoor full term and light-dep operations

I talked to people in Laytonville and they said Goo Mom and Afgooey have a few sisters and nieces that go around. All the ones I tried were excellent and I can see why these clones stayed around for so long.
I got her from a buddy up in WA 🤔

Bona Fortuna

I bred her to High Voltage from Snowhigh and this cross did real well by people I knew in Grass Valley and Placerville. A few growers said that was their new favorite for their outdoor full term and light-dep operations.
If you don’t mind me asking, when about was this?
There were some utterly fantastic crosses with the gooey roaming about in late 2000’s and early 2010’s Placerville. They were always in high demand and the flowers never sat around for very long.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
If you don’t mind me asking, when about was this?
There were some utterly fantastic crosses with the gooey roaming about in late 2000’s and early 2010’s Placerville. They were always in high demand and the flowers never sat around for very long.
2014-2017
Got the clone in late 2014 and passed it on. Started rejuvenating her right away.
Did more clones and crossed her in 2015, spread out seeds that summer from my indoor, more seeds from outdoor that winter.
Last run with her, pure, was 2017, when I gave it to Wintergreens.
Did a (NCG x High Voltage) x High Voltage in 2018 in Napa California. Those got around Grass Valley / Placerville through a spider-monkey mountain chick Id see every once in a while. Fetched the highest price on her farms out there.

If it was before 2014, then it was grom the guys around Laytonville and Covelo.

Bona Fortuna

Ahhh no way haha, there is an extremely high likely hood that I may have grown one of your crosses or clones around 2015/16/17 that was passed around. Can’t say for sure though, it’s been a fairly long time and there were many hundreds of varieties handled in that time period. Remembering all the names of the varieties would be a serious task haha.

Those were the wild years leading up to the recreational switch. I remember everyone growing massive amounts of plants to sell for medical. One of our farms in eastern Placerville was basically all gooey and gooey crosses that we had been fortunate enough to have shared with us.
100% correct, high prices and the dispensaries would buy the gooey before mostly anything else. Stood heads above any Green Ribbon, Green Crack, OG and other mainstream varieties of that time. The gooey is sorely missed.

I’ve mostly stepped away from the scene after recreational, so I don’t know if the gooey is still around, but I know the people in my circle lost her many moons ago. For a while, around 2019 there was an Afgooey/Afgoo around that was damn good, but it wasn’t the same as the gooey being passed around earlier in the decade.

Last edited:
I just got a cut of this completely unintentional (she came for free with a purchase from a friend who’s closing up shop) so I’m looking to find a bit more information on it before I mom her out & add her to the library
Brother look up gooeybreeder on Instagram he's got killer plants! I talked to him for a couple months and he sent me 5 crosses! ⛽🔥 I'm overly excited to run them!
Ahhh no way haha, there is an extremely high likely hood that I may have grown one of your crosses or clones around 2015/16/17 that was passed around. Can’t say for sure though, it’s been a fairly long time and there were many hundreds of varieties handled in that time period. Remembering all the names of the varieties would be a serious task haha.

Those were the wild years leading up to the recreational switch. I remember everyone growing massive amounts of plants to sell for medical. One of our farms in eastern Placerville was basically all gooey and gooey crosses that we had been fortunate enough to have shared with us.
100% correct, high prices and the dispensaries would buy the gooey before mostly anything else. Stood heads above any Green Ribbon, Green Crack, OG and other mainstream varieties of that time. The gooey is sorely missed.

I’ve mostly stepped away from the scene after recreational, so I don’t know if the gooey is still around, but I know the people in my circle lost her many moons ago. For a while, around 2019 there was an Afgooey/Afgoo around that was damn good, but it wasn’t the same as the gooey being passed around earlier in the decade.
He's on Instagram Brother! Still killing it! 💯🔥 @Gooeybreeder
Damn Good guy! He's kept the pure Gooey mom for 40 years