What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Headband daywrecker cut

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
goddammit getmo i wish you were my neighbor lol :joint: that shit looks fantastic!

ArcticBlast

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Yup Daywreck is Headband and some say they like Headband better then Headband707 I'm assuming it's again a preference thing, not sure. Type in Headband707 on Google and a guy named Bodasativa I think does some excelent pics of Headband707 and many others lol peace out Headband707

SFC

I was under the impression that Daywrecker/OD is the same as Headband too, but lately have been getting conflicting info that the Headband is a cross of the OD with Mass Skunkx NL. So I am not sure anymore. I thought yours looked a bit more like them Headband 707's man. But you know a couple of environmental changes in a grow can give them different looks.

I will dig up some pics man, but I am nowhere near the photog that you are lol. Regardless which one it is man, your pics look fantastic.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
I do believe their are a few versions of the Headband like 707 and no 707the one coming out of Humboudt I believe is:

Headband is supposedly a cross of OG Kush (a pheno of Chemdawg) and Sour D [(Chemdawg x Mass Super Skunk/NL)x DNL] which are both very popular in Cali clubs.

peace out Headband707

jiggasouza

yeah to me that looks different the the OD. kinda similar but different, could be the environment. joeshmoe and m.steelers got the real cut check it
11718original_Diesel_001.jpg

joeshmoe
6103Original_Diesel_m_steelers_4.JPG

6103Original_Diesel_m_steelers_5.JPG

6103Original_Diesel_m_steelers_6.JPG

6103Original_Diesel_m_steelers_7.JPG

m.steelers

pegacorna

Is there any real way to tell the difference between the headband cuts floating around?

I've grown one cut out of the triangle already, took about 86 days or something and was a low yielder, smoke was awsome, but subpar for such a long flowering time imo(rather grow a O.G). Could taste the O.G influence and was slightly sour-but had basically a weaker o.g stone. Fan leaves were scarce and somewhat broad, did not resemble chem dawg leaves so much, stems were hollow and fragile.

I have another cut coming from the same source, looks a little different-leaves look more similar to the chem cut I have. Stems not hollow more woody, lanky plants. Claims its the actual headband cut...I dunno yet. So far I'm not impressed with any of the samples. Seems kinda hyped.

jiggasouza

the only way to tell is the smoke, the real d is not supposed to taste like og. the smell also is quite special, even in veg. my cuts are coming back and full fireing. i'll try throw some pics up soon

CannabisTHC

The 707 Headband is OG Kush x Sour Diesel

The real Headband aka (Daywrecker, Underdawg, Original Diesel) the lineage of this cut is

Chem 91 x ( Mass Super Skunk x Northern Lights)

The cut that I have is the real Headband cut. Its hard to tell from the nugs, do you have a full plant picture? The nugs look a bit different than mine, but thats not to say it isn't the real cut. The smell I get after chopping is a burnt tire smell, then the smell isn't quite as rancid once cured and is more of a fuel smell. Its a very distinct smell that is hard to mistake for much else. Some of the people that I've given nugs to have said the potency is almost too much for them, others have said well this is great but when I'm out of this I won't be able to get high from anything else.

Regardless looks good!

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
Wow nice nuggage. I just had some headband don't know which one. But was good. More kushy then diesel. But still good. Nice pics

Brastaman

The 707 Headband is OG Kush x Sour Diesel

The real Headband aka (Daywrecker, Underdawg, Original Diesel) the lineage of this cut is

Chem 91 x ( Mass Super Skunk x Northern Lights)

The cut that I have is the real Headband cut. Its hard to tell from the nugs, do you have a full plant picture? The nugs look a bit different than mine, but thats not to say it isn't the real cut. The smell I get after chopping is a burnt tire smell, then the smell isn't quite as rancid once cured and is more of a fuel smell. Its a very distinct smell that is hard to mistake for much else. Some of the people that I've given nugs to have said the potency is almost too much for them, others have said well this is great but when I'm out of this I won't be able to get high from anything else.

Regardless looks good!

any pics? i would love to see the real daywrecker.

jiggasouza

K, its been a while but i know i have the Original Diesel cut, the underdawg daywrecker headband cut. got some pics check it out. all my previous posts are confusing but here she is...
ORIGINAL DIESEL
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ive been learing about her for a while by just observing, but she doesnt like to be root bound. she grows totally different, she gets skinier fingers on the leaves and gets a little stunted. she likes a lot of room for her roots and she gets a lot fatter leaves. as you can seen in the veg pics, she just got trans a couple days before pics and is comming back around. and in flower she usually stacks way fatter colas but i threw her out the day i took cuts off her so she dont get too stacked because its raining like crazy over here and she cant handle the rain. she is also extremely root bound and needs water every two days even though its so wet. i havent been taking care of her but the next batch of cuts...its on. the smell in veg is unmistakable. smells like lemon limey exhausty. hard to say exactly. but there she is. please drop some posts and let me know any info on this lady or q's.

this is from another thread i posted. pics from 3/10
got a few more i just took that i gotta upload still.

CannabisTHC

any pics? i would love to see the real daywrecker.

Yeah I'll take some pictures, but to tell you the truth looking at that other thread you posted in with your pics, your cut looks like the real Headband from what I can tell. It looks very similar to mine. My pics will be of a plant 32 days in flower, so you won't get a very good idea.

Not even sure I should take pictures though, because your pictures are better than anything I'll show at the moment. Give me another 3 weeks and then my pictures will resemble yours.

I see that you think your cut is an OG though, those buds look big for an OG cut. The (MSS x NL) was done to increase the size of the buds, since the chem 91 has very small buds. I don't get a lemon smell at all though. But yeah it is hard to clone. Definitely a picky eater too, likes more nutes than most. Although I think part of that problem is caused by the TMV that plagues chems, I get a bit of variegation in the leaves on some cuts, but for the most part its been eradicated.

Also the description dankbudz gave in that other thread saying "heavy skunky fuel" probably best describes the cured smell of the cut I have.

jiggasouza

ha good to hear that there quite similar. whenever you can, throw up some pics. my pic of the budding one was not a very good specimen either. it wasnt full hammering when i threw her out and she still aint getting too much love. this next batch is about ready and im just getting um full fireing before i flip um. then there gonna get a bunch of love during the flower. i think this is one of the most excited ive been in a long time for this next run. these are less than a week later than the earlier pics i posted.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php