Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Prep and Storing Trim for Edibles

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Herbies Seeds
Prep and Storing Trim for Edibles Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-08-2016, 08:48 PM #1
b3averh3at

b3averh3at is on a distinguished road
Question Prep and Storing Trim for Edibles

Greetings,
My medical grow is doing well this year and I'm going to have considerable bud. In the past, I haven't used the trim and popcorn buds to their fullest extent. I would like to use them for edibles. But I have questions:

1) is it necessary to dry and cure the sugar leaves and popcorn buds before extracting them into butter or coconut oil?
2) Better to freeze the trim in packages in the amount I'd want to process or to process it all and freeze/store the cannabutter and infused coconut oil?
3) What is the best method of storing cannabutter and coconut oil and how long can they be kept in good, usable form?

Thanks! Stay high.
b3averh3at is offline Quote

Old 10-08-2016, 08:57 PM #2
Chimera
Genetic Resource Management

Chimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond repute
I would say it's better to extract your material first and make an oil or concentrate, then use that to formulate your butter or MCT - that way you can accurately dose your products. If you do it the way you suggest, you end up with unknown potency butter/MCT, which really gives you no wy to accurately dose your edibles.

Make sense?

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-11-2016, 04:43 AM #3
Tokesworth

Tokesworth is on a distinguished road
I too am wondering the same thing. Is it better too dry out my trim and fan leaves before say, doing an ISO wash, or a bho run and using the extract for butter and coconut oils? First time using fresh trim for a wash so not sure.
Tokesworth is offline Quote