What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gorilla Glue #4 from GGStrains

BrainSellz

Veteran
I noticed my 600w HPS bulb wasnt producing like the other 600w HPS bulb, so the guy at the hydro store fronted me a Hortilux 600w Super HPS bulb till I harvest.
Hopefully I can get more than 12 zips a lamp this time.
I dont know why, but Im having a hard time breaking 12 zips a lamp.
Would love a lb a light! 24 zips is a far cry from 32 zips.
Ive tried everything! I get the plants to stack nicely too! But I still get 12 zips a lamp.
Heres some GG#4's at day 30 ~ 4 dif plants.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Overgrow, it looks like your plants are tall, maybe you could top them to shorten the height to get more light on your buds and have more bud sites in general. Anything that doesn't get good shine tends to be larfy and of lesser quality with glue imo. Add another week+ of veg time and things should pick up.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
This grow I used 2gln pots and lollipopped them. I overvegged by 3 weeks. Thats why they're so tall. I got 24x plants under each lamp, and a bush of a GorillaBubble#6 and an OGKB 2.0 that was topped 1x.... between the 2x lamps in the overlap zone.
I didnt top cuz I wanted 1 big, nice cola per plant....This next run Im going to top 2x and see if I can get 12 tops per plant....with alot less plants in bigger pots.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
that was my average too with 600's , wasn't untill i went to 1000's that i broke that mark & came closer to 2 per light .

I honestly dont think this old house could handle 2x - 1K lamps.
I dont think it could handle 1x - 1K lamp.
My 4 bulb T-5 veg lamp blinks alot all day. I get blinking on the 6's too. This electric sitcheeation sux!

I was thinking of running a 3rd 600w lamp over the winter. Use the extra power the a/c was using and try to get ahead this winter.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My 4 bulb T-5 veg lamp blinks alot all day. I get blinking on the 6's too. This electric sitcheeation sux!

I was thinking of running a 3rd 600w lamp over the winter. Use the extra power the a/c was using and try to get ahead this winter.

That SUX !!!
put all 3 over a 4 x 8 space & you'll be that much closer to the 2k watts . :tiphat:

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
reminds me of trying to get shit done with 2 15 amp screw in fuses... melted all summer while the light got the AC ha!

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran

I don't know how long that blinking has been going on ODW but in bloom any light fluctuations could cause hermis. I just tossed a 600w MH cause it was doing that..

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It could be the ballast. I had 1 Gavita Ballast start flickering. I tried 3 different bulbs all would flicker. I put a spare ballast on no more flicker.

Last edited:

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You gotta make the squirrels run faster on the electric wheel. :)
That shit happened all the time with the 15 amp fuses years back.
Would actually reset the light sometimes which was a problem.
I bought a delay timer I think it was from cap, if it went out it waited a few minutes before kicking back in. Scary shit ha...

Dog Star

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dog Star

Veteran
Please explain... what is different??

Than i explain something to you... kindly and patient.

Regards Dogon

Dog Star

Veteran
Studies have shown that plants treated with Ferticell stimulate the plant systems, resulting in more root mass, increased leaf area, increased number of flowers, fruit and early maturation.

The unique characteristic of the different CELLS used in FERTICELL have the ability to consume luxury amounts of nutrients. The cells store nutrients in biological form and recreate in their own body nutrients like protein, amino acids, microelements, and vitamins. The complex formula of FERTICELL products also include soil/water cell extracts, a complete nutrient formula, and naturally developed materials to be used during different crop growing stages.

I know its not fair on you cause number of a leafes is more bigger than on your plants
but since i use Ferticell organic auxine bombs and mine plants have tendention to develop
bigger number of additional leafes so there is a explanation for additional leafes.

If you look good those additional leafes dont have serations at all but look more as some kind of mutation.. reason for this are nutes that develop more bigger leaf surface area thru more cell division.

Kind regards

DS

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Its def not the ballast or bulb. Its the house. The outside porch light does it too. Just randomly blinks real fast. Fast enough so that the lamps dont go out and hot start.

Its fast enough to not create hermies either. Its just old poor electric in this old house. Same thing happened at my last apt. Horrible thing about New England is the homes are ancient. Thats were America was born pretty much. The houses tell that story.

Im gonna try a 3rd lamp when I turn the a/c off for the winter and use the $ to move to a newer home with much better electric. (With a huge swampland in my backyard ;) )

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
When you move opt for actual breakers instead of fuses if possible with open slots on the panel. Then you can always add outlets and power as needed.

Nd dogstar im no glue expert but its got way too many leaf blades to be glue. Most ive seen has been 6 or 7 with most being 5.