What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Issues with rockwool and possible over watering!

Fish1984

I am new at this and am working with someone that has done mutiple growths. We are both speech less and don't know what's going on.

Through my research today I noticed white fungus on top of the rockwool block so I pinched it off. After doing research it seemed all I had to do was fresh water the block to rinse the nutrient salt off.

The biggest problem we have right now is 4 weeks ago we screwed up and let the blocks go dry for 2 days (because it is in a machine and we thought it was on auto water but the auto water cycle got turned off some how). The plants have grown about a half of an inch and roots are growing very slow. half water on for 5 mins twice a day the time went down to once a day for 5 minutes now. The blocks still seem moist at top and soaked at bottom.

I'm thinking that I need to do 5 minutes every other day but worried about getting oxygen from the water to them and how the hell to get them to grow again. I think the growth has been stunned. I NEED HELP!

I am attaching photos of the plants in the box.

P.S. I lost two out of 5 during the 2 day dry spell, changed to 12h on and 12off 2 (400 watt) bulbs and stopped watering of cubes for about 48 hours to allow at least the tops to dry out a little.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 45

the gnome

Veteran
this is the biz forum,
maybe this should be posted in the grow section in the hydro forum.

I'm not a hydro guy but yeah man.... over watered for sure.
way to small for auto watering imho
I'd water by hand and check the grodan to see if it needs any,
then water.
when you have a good root system then you can up the watering.
i use the 2"cubes for cuts,
even when i see roots i only need to water every few days if that.
YMMV
and looks like you have the large 4"cube
btw do you even have roots, I don't see any?

maybe the mod can move this to the proper place
good luck amigo and welcome aboard the good ship IC matey!

Joint Lock

Take a cup from the res or make up a extra batch poor it threw the mesh pot once every 8 hrs if possible to the plants who don't have roots in the water . rockwool needs to be kept damp not wet until roots hit the water . Once roots are in the water doesn't matter if the cubes go dry

Joint Lock

add small pinches of bloom to the water a drop or two of liquid bloom in a gallon jug of ph water at 6 and this will aid in the process of speeding up root growth

Latest posts

Latest posts