What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Reserva Privada X-18 Pure Pakistani

GoatCheese

Veteran
Here's three of my Tom Hill's x18s. The Reserva's are gonna take a while till they are this size.
These three are in very small pots, cause i'm strugling with space. I'm a tent/cab grower and i have too many plants ATM. LOL ...sure, a positive problem.

BTW, the "apple guy" is a GIRL!! :woohoo:
These three aren't showing sex yet.
The middle on smells really sweet, sort of to the apple/pear-direction, but it's different to the apple-girl.
The tall one doesn't smell as much, but it has some lemony/citrusy aroma.
The shortest one doesn't smell too much yet.

picture.php

:)

GoatCheese

Veteran
Little update.

In general Reserva Privada's 'X18 Pure Pakistani' is leaning abit more to the broad leaf-type than the few Tom Hill-originals i have going. Some stay short, some are abit taller, some like to branch out and some like to form a main cola.
One plant has a little purple under the leaves as you can see from the pics posted above.

Aromas are mainly sweet hashy/spicy fruity or berry bubblegummy. Some plant is spicy and somewhat fuel-like. Very nice aromas.

Here's what i wrote/speculated about the aroma and genetics of X18 few days ago:

BTW..
Now that i'm flowering my X18s, i noticed 'Afghan Kush' by World Of Seeds has a pheno that, i'm quite sure, is related to X18. Many of the X18s have this strange and loud "exotic fruit/flower smell" and fuel-like hashy, spicey aroma and one of the Afghan Kushes i grew years ago had the same aroma, but also similar plant-structure.

It looked abit like this, very little side branching like some of the X18s (..pic from s eedfiinder, not mine)

picture.php

Nirvana's 'Ice', which has North Indian-genetics in it, also had the same strange exotic fruit/flower smell on one pheno, but without the fuel-like hashyness, and the plant was much taller than my X18s. The high was similar to N. indian charas, so it could be that X18 and the Afghan Kush have the same/related N.Indian genetics in them.
Peace
Male from my Tom Hill original X18s has more narrow-leaf-traits than most of my Reserva X18s and was quite stretchy when put into 12/12, which could support my "theory" about the N. Indian genetics in X18 line

picture.php

Now some Reserva Privada X18 pics.
The plants were vegged for a long time in small pots and under cfl's, so they're maybe abit more stretched than normally. Same goes for the Tom Hill male above.
Few veg-pics so you guys can see the main phenos i have and some of their leaf shapes.
picture.php

Branchy pheno, a short one and a single cola-type

picture.php

Last edited:

GoatCheese

Veteran
Few flower pics of the Tom Hill-originals

Shortest one. Most broad-leaf type:

picture.php

picture.php

Second one ..clone was vegged under low watt cfl's and was a bit streched before put in 12/12, so normally is abit more compact

picture.php

picture.php

All my X18s dried out few times, so there's a little leaf damage in the pics.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Last one of my 3 Tom Hill X18s

picture.php

picture.php

In general my Tom-x18s are more "fresh smelling"; floral, sour apple while Reserva's version is more bubblegummy sweet. Both can also be quite spicy/hashy, thou some plants stay fairly fresh and fruity.
..but we have to remember i only got three females and one male out of 30 Tom Hill-seeds, so my selection is quite limited

..while Reserva's version was made with a small parent selection. I imagine DNA's male-x18 was/is a short Broad Leaf-type, which are the more bubblegummy phenos.

TDK

Veteran
Last one of my 3 Tom Hill X18s

In general my Tom-x18s are more "fresh smelling"; floral, sour apple while Reserva's version is more bubblegummy sweet. Both can also be quite spicy/hashy, thou some plants stay fairly fresh and fruity.
..but we have to remember i only got three females and one male out of 30 Tom Hill-seeds, so my selection is quite limited

Breed first the few you have and make then another selection with a bag full of fresh original T.H X18 beans...

I´m in your show, keep us updated what you wanna do:biggrin:

regards
:tiphat:

GoatCheese

Veteran
Breed first the few you have and make then another selection with a bag full of fresh original T.H X18 beans...

I´m in your show, keep us updated what you wanna do:biggrin:

regards
:tiphat:
Hey there TDK..
Yea that was the plan, first i'm gonna polinate every X18 lady i have (Tom Hill & Reserva) with the two males (TH & Res) to preserve the strain, and later, if things go to plan, i'm gonna make F2s with the Tom Hill-plants.

I have all four TH X18s cloned, but i didn't clone any of the Reservas. Still have a pack of the Reservas to pop some time later.

The Reserva-male is now gone, but i have fair bit of pollen saved.

The Tom-male, now separated from the ladies, is just starting to drop pollen. Think i'm gonna collect some on monday and mix it with some frozen Res-pollen and then dust the ladies, and then repeat few days later.

I have a G13-leaning Gordy's Spice #18 (Motarebel) in the tent as well waiting to get dusted.

Gordy's Spice #18 (Pacific G13 x NL#5 male from BCSC)
...looks quite like the X18s.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

GoatCheese

Veteran
Done and dusted.

Few grow notes:
Easy to grow and don't need a lot of nutes. I'm growing in soil (any old potting mix + little coco mixed in sometimes) with BioBizz nutes and i think the most i gave to the plants was around 3-3,5 ml/litre (including both Grow + Bloom).

Many plants grow dense buds so a good air circulation is needed in humid spaces, but there are also fluffy-bud plants in the mix as well.

Few plants grew couple of nanners in late, late bloom (10-11 weeks) but that could partly be because of flushing and them also drying out. But nothing serious. Some plants in TH's line will behave the same way.

Haven't smoked any yet. Will do when the buds will cure for few weeks, thou i'll make iceolator hash out of most of it. So i'll come back with a few words after smoking some.

Few pics during flowering and then right before chop:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
High GC nice overviews and goodgame popo, congratz!

Which one is your fav for now? The last blue one?
Vibes to your cure n smoke!
:canabis:

GoatCheese

Veteran
High GC nice overviews and goodgame popo, congratz!

Which one is your fav for now? The last blue one?
Vibes to your cure n smoke!
:canabis:

Cheers Roms..
Well, i never took any cuttings to keep of these Res-X18s cause i have my Tom Hill originals, but there were few plants that would have made the cut for atleast few rounds, so i kinda didn't pick a favourite.

But maybe the one plant whose buds are the most purple in my last post. Had nice sweet aroma and nice sized buds. I have no whole plant pics of her in late flower, cause i lost the top to bud rot about 4 weeks after polination. My fault cause after changing tents i somehow forgot/didn't put a fan in the tent ..slept really badly at the time so was abit absent minded. Glad i caught it right away. One TH X18 also lost one small top.

Also, the fluffy bud pheno, that has the pointy shaped top (seen the pheno in photos of Uzbek and Afghan lines) has a strange perfumey aroma that kinda reminds me of the floral/perfumey tones of UK Cheese. Also different kind of hashyness to her than the other hashy phenos, more like a darker affie, not as sickly sweet as the bubblegummy phenos, but still sweet. Nice resin on her, but the buds were quite airy.

One purple pheno has similar moldy aroma i experienced while growing Baglung Nepalis, that line also had alot of puple in them. Also it was not as gummy sweet as the others.

Anyways, in general i like the sweet hashy phenos the most, being a fan of traditional hashish. I bet a dry shift or bubble hash from these plants would be really killer stuff. Sweet and tasty, relaxing effect with a bit of a twist of N.Indian-psychedelia, but more calm and clear than a proper Manali or Nepali, but also abit more stoney.
..Thou i haven't smoked any of the Res X18s, i just smoked one of the THs abit and it was the shortest broad leaf-type, so i can imagine that the more tall and lanky X18 plants can give a bit of spin in the mind if smoked heavily, like N. Indians do.

My TH favourite reminds me of christmas and ginger breads! When you lift her out of the tent and just let her sit in the room for a while w/o touching her, she smells like how raw green apples taste, but soon as you squeeze the buds it's very sweet hashy and fruity. She grows few nanners if stressed, but so little that she might stay clean if i wont fuk up the grow.

BTW, the Black Domina i'm growing (..think it's an Ortega-leaning pheno) has the same exact hash aroma as many hashy X18s from Res and TH lines, the fruity/bubblegummy sweet hashy ones, and the Domina is closest to my Raw Apple-X18. The Dom even has the same raw apple-like bite to her, but it's not so loud as on the X18, and the Dom is more floral-type fruity but the hashiness is the same kind. Super nice.
Some Res X18s also had the raw apple bite to them, but none of them was quite like my apple-keeper.
Here's the Domina:

picture.php

picture.php

Peace.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Apple Moroc from Amsterdam

Apple Moroc from Amsterdam

Check this out!
In august 2013, a hash made from Paki plants grown in Morrocco was named 'Apple Moroc' by Kadisnky coffeeshop in Amsterdam.
I wonder if the genetics were X18 related.

picture.php

Roms

.bzh
Veteran

Cheers Roms..
Well, i never took any cuttings to keep of these Res-X18s cause i have my Tom Hill originals, but there were few plants that would have made the cut for atleast few rounds, so i kinda didn't pick a favourite.

But maybe the one plant whose buds are the most purple in my last post. Had nice sweet aroma and nice sized buds. I have no whole plant pics of her in late flower, cause i lost the top to bud rot about 4 weeks after polination. My fault cause after changing tents i somehow forgot/didn't put a fan in the tent ..slept really badly at the time so was abit absent minded. Glad i caught it right away. One TH X18 also lost one small top.

Also, the fluffy bud pheno, that has the pointy shaped top (seen the pheno in photos of Uzbek and Afghan lines) has a strange perfumey aroma that kinda reminds me of the floral/perfumey tones of UK Cheese. Also different kind of hashyness to her than the other hashy phenos, more like a darker affie, not as sickly sweet as the bubblegummy phenos, but still sweet. Nice resin on her, but the buds were quite airy.

One purple pheno has similar moldy aroma i experienced while growing Baglung Nepalis, that line also had alot of puple in them. Also it was not as gummy sweet as the others.

Anyways, in general i like the sweet hashy phenos the most, being a fan of traditional hashish. I bet a dry shift or bubble hash from these plants would be really killer stuff. Sweet and tasty, relaxing effect with a bit of a twist of N.Indian-psychedelia, but more calm and clear than a proper Manali or Nepali, but also abit more stoney.
..Thou i haven't smoked any of the Res X18s, i just smoked one of the THs abit and it was the shortest broad leaf-type, so i can imagine that the more tall and lanky X18 plants can give a bit of spin in the mind if smoked heavily, like N. Indians do.

My TH favourite reminds me of christmas and ginger breads! When you lift her out of the tent and just let her sit in the room for a while w/o touching her, she smells like how raw green apples taste, but soon as you squeeze the buds it's very sweet hashy and fruity. She grows few nanners if stressed, but so little that she might stay clean if i wont fuk up the grow.

BTW, the Black Domina i'm growing (..think it's an Ortega-leaning pheno) has the same exact hash aroma as many hashy X18s from Res and TH lines, the fruity/bubblegummy sweet hashy ones, and the Domina is closest to my Raw Apple-X18. The Dom even has the same raw apple-like bite to her, but it's not so loud as on the X18, and the Dom is more floral-type fruity but the hashiness is the same kind. Super nice.
Some Res X18s also had the raw apple bite to them, but none of them was quite like my apple-keeper.
Here's the Domina:

View Image

View Image

Peace.

Really good demonstration GoatCheese!

About the effects i think you could extend a bit more the maturing of trichomes to exhale the terpenes and also accentuate and pump their buzz... Probably clear trichs were presents according to the few white pistils at harvest...

Anyway the exploration of the offspring without seeded flowers will enjoy your nose and senses for sure... :biggrin:
Congratulations again for the breeding bro! K++!

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Vibes GC, few more X18 Reserva P. past pics from my archives!

picture.php

Blue green fruity pheno...
picture.php

picture.php

Plastic green apple pheno
picture.php

Bonne suite with yours bro, great work done bravo again!

Latest posts

Latest posts