What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica - The Search for Trip Weed

bigherb

Veteran
Thaibliss

I seen you been busy lately ,I love the lineup you have goin

Those Colas are forming Nice ,Im sure the pics dont do her justice . Hope you find the Pheno to take you on the trip you are lookin for

1luvbigherb

G

gloryoskie

ThaiBliss, thanks fur the interest in my plants. I love, love the
narrow leaf cannabis.

As a hobby grower I am however limited by the small boxes I grow in.

Lst is the best method for my plants, and I have only three types,
Sam's thunk, his o haze x skunk, and Dubi's Zamaldelica.*

The thunk is my go to to smoke, but after a 3 month sweat
the Zamaldelica is a close second. I still have seeds
to crack and will cross Zamaldelica to Zamaldelica.

Sam's thunk is a nice smoke. Have you tried it?

*To be honest, I grow some broadleaf too, but as a breeding
tool for peeps. All flowered 11/13, vegged 14/10.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
ThaiBliss, thanks fur the interest in my plants. I love, love the
narrow leaf cannabis.

As a hobby grower I am however limited by the small boxes I grow in.

Lst is the best method for my plants, and I have only three types,
Sam's thunk, his o haze x skunk, and Dubi's Zamaldelica.*

The thunk is my go to to smoke, but after a 3 month sweat
the Zamaldelica is a close second. I still have seeds
to crack and will cross Zamaldelica to Zamaldelica.

Sam's thunk is a nice smoke. Have you tried it?

*To be honest, I grow some broadleaf too, but as a breeding
tool for peeps. All flowered 11/13, vegged 14/10.

Hi Gloryoskie,

Sounds like you've got a good collection of strains. I was at a local Hempfest in 2012 and was asking a vendor if they had any Thai. I got turned on to a Thai x Skunk strain. The festival location was in a farmer's field, and I think it had cattle in it over the year. Their hooves made lots of divots. For the rest of the evening I was walking awkwardly stepping into divots and misjudging where the firm ground was. Later, someone else turned me on to some of the best tasting weed I had smoked in a decade, but it did not budge at all how high I was from that Thai x Skunk. That was some real good weed. If the Zamaldelica is as good as that, I would not be disappointed at all.
:biggrin:

Thanks for the info,

ThaiBliss

G

gloryoskie

The Zamaldelica is as good as that, I have layered different
buds in a day's smoking and most buds won't even budge a
good Thai high. Maybe just slow you down a little.

You will love the Zamaldelica. I will pop more of my beans
to see more pheno possibilities.

I'm interested to experience some of what Terpine had in his
varied selections.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Im glad you like the Zamaldelica gloryoskie :) Sam's skunk haze is a great and classic sativa hybrid, you have a great sativa selection there!

Thank you all for your great comments about thais and african landraces, i still remember the great and detailed Derrayld's descriptions about the different south african landraces at overgrow site :)

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

It has been a while since my last update. I've skimmed through the last couple of pages to catch myself up, and I'd would like to thank everyone for contributing to this thread. There have been many interesting posts.

:thank you:

I repotted the Zamaldelicas in bigger pots and placed them in my vacated flowering cabinet to try and get a little more size to them before I flower. They have responded and are large enough that I believe they will fill out the flowering side of my cabinet. Roots are bursting out of the drainage holes. They may even be constricted again in a weeks time!

They don't look like they are healthy enough to have grown so fast. I usually like to have my plants looking very healthy at the start of flowering, then have them fade to yellow as they flower as a result of restricted nitrogen. I have failed. They do not seem to like my hydro set up, and the way that I have been treating them. However, the best weed I ever grew looked very yellowish and had easily burned sickly looking leaves. The exception are the roots. They seem exceptionally vigorous. Hmmm... I'd say that is a very good sign.

Here they are. The first pic is ZD2 on the left, and ZD1 on the right:
picture.php

It looks more crowded than it is with those mirrors I use. :biggrin:

Here is a close up of a lower branch on ZD2:
picture.php

ZD2 Leaf Shot:
picture.php

I have come to favor ZD2. It is starting to have similar Mango sweet flowery perfume aromas like ZD1 has had. ZD1 has straightened out gender wise to female, but has some lower branches with full blown male flowers, likely due to my growing skills as of yet with this strain. I'm going to see if I can control the males by pinching them off as they mature. I may have to remove it if it gets out of control, but I would very much like to see some female buds on it if I can.

As I said before, they smell of sweet mangos and spring flowers, but also menthol, carrots, and medicine. Very interesting!

They go to 12/12 light cycle today, and I'm taking a couple of cuttings from each. I'm going to put in a male Purple Haze Thai cut also to get a few seeds from each plant in case I lose them. I have not yet tested the male, but I have a daughter from it in my drying tray that is looking very promising.

Happy Growing to All,

ThaiBliss

idiit

Veteran
The exception are the roots. They seem exceptionally vigorous

my zamal pheno out of zamaldelica was very vigorous. the roots were gorgeous and exhibited lots of vigor. they were also prone to grow in the air space between the pot and the potting mix in an exceptional and beautiful manner.

my zamalish hybrids exhibit very nice vigor as well. great genetics!

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

A couple of days in flowering, and the plants have greened up and exploded in growth. I'm starting to think that this strain does not like the 24 hour constant light in my veg cabinet. They got more heat, a bigger pot, and brighter light about a week ago. If anything, they started to look worse. The nutrient in the hydro has been the same. The only thing that has changed in the past two days is the light cycle.

:chin:

ThaiBliss

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
I had my first Zamal/ThaiXNevill's Haze joint last night from a plant I pollinated when it was 8" tall and it just went to seed, stopped growing. So only one joint for a taster and quickly dried at that, but it had a very strong and trippy high. I can't wait to see what a fully grown and properly, dried and cured bud will do.
The other short Zamal plants flowering have been on 12/12 for 9 weeks and are loaded with trichomes dripping with resin and look like they will go another two or three weeks. The tall stretchy pheno's look like they will be going another couple of months, very slow putting on flowers and very stretched out even though they were put into flower when only 4" tall.
I can now totally see why people report so positively on the strength and high of Zamal, such a nice change from the smoke normally found in this area of California.
To me, it is the most like the high the Thai Sticks I first smoked in the early 70's had, where people who smoked a little pinner were asking what the joint was adulterated with.
Great thread ThaiBliss

12trinity

HI Thai Bliss
Nice , I also have recently looking for a trippy strain , I also like the racy strains as well
But I havent grown any, So the hunt begins.
Any suggestions welcome.
nice post

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
I had my first Zamal/ThaiXNevill's Haze joint last night from a plant I pollinated when it was 8" tall and it just went to seed, stopped growing. So only one joint for a taster and quickly dried at that, but it had a very strong and trippy high. I can't wait to see what a fully grown and properly, dried and cured bud will do.
The other short Zamal plants flowering have been on 12/12 for 9 weeks and are loaded with trichomes dripping with resin and look like they will go another two or three weeks. The tall stretchy pheno's look like they will be going another couple of months, very slow putting on flowers and very stretched out even though they were put into flower when only 4" tall.
I can now totally see why people report so positively on the strength and high of Zamal, such a nice change from the smoke normally found in this area of California.
To me, it is the most like the high the Thai Sticks I first smoked in the early 70's had, where people who smoked a little pinner were asking what the joint was adulterated with.
Great thread ThaiBliss

Glad to see another regular who got to see the scary of the regular Zamaldelica line. ;) Let the stretchy phenos run till they stop throwing out white hairs all together. They're going to be the ones that have most wow factor. The dense ones will be very potent, energetic yet paralyzing and "african-malawi" high, if that makes sense. You're probably looking at 15-17 weeks for the spindly ones, but if you're looking to be terrified, it will be worth it. They should finish off about like this:

picture.php

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Hi Randy,

... it had a very strong and trippy high.

I'm glad to hear it. Especially since I have a couple in the oven right now.

The other short Zamal plants flowering have been on 12/12 for 9 weeks and are loaded with trichomes dripping with resin...

Can you imagine if the better looking ones are better than "very strong and trippy".

...such a nice change from the smoke normally found in this area...

Exactly what I am looking for.

That is music to my ears.

Thanks for the kind words and smoke report. If it is not too much trouble, post some pictures here, and please keep us informed on how it's going.

Thanks,

ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran
HI Thai Bliss
Nice , I also have recently looking for a trippy strain , I also like the racy strains as well
But I havent grown any, So the hunt begins.
Any suggestions welcome.
nice post

Hello Trinity,

By all accounts, you have settled in the right place. I'll let you know if I come across anything else before these Zamaldelicas are finished. I do have some Purple Haze Thai x Sage curing right now that is smelling so spicy, sour citrus, and very strong that all I can thing of is memories of Thai Stick. I have a feeling the tide is finally turning for me as I have been so long without the premier weed.

Terpene - Thanks for the great pictures. My ZD1 pheno looks very Zamal like. It is starting to branch like crazy. Some of the branches just a few nodes from the apical meristem are as long or longer than the top, and the new stems are getting very thin and elongated. I'm in for a struggle with this one to keep it from choking itself out with too much growth in my small cabinet. Looks like it will have very many small buds.

I am replacing my bulbs with fresh ones in the hopes of keeping the internodes as short as possible, and the resins as strong as possible.

:biggrin:

ThaiBliss

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Roots are bursting out of the drainage holes. They may even be constricted again in a weeks time! The exception are the roots. They seem exceptionally vigorous. Hmmm... I'd say that is a very good sign.

Mine grew like hell too. I would expect them to really take off from this point. They're looking a little pink, how do your Cal-Mag levels look?

I have come to favor ZD2. It is starting to have similar Mango sweet flowery perfume aromas like ZD1 has had.

As I said before, they smell of sweet mangos and spring flowers, but also menthol, carrots, and medicine. Very interesting!

The mango-carrot smell is the zamal influence coming out. Really unique smell!

They go to 12/12 light cycle today, and I'm taking a couple of cuttings from each.

You're untopped and that big already? You may want to tie them down or top them. Mine went from 2 inches off the screen to about 14 inches off the screen in flower.

I'm going to put in a male Purple Haze Thai cut also to get a few seeds from each plant in case I lose them.

Now that sounds neat! :biggrin: I pollinated my african / golden tiger pheno with a Tom Hill Haze x (White Widow x Purple Thai-Skunk). I'll see what I can do to get you a shot of it in flower. It will be interesting to see the difference between Tom's haze and Ace's purple haze in the offspring.

The Hatter

Veteran
Glad to see another regular who got to see the scary of the regular Zamaldelica line. ;) Let the stretchy phenos run till they stop throwing out white hairs all together. They're going to be the ones that have most wow factor. The dense ones will be very potent, energetic yet paralyzing and "african-malawi" high, if that makes sense. You're probably looking at 15-17 weeks for the spindly ones, but if you're looking to be terrified, it will be worth it. They should finish off about like this:

How common were the longer flowering more stretchy Thia and Zamal leaning phenos in your batch of seeds? Are they less or more common than the heavier Malawi leaning plants?

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Has anyone noticed any dwarfism in any Zamal crosses?
I put 9 clones from 9 different Zamal/ThaiX Nevill's or TH Haze in flower at 4" tall and now I have 4 pheno's fully flowering and only 1 1/2' tall two males one shorty and one tall and three real stretcher females that are 5' tall and bent and pinched to keep them there, quite a variation in plant types. I'm sure the Zamal and the Haze had some input for the hight but where did the shorties come from?
picture.php

picture.php

G

gloryoskie

picture.php

Grown in a 6 oz cup as a demo, not so stretchy. your container is
much larger, amazing. When i flower the same cut in a 32 oz
container its all over the place and I tie it up like crazy.

African/Malawi leaning pheno.

What's the shorty influence, I second the notion.

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
I'm thinking the most likely thing it came from is the Meao Thai, I've noticed some crosses with short and some with tall representations that were made with Charlie's Meao Thai male.
Maybe he or Dubi can appear and give us their ideas on this, they would know best with all their experience.
I was just in there smelling these babies and they smell delicious, you can almost get high on just the smell. They are just about dripping resin.
Glory, that's a nice little stunter, it's in such good health for being in such a small container. That's usually what I'm used to doing with stretchy sats is confining the roots till stretch is finished.
I'd move the tall ones to take a pic of them but they are as wide as they are tall and would be broken in the process.
ThaiBliss you are headed down the right road if you are looking for a mindbending high that goes on for a while.
I've not grown the Zamaldelica yet but I have grown Malawi before and that is mind bending herb by itself, but with the Zamal going on it'll be space travel for sure. Strap in and be prepared for a real ride.

bigherb

Veteran
Has anyone noticed any dwarfism in any Zamal crosses?
I put 9 clones from 9 different Zamal/ThaiX Nevill's or TH Haze in flower at 4" tall and now I have 4 pheno's fully flowering and only 1 1/2' tall two males one shorty and one tall and three real stretcher females that are 5' tall and bent and pinched to keep them there, quite a variation in plant types. I'm sure the Zamal and the Haze had some input for the hight but where did the shorties come from?
View Image
View Image

That is a SIC cross an Those are two sexy ladies

Just a guess from what ive seen posted but id Guess the male was a THH

It makes me smile thinkin of a wonderful person an Amazing Haze Grower Hazy lady .She had a Male which she was testing aswell as others Dubbed Shorty .Short ,Thick stemmed ,Resinous Male .Not sure how common this is as there aren't many reports on Proven male's let alone Haze males

Id love to hear Dubi's thoughts aswell

1luvbigherb

Latest posts

Latest posts