What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Calaveras County Has Screwed Over Every Legal Grower

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You sound like a complete fucking ass hat. You know the piece of shit always staring out his front window calling cops on kids who simply walk by using the sidewalk. The faggot neighborhood watch guy that is 80 years old and just calls the cops on everyone. The corporate piece of shit that does anything and everything to regulate everyone else out of business. Anything to maintain your own self absorbed personal preferences and fuck everyone else right? Typical pussy control freak that can't handle change and just luv's his guvment. :tiphat:

calaveras

Calaveras chronicles #27= The local once weekly newspaper came out today. I noticed that a 700 plant illegal grow only made it to page 9. This used to be front page news but now it is rather ho hum news. I guess it takes tens of thousands of plants getting yanked by multiple agencies to get on the front page nowadays.
Other news on the weed front here in calaveras county is that a county supervisor who is a clear upcoming vote against big weed is being charged with some sort of misdoing , having a conflict of interest of some sort. Big weed always uses the same tactic [succesfully] of paying lawyers to find some technicality to keep the general public or county supervisors from voting on the matter of legal commercial weed farming. SHAME, [somebody needs to ring a bell ala game of thrones] Big weed keeps confirming they fear letting the people vote. SHAME [ding]
The exodus from prime grow areas continues for those not into the scene. Talked to a guy who grew up here and now is about 50 years old. He is packing up and moving to the town of Murphys which is still in Calaveras county but is a little oasis that has managed to avoid big weed. Lots of people who are fed up with the scene but want to stay in the county
move to Murphys. It is more residential and small acreage and the big farms do not have enough space and to would be severely looked down on by neighbors.Plus Murphys has lots of good restaurants and wine tasting.
Many growers continue to ignore the 1/2 acre maximum size limit. I just found out the guy up the road has 1200 big outdoor full term plants going. I don't think they will fit in a half acre, but it is medical.........................

P.S. ding

calaveras

Calaveras chronicles#28= Sheriff Debasilio is continuing on with the "pre-harvest program" He reported a 300 and a 900 plant bust . Sheriffs dept. puts a value of $3000. per plant for news purposes. 3.6 million value for 1200 plants. Some sites are gardens that applied for a permit and were denied for whatever reason. Sheriff says "many bad actors hide in the herd". Some grows are removed before authorities arrive. Most abandoned sites have a lot of rows of smart pots, pvc piping, and trash left behind. Driving through the area shows many sites abandoned from last year though there are still many little "gardens in the woods" active and looking like homeless camps.
It is definitely smelling like harvest season is fast approaching. Every curve in the road
reveals a nose full of stimulation.Trimmigrants are coming in ready to make some cash so they can spend the winter in Costa Rica which sounds like a pretty good plan. Some workers may come up a bit short if sheriff D. visits their illegal plantation for pre-harvest. I would not recommend seasonal workers working for unregistered farms as you may not get paid.
Things have been quiet with marijuana related shootings this year compared to last but the time of maximum weirdness is just beginning. Now is when farmers are close to harvest and many like to break out their guns and do some target practice, making some racket to let everyone within range know they have a gun and aren't afraid to pull the trigger. I liken this behavior to a dog pissing on a tree, marking territory and warning other dogs.
Water delivery truck volume on the roads is way down from last year, no doubt because the well drillers were busy all winter and most older wells that were going dry last year were replenished with the big winter. This is good because some peoples wells were going dry after new farmers moved next door. The water delivery guys made a killing last year selling 2000 gallons delivered for $500.00. I would see them rolling all day long last year.

P.S. I gotta say for cops, the Calaveras county guys are not too bad

calaveras

Calaveras chronicles #29= This whole thing started last year after Calaveras county decided to release names of registered growers. I talked to a CCA[ calaveras cannabis alliance } member who was rather depressed with the future outlook for legal growing in the county. He said the CCA is expecting a no vote from county supervisors. Several CCA members are ready to slam the county with multiple lawsuits as soon as it happens . This will tie things up for years at the pace the court system moves. He said he will move to a friendlier area [good luck] if this happens. The state is gradually forcing growers with the financial means into mega-greenhouse setups where they can control everything. You would think the all powerful green movement of Cali would be against this with the massive amount of power consumption for indoor farming. Another example of the green movements sell out to big$ is gov. Browns plan to ship massive amounts of nor-cal water to L.A. through the delta, actually tunneling under the delta. California green movement is colored green from dollars primarily.
My CCA acquaintance said he cannot compete with illegal grows which do not have the bureaucratic overhead.
The problem here is growers were granted permission to grow legally last year, they spent a ton of money on land and infrastructure and you can't just take that all away without serious repercussions . It is too bad the implementation was done so poorly as to turn off so many long time locals.

P.S. Government officials can always fall back on the Feds. regulations for support

calaveras

Calaveras chronicles #30= Next week county hearings start regarding the ban on commercial farming. Big weed is gearing up for the fight. A fundraiser / rally the troops event is planned for this weekend, dreadlocks optional.
The busts of illegal grows continues. Typical story in the paper reads like this. A 800 plant unregistered marijuana grow was eliminated in bum rap flat. Found on the site was a smoldering debris pile, open septic system, open fertilizer tanks, a felon on probation, a gun, and 3 suspects were arrested, Trang, Nguyen, Wang, Long dong etc. and 94 pounds of processed product. The stories and the names are usually similar just a different week.
Tuolumne county which is Calaveras counties southern neighbor , no doubt after observing the debacle here voted to ban all outdoor farming and only allow 6 plants indoors.
In Calaveras county 740 commercial applications were filed last year. 220 have been denied mostly because they could not meet requirements.
People with homes next to grow sites are now finding it difficult to sell . Lots of people don't like the smell and will not buy next to a farm. Rents are up but sales are down, definitely because of big weed.
The trimmigrants are up here in force now, Big lines to get a sandwich at the grocery store. Times are good for the grocery and hardware businesses. Harvest 2017 is in full progress, and has been all summer.

P.S. I am almost not a newbie

Sourdiesel hat

Clavaeras county has been the new mecca for growers with the legalization of Medical grows within the county...

Yesterday they decided to post the names, addresses, plot size and all info related to every grow, to the public!

What the fuck!!?? How many rip offs will happen now?

This is bullshit...
https://www.calaverasenterprise.com/news/article_ab0d2004-869b-11e6-8334-dba497a3bbcf.html

only 1/2 dude. :biggrin:

"i own a home" < see they didnt really have then had the property to have the money. then all legally cant.

basically just makes everyone mad that was renting the homes to people. anytime they try to take the money from that place.

the guys dumb to rent the house.

the 2nd guys dumb to rent the house.

the public is dumb to think its working. they both cant rent the same house ever or its illegal.

first time you say ur renting you lose the place as an actual grow for the main line.

Lyfespan

hahaha they took all the growers money and now want to eradicate everyone's crops.

cops have a limited budget, so just keep on growing and costing the cops money till they go bankrupt.

calaveras

Calaveras chronicles #31= I thought the weekly newspaper would not have a marijuana article on the front page after seeing the lead article. A yellow labrador retriever named Boomer is the unofficial mayor of the town of Mokelumne Hill. Boomer is a elderly escape artist who excels at getting out of any enclosure and cruising the back streets of town looking(successfully) for treats. Lower on the front page was the inevitable marijuana article. Last years implementation of registered farming started Calaveras county's dependance on weed money to balance the budget. Freedom growers above post and link highlights how county supervisors are using a environmental impact report as part of their justification to ban farmers. Environmental impact reports are now being used by both sides to slow or shutdown pretty much anything in cali. At least the snail darters are doing well.....
Calaveras county supervisors, whatcha gonna do when they got no money for you? bad boys bad boys.
It is too bad implementation was done so poorly last year that it pissed off a lot of long time locals. Growers are starting to become more a part of the community on year 2.
The future of commercial cannabis here may be like my friends operation. He has been growing here for 3+ decades. He never felt a need to get licensed and on the radar since he just grows a couple dozen plants. But oh my god, they are the biggest baddest plants I have ever seen. Seventeen footers that yield 6-7 pounds each. He has never had a cop problem even during the helicopter years. He gets along with his neighbors. It seems the secret to big plants is 4-5 yards of turkey compost per hole. He has good quality product but for the first time he has many pounds left over from last season and harvest is happening now. This years glut is expected to be bigger. It is a buyers market with $700. pounds common.
As for me, I ended up with 6 nice plants to harvest, Mostly Bodhi strains and all different. I wish I had planted a few more now as rats/mice/voles nailed 3 nice ones and one plant had a mid-season sex change operation ( it is california after all).
The standout strain is jungle spice, nice dense, big , chrystally buds, strong terps.
Blue dream X Snow lotus is a big gangly open plant with good quality but low bud density.
Stardawg guava looks promising and will get the machete in about a week.
Sunshine Daydream is doing well and has 2-3 weeks to go and will be the last one to harvest.
I got a pack of purple buckeye seeds from Melvanetics just because purple is cool. Split the 10 pack with a friend, all sprouted but only one girl that is the most insanely purple plant I have ever seen. A cross between GDP and gorilla grape. Unfortunately terps
and resin are low about a week out from harvest.I wish I could find a good purple strain that has it all.
My old reliable strain I have developed over the years is gnarly once again. Not very big, about 5 feet tall and wide with rock hard stinky chrystally buds spaced every 4 inches. I couldn't help but name this variety Calaveras ( yeah I know) only available from me or one other person..... but we share
P.S. Tuesday bluesday ROX , but don't sneak in kids, just pay the $5 and appreciate the scene, it won't last forever.

calaveras

Calaveras chronicles #32= It smells like harvest time in the foothills. The sheriff continues to bust unregistered grows. Registered farmers don't seem to be causing many problems compared to last year. Many registered farms still ignore the 1/2 acre maximum canopy limit ( big weed big greed ) Most of the illegal farms run 500 to a couple thousand plants and workers flee like rats from a sinking ship when the sheriff arrives. It is a big hit losing processed product along with big plants. Trimmigrants go home with empty pockets .Good
One out of five local county supervisors who is pro-big weed is facing a potential recall election because of his support for commercial weed. I met the guy during his campaign when he was talking to voters. I must say he totally left out that he was/is involved with commercial cannabis and making $ in the industry. This was quite a convenient detail to leave out while campaigning.
Big supervisors meeting happens next week with marijuana on the agenda. These meetings always have a full house with so many peoples futures on the line. Some proposals to ease tensions include banning farms next to neighbor residences and requiring 20 acre minimum size for parcels where farms are located. Other proposals include allowing registered growers to move their location to another within 2 years if their present location does not meet requirements. This would help with the problem of farms lowering neighbors property values.Another proposal is limiting the number of registered grows to around 400 from the 770 applicants which could probably be achieved easily with the high rejection rate of applicants not meeting requirements.This seems like a good compromise since it will still give the county badly needed/wanted revenue.
Water truck traffic is down notably from last year after a big winter. Porta potty delivery and cleaning business is booming servicing grow sites.
P.S. I am a member not a newbie now on I.C. mag, yea!

MountZionCollec

Jack Garamendi is involved in making $$ out of the cannabis industry? Do u have some details on that because I have never seen any facts to show that to be true. Where did u hear that? Maybe it's a claim being made by the banners and Mr. Dennis Mills who very much dislikes Jack... Mills has been unethically using a second private email to plan with the head of the ban committee so that it wouldn't show up on public records requests...proof that this was taking place was an email chain with his private emails where one of the people in the chain forwarded on the conversation to mills government email which made it public records...the head of the ban group was apologizing to Mr mills for not running some decision by him first in the email.

Clapp may not be able to vote depending on if they determine he has a conflict of interest since he makes his income off developing and renting properties and he has publicly said on camera that the cannabis grows are hurting his business and he wants them all out. California has rules on voting on laws that impact you in a unique financial way and they will decide if he can vote.

Mills is the next one in our cross airs it appears with him secretly planning with the ban committee in a way that would not be collected for public records.

Toffineli may actually vote for the recent changes proposed by the planning commission giving a 3-2 majority for strict regulation. With 200' setbacks, 20 acre parcels, limited # of grows, on industrial zones lands that's a very strict regulatory option. He wants it out of residential and this does it.

It's going to be a wild 6 months!

Last edited:

calaveras

The latest sheriffs bust of an unregistered illegal grow uncovered evidence(yuck) of human waste being used as fertilizer. This is common practice in Asia but I wouldn't want to smoke any of that shit. The registered growers are not the problem up here.

therevverend

Veteran
Composted shit is probably safer then the chemical grown pesticide stuff they're selling at the government stores. Haven't seen anything labeled organic in the shops yet.
Doubt the shit came from organically raised humans though..

calaveras

Calaveras chronicles#33= Last week the big supervisors meeting which was to decide the outcome of regulated marijuana came up with no ruling. I listened to some of the meeting and it seemed about 2 to 1 in favor of regulation when the public spoke.The anti- weed people were the most fanatical and unreasonable in their presentations. One lady decided to accompany her speech on guitar and 2 wimpy supervisors acted offended and walked out only to be informed later that they needed to review the presentation if they want to vote on the matter. One supervisor brings in a stack of documents about environmental damage etc. the morning of the hearing that nobody else had time to review. He is the same guy that has farms near his home/rentals and is a guaranteed ban vote. The matter will be brought up again at a latter date.
After a relatively violence free grow season there was a incident. Apparently unmarked trucks and non-uniformed people showed up at a grow claiming to be law enforcement. They tied up two people at gunpoint and 2 others fled but the bad guys got a lot of processed and plants. Moral of the story: If someone driving a big red raised ford pickup and not wearing a uniform claims to be law enforcement shows up at your gate, call the real cops.
U-haul trucks are everywhere doing a lot of hauling. They are so frequent it is really noticeable.
I am surprised how many gardens barely have 25% of their plants harvested the 3rd week of october. They must be growing some serious sativas that mature late. We have had a few light rains the last month but nothing bad and mildew has not been a problem for me . Weather for this week is predicted to be perfect.
Another trashy " garden in the woods" decided to put up a wood fence to block locals view of the junkyard/grow site. It cracks me up how these people like to put up a 7 foot fence then build a 15 foot tall greenhouse behind it.
I was picking up my mail at the post office and at the marijuana related business next door a truck pulls up and 2 guys banging on the gate until they figure out it is closed. I hear them saying " now we gotta take all this shit back and weigh it". Growers need to keep a lower profile while out in public.
As for me, I have 2 plants left to harvest this week and then I am done for this year. It has been a good season .

clearheaded

But in the same breath u can go on google earth right now and find alot of large circle pots lol. so perhaps wont be tgat big of a deal esp if isnt blasted over the net ;)

calaveras

Calaveras chronicles # 34=Yesterday was a great day for registered growers. Amazingly, Calaveras county supervisors voted 3-2 for regulated cannabis farming. They heard testimony, read the reports, saw the writing on the wall with a budget balanced on the back of farmers. Some regulations are being tightened up to account for homeowner complaints and some residential areas are getting shut down. Sites with multiple grows are limited to one. The sheriff will get money to go after illegal grows and maybe pay employees a bit more to help with the retention problem. Don't bother moving up here to start a pot farm now, If you did not register in 2016 you are not welcome and new applications are not being accepted. You could buy a farm from a registered grower but prices will be through the roof now that the legal threat seems to be over. Big weed is here to stay, get over it

Latest posts

Latest posts