What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guatemala sativa

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Is this strain very psychedelic like makes colors seem brighter? Am looking for sativas with that effect.

I think running a low wattage light would be the same as a high wattage light for sativas. The higher wattage you have to keep it several feet above the plant. My 100 watt white LED I can put it within a few inches of the plant. Seems it all balances out is what I am saying.

Hi yesum,

Guatemala works well with moderate light intensity, of course the more light intensity the better yield.
As stated in the description, Guatemala provides a clear, well focused and motivational effect, not trippy, but excellent effect for activities and to socialize.

If you are looking for trippy effects then i would recommend you Zamaldelica.

Best regards!

jesbuds

Dubi, just curious, have you ever crossed your Golden Tiger with the Guat? Curious since I have a few running now, seem to lean more Guat so far but do see some Tiger traits. If not, no worries, just curious on your take as I know you have more experience with your strains than myself being just an amateur pollen chucker.

subrovka

hey dubi, is your guatemala the same like the CBG quetzalita or come from the same parent stock?
..this question appeared in another thread and i was just wondering cause i´m growing a quetzalita atm

OlDirtyHuman

picture.php

Day one. Popped the two that I didn't give away.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Dubi, just curious, have you ever crossed your Golden Tiger with the Guat? Curious since I have a few running now, seem to lean more Guat so far but do see some Tiger traits. If not, no worries, just curious on your take as I know you have more experience with your strains than myself being just an amateur pollen chucker.

Hi jesbuds,

We haven't crossed Golden Tiger with Guatemala yet, but we did similar hybrids in the past between Malawi and Guatemala. The hybrid was called Guawi and it was an old limited edition in regular format, a straight F1 between the Old Malawi Killer and 2nd generation pure guatemala males if i remember correctly, Guawi fem version was released later too as a limited edition and it was a hybrid between the Old Malawi Killer and incensey F3 Tikals females (reversed).

The goal with Guawi was to get a powerful, very high yielding, vigorous sativa hybrid with the solid Malawi structure and strenght, but improving its terpene profile and making the effect clearer and more positive thanks to the guatemala/tikal influence. Komanche (Tikal's breeder) wants to re create Guawi fem hybrid again this season, but this time with a Tikal F5 female for the reversion (selected in the last 2 years).

You can get similar results by crossing your Golden Tiger with Guatemala.Hope it helps.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
hey dubi, is your guatemala the same like the CBG quetzalita or come from the same parent stock?
..this question appeared in another thread and i was just wondering cause i´m growing a quetzalita atm

Hi subrovka,

As far as i know they are different lines, we started to work with our Guatemala line in 2002 and then we released Tikal (our first and main Guatemala hybrid) in 2004 which has been included permanently in our catalogue since then.

Holeshot

Guawi

Guawi

Hi jesbuds,

We haven't crossed Golden Tiger with Guatemala yet, but we did similar hybrids in the past between Malawi and Guatemala. The hybrid was called Guawi and it was an old limited edition in regular format, a straight F1 between the Old Malawi Killer and 2nd generation pure guatemala males if i remember correctly, Guawi fem version was released later too as a limited edition and it was a hybrid between the Old Malawi Killer and incensey F3 Tikals females (reversed).

The goal with Guawi was to get a powerful, very high yielding, vigorous sativa hybrid with the solid Malawi structure and strenght, but improving its terpene profile and making the effect clearer and more positive thanks to the guatemala/tikal influence. Komanche (Tikal's breeder) wants to re create Guawi fem hybrid again this season, but this time with a Tikal F5 female for the reversion (selected in the last 2 years).

You can get similar results by crossing your Golden Tiger with Guatemala.Hope it helps.
I would love to get some of those going under the Aussie sun. I bought 2 off a single seed bank. Both turned out to be males. Keep us posted on that one.

jesbuds

Big thanks Dubi, really appreciate the information, just looking for a fun sativa, got about a dozen Guat/GT females to choose from and can smell the Guat in about half of them.

sandel

Guatemala just started to flower,unfortunately it's October and very bad weather comes in North Romania.
It was just an experiment to see what happens with a sativa here..still very curious how much she goes, the lowest temperatures at night was 4° and for this week will have 1 night with 1°,she's very resistant to cold.

Last edited:
E

egodeath

nice plants, very vigorous, resinous, nice look and structure but unfortunately not very mold resistent in continental europe climate, started to mold after just 2 wet days (not the whole day just a short rainfall) with average temperature of 25 degrees day and around 15 night.
now its under 20 degrees and foggy and they really started to mold

yoss33

Veteran
Hey, sandel, I'm just south from the Danube and we're getting hit by the same cold wave as you. But I think several cold mornings with an eventual light morning frost shouldn't be a problem, it will only burn the tips of the pistils, that you still don't have anyways on your Guatemala.
Mine started flowering in the last days of August and is already quite developed, let's see how it handles the cold.
Quite a strong smell of sweet and sour well-ripe (if not a bit overripe) fruits. And ah, the color...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
They do not get much prettier yoss33. I think this is like old school Mexican. You have to go far south to avoid the indica mixes. My theory anyways.

Latest posts

Latest posts