What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super cheese & cookies kush

G

ganjygav

Hi everyone.
Been away for months but I've decided to do another diary of my latest grow.
I managed to get some cuts. it's kinda hard for me to get hold of clones so I was pleased with the 4 I got.
2 x cookie's kush and 2x super cheese.
Only potted them 24hrs ago and they under a 250cfl until they have a root system then they will be going under dual spec 400 hps for veg and finally a 600w for flower.
Been having a problem with spotty plants. STILL get amazing buds but all fan leafs get spots no matter what I try.
So this time I'm watering with bottled spring water to see if it's my tap water.

Anyway will update weekly or if any drama happens.... which is pretty likely lol
picture.php

G

ganjygav

The leaves look crunked up because apparently the cuts came without being hardened off

G

ganjygav

picture.php
Hello dude.
I've potted them up and watered them in just now. they've also just gone under the 400w hence that pap photo. Will get better pic next week.
All been topped. new growth looks good.
I think I may have 3 super cheese and one cookieS kush simpley because the way they are each growing.
Ones slower to root than the others and it's growing tall not as bushy as the other 3... plus the guy I buy them from isn't very organised. Last time I got a vanilla kush and I was expecting something else.
It's all good though.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Haven't seen ya around in a while. Glad to see ya! :wave: Hopefully your spotting problem is a thing of the past. If not, we're gonna solve it in this thread. :) I used to have spots in flowering too. Just like you, buds came out great anyways. But it is annoying as shit! :biglaugh:

G

ganjygav

Haven't seen ya around in a while. Glad to see ya! :wave: Hopefully your spotting problem is a thing of the past. If not, we're gonna solve it in this thread. :) I used to have spots in flowering too. Just like you, buds came out great anyways. But it is annoying as shit! :biglaugh:

Yeah got fed up with it the last grow. Plants looked poo but the smoke was awesome. especially the cheesy dick. That plant rocked.
I pulled just over 4oz off it. The vanilla kush had same veg time but 2 weeks shorter flower and it put off less than 2 Oz.
I'm hearing this super cheese is a big yielder as well. I'M vegin for 4 weeks and topping 2 or 3 times because I want bushes again.

I'm using bottled spring water this time. if the spots carry on then Im stumped . I nearly stopped growing because of them but my last crop was amazing and it suddenly seemed dumb to stop.

G

ganjygav

I've also just checked them with a scope because I noticed last week I has some flecks on the leaves. Sure enough first leaf I checked I had a mite.
GOTTA find something for them now because mitey wash has been taken off the shelves in my grow shops. not sure if it's been banned.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
I have a pack of OG Kush cookie fems from Connoisseur Genetics. I am wondering if it's the same thing as your clones?

G

ganjygav

I couldn't say fella. I thought maybe cookies kush from barney's farm. which is the rolex pheno of OG kush x gsc. Couldn't say for sure

G

ganjygav

Them mites ain't mites they're thrips .
So I was looking at stuff to kill them and didn't like the sound of how it worked. Some of it stayed in the plants for 8 to 10 weeks.
So looking around I decided on neem oil and some powdered stuff I know nothing about but I talked to the seller and they convinced me this is the stuff to use .
Here's some info.
Diatomite is used as an insecticide, due to its abrasive and physico-sorptive properties.[8] The fine powder absorbs lipids from the waxy outer layer of insects' exoskeletons, causing them to dehydrate. Arthropods die as a result of the water pressure deficiency, based on Fick's law of diffusion. This also works against gastropods and is commonly employed in gardening to defeat slugs. However, since slugs inhabit humid environments, efficacy is very low. It is sometimes mixed with an attractant or other additives to increase its effectiveness. It is commonly used in lieu of boric acid, and can be used to help control and possibly eliminate bed bug, house dust mite, cockroach, ant and flea infestations.[11] This material has wide application for insect control in grain storage.[12]

ipot

Them mites ain't mites they're thrips .
So I was looking at stuff to kill them and didn't like the sound of how it worked. Some of it stayed in the plants for 8 to 10 weeks.
So looking around I decided on neem oil and some powdered stuff I know nothing about but I talked to the seller and they convinced me this is the stuff to use .
Here's some info.
Diatomite is used as an insecticide, due to its abrasive and physico-sorptive properties.[8] The fine powder absorbs lipids from the waxy outer layer of insects' exoskeletons, causing them to dehydrate. Arthropods die as a result of the water pressure deficiency, based on Fick's law of diffusion. This also works against gastropods and is commonly employed in gardening to defeat slugs. However, since slugs inhabit humid environments, efficacy is very low. It is sometimes mixed with an attractant or other additives to increase its effectiveness. It is commonly used in lieu of boric acid, and can be used to help control and possibly eliminate bed bug, house dust mite, cockroach, ant and flea infestations.[11] This material has wide application for insect control in grain storage.[12]

I had thrips and used neem oil and inscet soap. They were gone with a few sprays. I sprayed the plants top to bottom every other day until they went away and continued for a few days. I dont see how Diatomaceous earth will work with leaf eaters, if he is saying put it on the soil when you water it will become crust like and they will just walk on top of it. It didnt work for fungus gnats, I dont recommend it.

G

ganjygav

I had thrips and used neem oil and inscet soap. They were gone with a few sprays. I sprayed the plants top to bottom every other day until they went away and continued for a few days. I dont see how Diatomaceous earth will work with leaf eaters, if he is saying put it on the soil when you water it will become crust like and they will just walk on top of it. It didnt work for fungus gnats, I dont recommend it.

No fella he said to mix it with water and spray it on the plants. ONCE the water has evaporated the dust remains. he also said to put some in a pepper shaker and to sprinkle it front of fan, it will coat everything inside the tent then.
I'm already treating with neem. After a few sprays I will use the powder.

G

ganjygav

Not sure it's been a week yet but I've just put them into final 12ltr pots so thought I would take some pics.
They have been topped twice now and I think I may just leave it at that.
I may start training them in a week once theyve settled.

I've been alternating between neem and diatomaceous earth to combat the thrips and I think it's working. it's definitely slowed them down. I treat them every other day.
I've also mixed some diatomaceous earth in with the soil and perlite.
I am not sure which plant is what strain at moment but I'm sure I will know when they're in bloom.
picture.php
picture.php

G

ganjygav

Also I had to remove a lower branch last week so I stuck it in a little pot of soil with half a plastic bottle over it.
I have never managed to get a clone to root. I've spent money on kits to do it and tried a few times but it never happened. I gave up.

So anyway this cut has been in soil under the light all be it well to the side for 6 or 7 days now. I give it a little trickle of water every couple of days.
Obviously I don't know what's going on under the soil but the cut itself still looks as perky as the day I cut it.
Is this the time I'm finally gonna get one to root? LOL
picture.php

G

ganjygav

I've just taken away the bottom nodes to tidy up the bottoms of plants. I inspected all the leaves with a microscope and didn't spot one thrip or any bugs at all.
2 weeks ago my plants had them crawling all over.
So neem and diatomaceous earth did the trick.
I highly recommend this combination of treatment to anybody like me who don't like using poisons on their babies.
It's super cheap and easy to use. I think it cost me a total of £6.50 on ebay to buy the neem and diatomaceous earth.

G

ganjygav

All is good.
My fan fell and burnt out so had to buy a new one. Guy in shop pointed out some new stock. 12 inch blades with a louvre on front that rotates and blows air all over tent instead of just left and right.
Smart bit of kit for £20
picture.php

Anyway plants are doing good. Topped 3 times now in the 3 weeks I've been growing them. Taking a nice shape and standing around 14 inches tall.
Gonna put them into flower on Monday I reckon. Should be about the 18inches I like for the tent.
Feed is at the moment per litre 2ml of root juice,1ml of grow and 1ml of calmagne+ . They seem to be liking it. Ph is dropped to between 6.3 and 6.5. I like to vary it a little.

Smell you later
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

G

ganjygav

Just been given these seeds by a mate who don't grow.
After having a look around about the strain I don't think they're my cup of tea. Gonna pass them on to another grower I know I reckon. That's of course if they want to grow them.
Anybody got any experience? I've searched on here already and one thread turned into an investigation and the other was foreign and incomplete.
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts