What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2016 IC 420 Cup Winners!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Got to love it when sam gives you a 37 totaal for my rosin entry. I think thats the highest i have ever seen him score a hash entry at IC420. Makes me smile.

the taste, smell and effects were awesome, so much flavor.

is it normal for rosin to end up so light colored? or was that from early taken plants?

dabbing that stuff was so tasty, a real explosion of flavor.

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
the taste, smell and effects were awesome, so much flavor.

is it normal for rosin to end up so light colored? or was that from early taken plants?

dabbing that stuff was so tasty, a real explosion of flavor.

This rosin was made from Sift. Of 20% headbanger and 80%the Melon. Its made from full plants lightly sifted for 3 min by hand on a flat screen.

This is then slightly pressed without touching by hand. Inside parcment paper to small cubes.

Those cubes get folded in a coffeefilter and pressed with a hairstraightner between parchment. For short time and on lowest heat.

I the collect all together and wipped it on a very low heat and budderd it. Thats why its so light the good quality start sift and the whipping.

Try it. Its easy and pretty fast to make.

74G

Congrats to everybody for so many awesome nugs to smoke... .. .
Congrats to all breeders, growers, hashmakers, rosinmakers, weed lovers and the others... .. .
Cause this year i think the quality was a bit better than last year for buds and it was a bit different for the H category that i personnaly think was not impressive and low in samples this year... .. . (but it's just me... .. .)
As every year i had really good times meeting friends, old faces and new faces from all over europe... .. .
Personnally i didn't understand how people were able to judge for their own as i think it was one of the first rule of this awesome CLEAN cup... .. .
It's a shame that it started all the questions about manipulating scores cause i was thinking xwe were all far from this type of thing. For me this cup is just for weed lover and passion so i don't wanna fall in suspicion of group votin, puting low score etc... .. .

As for me we are all "friends" and adults and respectful i really don't like the way this year voting results are making each other thinking of others votes etc... .. .

For me if u vote for such a comptetion you have to make it in full respect and honesty... .. . if not it's really not the matter !!! !! !

So now it puts some bad karma in my opinion of our lovin cup... .. . ;-(

I really don't know what to think as every year after the results there always discussion but personnaly it's first time it is so clear... .. . U can vote for your entry and some are saying are puttin some really suspect low score... .. .
Personnally i always comment my scores cause for me numbers are not meaning lot and it's such personnal so it need explanation... .. .

Well personnally i know DrP. and BestHaze and i don't know what happened this year but these 2 guys are really nice and respectful people and the people that know them know what i mean... .. . Me i was thinking nobody can vote for his, SO WHY DID IT HAPPENNED TO A LOT THAT THEY WERE ALLOWED TO VOTE ON THEIR STUFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the best to everybody, it was a blast for me as every year to be able to see you all and talk and smoke with some... .. .

See you next year... .. . but as it is now i don't know if i'll judge again too... .. .
And another point i was unable to enter my vote till 4:10pm !!!!!!! so i couldn't vote for all the entry i had cause had to write all my comment and it is not an easy thing to do if u wanna make it right... so i was a bit acid when i spend 3 days testing and at the end i couldn't express my opinion fully... .. . so be it... .. .

74G

and for people who are voting if u make it properly it is a real hard "work" so when all this means nothing just for technical purpose : IT SUCKS !!! !! ! Personnally it stressed me out on the last day... .. .

besthaze

Well personnally i know DrP. and BestHaze and i don't know what happened this year but these 2 guys are really nice and respectful people and the people that know them know what i mean... .. . Me i was thinking nobody can vote for his, SO WHY DID IT HAPPENNED TO A LOT THAT THEY WERE ALLOWED TO VOTE ON THEIR STUFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank buddy,
you're the first-one how spent 2 words to say something nice about us...after 6on6 (or how u prefer) entries placed.

:huggg:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
its not black and white besthaze, i love you guys both, you are great people doing really interesting and amazing work, you are most generous and a pleasure to be around.

despite all the above and despite that it hurts me to have to criticize, i don't understand why you voted on your own entry. yes the the system should take care of it, but still we all know that self votes are not wanted. so yeah i love you guys both on a personal level and have great admiration and respect for your skills, but still wish you didnt vote on your entry.

thats all really. it's very hard for the organizers to do everything and if we have to worry about things like this, it's just an extra stress, so yeah, would really help if people don't even try and vote on their own entry.

i realize that your entries were top and the results don't seem much different, so wasn't really even worth it. best trimming job you guys ever brought to the cup if i am not mistaken this year. i hope you don't take this as an attack, just explaining how it looks from organisers point of view.

besthaze

its not black and white besthaze, i love you guys both, you are great people doing really interesting and amazing work, you are most generous and a pleasure to be around.

despite all the above and despite that it hurts me to have to criticize, i don't understand why you voted on your own entry. yes the the system should take care of it, but still we all know that self votes are not wanted. so yeah i love you guys both on a personal level and have great admiration and respect for your skills, but still wish you didnt vote on your entry.

thats all really. it's very hard for the organizers to do everything and if we have to worry about things like this, it's just an extra stress, so yeah, would really help if people don't even try and vote on their own entry.

You're right , perhaps I've decided to vote my own and now I can't do something. NEXT time I'll not vote my own entries 4 sure. I don't like so negative vibes for that I consider just LOVE&PASSION

i realize that your entries were top and the results don't seem much different, so wasn't really even worth it. best trimming job you guys ever brought to the cup if i am not mistaken this year. i hope you don't take this as an attack, just explaining how it looks from organisers point of view.

:huggg::tiphat::comfort:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank buddy,
you're the first-one how spent 2 words to say something nice about us...after 6on6 (or how u prefer) entries placed.

:huggg:
hey besthaze,,
i have congratulated the winners and runner ups and the last time i saw DR P was giving each other a hug and trying to make time to talk about future seed testing which we sadly didnt get time to do,,,,
so its not how you sometimes may see it besthaze,,,,,,,,
and i meant that with the greatest respect:),,,,,,:)s2:tiphat:

besthaze

hey besthaze,,
i have congratulated the winners and runner ups and the last time i saw DR P was giving each other a hug and trying to make time to talk about future seed testing which we sadly didnt get time to do,,,,
so its not how you sometimes may see it besthaze,,,,,,,,
and i meant that with the greatest respect,,,,,,s2
:tiphat::comfort:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]@SKIP
for me the software well done, yet! It's working from years and years and another century I hope it goes on!
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
tiphat.gif

but an advice who simply could stop or at least get very difficult the tactical-voting (especially for downvoting):

software shouldn't SHOW the sample's NAME during the voting. it could remain secret till the timeline's ended!

In this matter u could be sure that nobody know what's voting before; maybe from his friends or watching screen from others ppl devices ...
Many time "impossible" sounds good as proof of correctness
wink.gif

PS: didn't I remember well or two years ago was yet like that?!?! and we know the sample's name just when the prizes was given?!?
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I didn't enter this year but last year when I was reviewing the scores I really wished the website would let you
click on a judges name and let you see how they scored every entry as well as their comments.

it might inspire judges to be more thoughtful and to comment more often.

this should be easy from a programming perspective and help everyone understand if things look legit.

I was surprised to see folks voting on their own entries this year and I spotted one person who judged their own entry pretty poorly.

after studying this years scores it looked to me like there were entrants who were consistent in voting at the bottom level for just about everything.

most of us are pretty verbose when we are talking about our own gear, maybe judges should be required or requested
to write up a little something at the end with their overall impressions or perhaps require a written comment for very high or very low scores?

mack 10

Veteran
Can you vote for yourself now ?

i thought you always could vote for yourself but the computer was supposed to change your score for an average one? or disgard it?
not sure when or why that was changed.

Also you were not supposed to know the strain untill after all votes had been counted,so i'm not sure why the voting module was giving the strain names early, we only found out about that after the cup had finished.

Was a great cup. Had loads of fun last days hope too see you all next year.

Oh yeah!:biggrin:

Where can we see the full scores, who voted what ?

Why was only half 2 of my entries shared out and where are they now ?

You and Old Skool Genetics arrived very late with your entry's
The problem was a lot of Sativa Packs went out the night before
Meaning now i had to track down all of those judges and give them the late samples.
What made it more complicated was at the same time as trying to give out those late Sativa entry's i was also giving out Indica and Hash packs, or more likely put, getting mobbed for judgepacks..:biggrin:
I gave out as many of those late samples as i could, many people dissapeared untill the awards night.
Anything that was left over, sample wise was given out to whoever wanted it after the awards.

only just got back yesterday, was really nice to see everyone, had a great time. many thanks to all who participated to make it work and of course congrats to the winners.

i don't know how people were able to vote for their own entries, as far as i know the voting module automatically chucks your vote if you vote for your own entry. i thought that rule was always the same, but seems like some thing was changed in the programing that allowed self voting this year.

This is also what i thought, that the module kicks out all the highest and lowest scores(those highlighted in yellow) and also changed the
contestants score to an average one, not what they put in.

Just to add,

This years cup was super busy for me and Old Pink.
A lot of people offered there help but only a few actually turned up.
Me and Old Pink did our best to get everthing done in a timely fashion, but we where way understaffed. Also entry's where constantly arriving late, right untill the last minuet, this makes it very hard to get the entry's out.

Also a couple of mistakes where made, couple of judgepacks had 2 of one sample or one missing.
And a couple of the late entry guys forgot to take one of their entry's sample's for themselves..
These small problems can easily be ironed out with better man power. (more people doing less jobs)

Again we did the best we could under the conditions.

I did not have time to post anything up on line because i was just too busy, this coupled with the fact the schedule did not get reposted back to the main forum left a few people wondering where and when everything was taking place.

Most had already seen it or found their way there anyway.

On the whole i think it went well,
everyone looked to be enjoying themselves,
smoking ,drinking and talking.
I myself had an absolute blast, just wish i had more time to of chilled with my ic brothers an sisters.
big ups to Old Pink and Gypsy.
An last but definatly not least i'd like to thank
Strandvasker for his killer cups! he puts in a lot of work behind the scenes, eveyone who hepled, 74, skip, OJD, Chaos and mrs chaos and Browser.

Most of big up all the ic fam who send all that wonderfull weed and Hash for us all to enjoy.

:thank you:

HUGE

Veteran
Thanks everyone and congrats to the winners. I had no crop this year due to building a bigger one. I hope to make it out for a judging spot one of these years.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i thought you always could vote for yourself but the computer was supposed to change your score for an average one? or disgard it?

Also you were not supposed to know the strain untill after all votes had been counted,so i'm not sure why the voting module was giving the strain names early, we only found out about that after the cup had finished.

Meaning now i had to track down all of those judges and give them the late samples.
What made it more complicated was at the same time as trying to give out those late Sativa entry's i was also giving out Indica and Hash packs, or more likely put, getting mobbed for judgepacks..:biggrin:
I gave out as many of those late samples as i could, many people dissapeared untill the awards night.
Anything that was left over, sample wise was given out to whoever wanted it after the awards.

This is also what i thought, that the module kicks out all the highest and lowest scores(those highlighted in yellow) and also changed the

Just to add,

Me and Old Pink did our best to get everthing done in a timely fashion, but we where way understaffed. Also entry's where constantly arriving late, right untill the last minuet, this makes it very hard to get the entry's out.

Also a couple of mistakes where made, couple of judgepacks had 2 of one sample or one missing.
And a couple of the late entry guys forgot to take one of their entry's sample's for themselves..
These small problems can easily be ironed out with better man power. (more people doing less jobs)

I did not have time to post anything up on line because i was just too busy, this coupled with the fact the schedule did not get reposted back to the main forum left a few people wondering where and when everything was taking place.

I myself had an absolute blast, just wish i had more time to of chilled with my ic brothers an sisters.
Strandvasker for his killer cups! he puts in a lot of work behind the scenes, eveyone who hepled, 74, skip, OJD, Chaos and mrs chaos and Browser.

Most of big up all the ic fam who send all that wonderfull weed and Hash for us all to enjoy.

much respect and many thanks for the work you did, i know how stressy it can be. specially when the staff has to cancel last minute lol. in the end it was a lot of fun thats the the main thing.

as for the voting thing, i explained that the name of the entrant has to be the same as the name of the member who is judging.

so that means in the list you have to enter the members name, not the company name. only then can the software recognize that the entrant and judge are the same.

in future we will ask the entrants not even to try and vote on their own entry. also we can look at the list of entrants for self voting before we announce the winners in case it creeps through the system due to a spelling error. every year we learn more about making this event as good as we can.

again a big huge thank you to all who helped to make it happen, from entrants to packers.

74G

Oh yeah!

What made it more complicated was at the same time as trying to give out those late Sativa entry's i was also giving out Indica and Hash packs, or more likely put, getting mobbed for judgepacks..

Just to add,

Thanks for all your help Mack, i know it can be really tricky with all the amount of awesome goodness smokes we have... .. .

Personnally i had real great time as always and even better cause now as some of you i know better since years, you became real friends so it's easier to communicate and even easier when in another language cause sometimes i'm too high that my brain didn't really translate cause of brain lazyness ;-)

Next time let me help you more if needed Mack as i told u bro ;-) ... .. .

Again congrats to all participants and winners... .. .
:tiphat: :thank you: :woohoo:
All the best to all ic members that were there... .. .

And see you all next year, but i'm sure i'll see lots of my ic friends before next 420... .. .

besthaze

Just to add,

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]@Mack
Bro, much respect and many thanks for the work you did
[/FONT] :groupwave:

Naturally Wired

I´ve ordered the Sister Starbud Seeds :dance013:(Growers Cup , Best Indica)
Cuz´i wasn´t there @the Cup , but i´ve remembered the Original Starbud and i need something new .
Are the Feminised Seeds from Hortilab stable ?

I Bet it was a Great Paty as Always :rasta:

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
sorry to chime in here late
I had to tidy up in Amsterdam and then get back to the Uk

Ok yes we had issues this year with the scoring, as Gaius said its to do with entry names and judges names not matching that allows this to happen
and yes a few said to me that they had entered scores before they realised they shouldn't
we will work out something to stop this for next year
but from what I seen the averaging system takes out most of the exaggerated scores
or the low balling which there isn't a lot we can do about except show all the scores as we do

next very big issue was very late entry's
we had entry's arriving more than 24 hrs after the packs started going out making it impossible for Mack to track down all the judges to hand out extra packs
I had two friends that had both Sativa & indica that missed out on about 7 samples because they were not in town to pick them up

next year any entry arriving after the 17th will be given out as a freebie and not entered into the system to be judged
its not fair to expect us to have to collect entrys then chase a load of judges around Amsterdam to hand out more

next I'd like to thank Mack10 without who's help this year the cup would have been a total mess
he was ran ragged from day one till he left and worked his balls off in-between running around picking up entry's and getting the judges packs out to people

Congratulations to all that entered this year you made it a very good cup
and to all the winners well done as the entry level was very high as I noticed in the scoring some very close results

I have a load of PM's to catch up on so anyone waiting on a reply I'll be in touch soon

OP