What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Search this Thread?

G

I am knee deep in the GG#4 thread and did a search for a particular word.
29 different posts came up containing the word.
When I click on ANY of the links to the post in the thread it takes me to a page in the thread that DOES NOT have the searched for post.
Usually off by 4 or 5 day/pages.
What is going on and how can I correct the parameters I use in order to get the search function to work as expected?
Thanks for any insight!
OC

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
That thread is huge, and has had a life filled with controversy. As a result many posts have been moved to other threads, deleted or removed by the poster... so the count is messed up on that thread and I know no way to fix that...

Try using a google search, including icmag in the search field. I do it frequently.

Skip

Veteran
Yes, it can be fixed. What happened was we tried to split the huge thread so it wouldn't tax the server. It was too big a task. So now the threads need to be merged again and the counters updated (big task for server again).

It will be done at a time when the server isn't really busy.

G

Thanks for the replies fellas. Good to know its beyond my control and not some skewed input on my end.
peace

Skip

Veteran
The post counts should now be working better.
Let me know if there was no change.

Latest posts

Latest posts