What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dutch Passion auto strains opinion/experience ?

Gizmo

Hello fellows, i hope you all feel good, i open this thread to ask your opinion and experience about Dutch Passion autoflower strains and specialy about their potency, im fairly new to autoflower strains and im interested in DP auto strains like Think Different, Think Big or AutoUltimate, i would like to know what you guys who has grown these strains think about their potency compared to other strains auto or not. thank you

Gizmo

Koondense

Veteran
I had my very limited experience with DP Think Different and AutoXtreme outdoors. Got one 3-seed pack of each variety, so total of 6 DP auto plants.
Must say ThinkDifferent was a huge disappointment in every way, the AutoXtreme was better but I did not like the effect at all.
TD was bland, tasted like hay and the effect was really bad, almost zero high, some stony dullness.
AX had a very strong dulling effect, like amnesia. I hated it. The smell was great fruity and hashy, the buds were very resinous.
Both had trouble with outdoor resistence to pests and mold, so I never bought another pack of DP autos or photos and probably never will.

If I had to get some DP auto seeds I'd probably choose AutoUltimate and from photoperiods the Durban Poison. No other of their varieties has any appeal to me at this point.

If you want to grow good AF feminized varieties, go check out Mephisto. There are some other seed makers/breeders who offer good regular AF seeds.

Gizmo

thank you aridbud and Koondense, auto ultimate seems better than think different and think big has a too long flowrering time to me, i hope the auto ultimate high is good. Mephisto i heard good things about quality but i heard some very unethical things too...

Gizmo

i cant go into details but it seems the guy from mephisto stole the genetics from his ex partner, i will not give names, maybe someone from icmag staff can speak, i dont know, lots of shady people in the canna biz.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wasn't impressed with Think Different. It was ok. DP has one called Star Ryder that is potent. So is Euphoria. Like I said...good breeder, good genetics. Choose one that fits your goals and GROW! ;o)

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DP is great...you made a good choice, w/ Ultimate having Mazar in the mix, giz.

Koondense

Veteran
Yeah go with the Auto Ultimate, should be the most forgiving one. But takes a bit long, around 90 days minimum.
I heard a lot of stories about Mephisto(this is not a new one)...ok, I won't say more because it's not my concern but it seems there are some dirty doings in the AF boat. Just like everywhere else...
In the end all that is important are good genetics and good product.

*post corrected because of new info

P.S.
I actually dislike the "silence approach" and think bad practices should be put out to the public to inform all possible buyers and all interested.
But since I have zero first hand infos and experience I should remain silent myself:)

1grower

Hey. I have done Think Different, AutoMazar, AutoUltimate, Think Big, AutoXtreme and AutoEuforia from Dutch Passion. For me personally i like the high from Think Different, i would acsually say shes got a very nice high. If i went for yield i would go for AutoUltimate every single time, shes a fantastic yielder.

1grower

IMG_0164.jpg AutoUltimate

IMG_0162.jpg Think Big

IMG_0163.JPG AutoUltimate

1grower

Yes, autos have come a lång way. I have only grown autos, the ones on the photos i uppladed have i made under hps.
Im doing AutoUltimate and Glueberry OG right now. They popped up from soil today, from the AU i know what to expect but it will be interesting to see the growth and feel the high of the Glueberry OG.

THC123

Veteran
I have had very good results with the dutch passion autos I have grown most of them.

Buit the Think different is not a good idea for outdoors or even a greenhouse in humid areas like N europe.

I have had good results with auto euphoria, auto blackberry kush and auto white widow. The auto euphoria, auto ultimate and think different get a lot bigger than their other auto strains.

ManOfWeed

My favourite is right now AutoUltimate. Really good yield and nice quality. I tried also AutoMazar and Think Different but I noticed that those strains are not as good as before. Now I use AutoUltimate and I am pretty satisfied. But got one problem, Dutch Passion do not have more AutoUltimate in stock :(

Do you know any shop where I can buy pack of 100 seeds now?
I always buy at Skunk24.com
but they also got only packs of 3 and 7 left. I really don't want to pay more. Even if thet give me 30% discount it is a lot of money...

http://skunk24.com/1824-autoultimate-dutch-passion.html

BruceBanner

I wouldn't grow autos except I have no other choice, they are all crap bland and not comparable to good photoperiodic ones, especially now when you have so much great strains to choose from ACE, CBG, Delicatessen, The Real Seed Company, Seeds of Africa etc.

I also grew Think Different, it's a mold machine, and as already said the high is blandish.

Won't grow auto anymore, had 9 different strains, and more or less all are similar in high, they do differ one from another in effect, but all have that "nothingness" in a negative way in common, almost no personality... in defense of autos, the only thing I can say it's better than nothing :D

The best I tried was Sweet Seeds Jack47, that one has insane addictive smell (no cure is possible because you must take your daily sniffing dosage :D ) and it's best in effect from what I've grown.
(the worst smell ever had Blue Dream from HSO, man I had hard time with that weed, the smell forces one to womit, sweetish smell but disqusting, one note for that strain, better to crop it early for the best effect)